The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Turning 42, Feeling 22

Chuferd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 5, 2011
Indianapolis
I spend 6 nights a week in and out of nursing homes and there is a common problem among the residents. They have little or no muscle mass:eusa_naughty:. When you have no muscles, you are like Mr. Bojangles. Your joints have to support your body when there is no muscles to do it. That is why I am a push-up, squat, and sit-up/planking advocate. Cardio is necessary and I am guilty of slacking a bit there. I have a knee issue that keeps me from running as I would like, and I have not been on the bike enough this summer but I still do at least 40 push-ups every other day and in between I pepper in squats and sit ups. Every couple of weeks or so I throw in a super day where I will do 100 or so pushups and 50 to 60 squats plus 30 situps or so. I do not try to stick to a regiment but rather I let my body tell me when to get moving. The exercises I do are with body weight only, so no undue strain on the joints. That being said I can go to a gym and still lift as much as I ever could with only manual exercises to maintain my muscle mass. Sprinting is also a great metabolizer. Just 5, 100 meter sprints a week as fast as you can run will take of 10 pounds in a month.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MGR-GT3

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Aug 28, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
For a second I thought I was on Jillian Michaels Forum :). .. But yeah exercise is just like eating, working or sleeping. An everyday activity.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
I feel 22 too! But mostly because for the first time in my life, I can seriously envision life outside the slow lane. Wheeeee!!!!

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
I spend 6 nights a week in and out of nursing homes and there is a common problem among the residents. They have little or no muscle mass:eusa_naughty:. When you have no muscles, you are like Mr. Bojangles. Your joints have to support your body when there is no muscles to do it. That is why I am a push-up, squat, and sit-up/planking advocate. Cardio is necessary and I am guilty of slacking a bit there. I have a knee issue that keeps me from running as I would like, and I have not been on the bike enough this summer but I still do at least 40 push-ups every other day and in between I pepper in squats and sit ups. Every couple of weeks or so I throw in a super day where I will do 100 or so pushups and 50 to 60 squats plus 30 situps or so. I do not try to stick to a regiment but rather I let my body tell me when to get moving. The exercises I do are with body weight only, so no undue strain on the joints. That being said I can go to a gym and still lift as much as I ever could with only manual exercises to maintain my muscle mass. Sprinting is also a great metabolizer. Just 5, 100 meter sprints a week as fast as you can run will take of 10 pounds in a month.

Yes you are so right about the sprints.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
I felt 22 a few months ago, then she slapped me....

What you are talking about is called High Intensity Interval Training or HIIT. Short bursts of different exercises almost to failure. It does create high calorie burn and carries that burn for an extended period of time (muscle rebuilding is what is actually happening here). Most of your "boot camp" type training systems are built on this method. We have some info on my website or PM me, as I feel like I have been borderline spammy lately with posting links to it.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
@healthstatus: I like HIIT, but then heard that in order to burn FAT, you actually have to workout at some slower pace than that. Would appreciate your info on this, too many conflicting opinions I've heard in the gym and on the net.

XavierYZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 23, 2012
Somewhere in Ontario
I am 30 and feel 70.

Healthy 160lbs 6 ft. Lean muscular. Always tired. I have to drag my a$$ out of bed. 5 hours sleep or 9 hours doesn't matter. I don't know what it feels like to have a burst of energy or feeling refreshed

Went for a check up this week Had blood work done. I might go to a sleep clinic for testing.

This has been going on for years. I am hoping to correct this. The tiredness kills my motivation.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Depressed from lack of sunshine perhaps?

XavierYZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 23, 2012
Somewhere in Ontario
I go Outside a lot. I thought perhaps depression. However i have no other symptoms.

My current business has cash flow problems which causes me stress. Struggling to take my business to the next level. A lot going on.

If I can solve this constant fatigue. I am hoping this give me more drive to keep pushing forward

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I am 30 and feel 70.

Healthy 160lbs 6 ft. Lean muscular. Always tired. I have to drag my a$$ out of bed. 5 hours sleep or 9 hours doesn't matter. I don't know what it feels like to have a burst of energy or feeling refreshed

Went for a check up this week Had blood work done. I might go to a sleep clinic for testing.

This has been going on for years. I am hoping to correct this. The tiredness kills my motivation.

What are you eating?

OP - google Art De Vany. Read his book Evolutionary Fitness. You are doing it correctly. But diet is the huge part, the most important.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
@healthstatus: I like HIIT, but then heard that in order to burn FAT, you actually have to workout at some slower pace than that. Would appreciate your info on this, too many conflicting opinions I've heard in the gym and on the net.

Actually HIIT cooks body fat in a hurry, that is part of the reasons sprinters are so ripped. Once you tear down muscle, it has to rebuild, this slow rebuild time is when it is using body fat as a fuel. So do a HIIT workout, replinish for the next 3-4 hours with water only (no sports drinks). With HIIT initially you won't lose much weight, but you will put on a lot of muscle and burn body fat so you will be smaller, since muscle is 20% smaller than the same weight of body fat

XavierYZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 23, 2012
Somewhere in Ontario
Rawr said:
What are you eating?

OP - google Art De Vany. Read his book Evolutionary Fitness. You are doing it correctly. But diet is the huge part, the most important.

My diet consists of organic foods no processed foods. McDonald's and other fast food has been cut out for 3 months now. Lost 15lbs of fat due to clean eating. Limit my red meat. Eat chicken and fish mostly.
80% of my diet is clean simple foods and meals made with natural ingredients.

Drink coffee beverages daily 2-3 times a day. They don't do much for a boost of energy. I enjoy the coffee.
No coke or Pepsi or any other unhealthy sodas

Workout

30-50 pushups a day sometimes 100
30-50 abs
and I throw 20lbs dumbbells around

I will look into art de vany thanks

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Always tired. I have to drag my a$$ out of bed. 5 hours sleep or 9 hours doesn't matter. I don't know what it feels like to have a burst of energy or feeling refreshed

Did you ask for levels of testosterone?

I went for a check up. Similar feeling as yours.

Asked about it.

Level was below 300. I was told it was too low.

Gel at 1% is available.

You can tell the difference.

And the outrage burst as well, so make sure you find a way to get that extra energy out of your system working out hard.

XavierYZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 23, 2012
Somewhere in Ontario
andviv said:
Did you ask for levels of testosterone?

I went for a check up. Similar feeling as yours.

Asked about it.

Level was below 300. I was told it was too low.

Gel at 1% is available.

You can tell the difference.

And the outrage burst as well, so make sure you find a way to get that extra energy out of your system working out hard.

I will be getting the results next week

Iron
Thyroid
B12
Blood Sugar

Are some of the tests being done. I will ask about testosterone levels as well

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I would recommend cutting caffeine for 3 weeks, but I think it will be hell for you during the withdrawl phase. It can get very very tough with syptoms such as headaches and even blurry vision. But I would recommend trying it to see if that's the issue.

XavierYZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 23, 2012
Somewhere in Ontario
Rawr said:
I would recommend cutting caffeine for 3 weeks, but I think it will be hell for you during the withdrawl phase. It can get very very tough with syptoms such as headaches and even blurry vision. But I would recommend trying it to see if that's the issue.

I have been thinking about doing this. Coffee is my only addiction. I don't wanna give it up. I am going to see what the blood test and sleep study determines

If my results comes back with no issues, I am going to have to try cutting the coffee, and look to take my nutrition to the next level.

I would love to wake up feeling like I could take on the world.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Also brain needs fats. You taking your omegas? Eating avocados?

XavierYZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 23, 2012
Somewhere in Ontario
Bloodwork came back. Vitamin b12 deficiency. Will be taking a supplement.

Look forward to seeing some improvement.

I also read the new evolution diet. I am going to follow this and see what comes of it

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Bloodwork came back. Vitamin b12 deficiency. Will be taking a supplement.

Look forward to seeing some improvement.

I also read the new evolution diet. I am going to follow this and see what comes of it

Yep, that'll do it. B12 is responsible for energy production, among other things. Take a B-complex vitamin in the morning with some water and food.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
B12 needs to be taken sublingual or actually the best in injectable form.

I would do some research and find out WHY you are deficient in B12

By any chance are you a vegetarian or vegan?

XavierYZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 23, 2012
Somewhere in Ontario
Patrick, I am not a vegetarian but I have reduced my meat intake a lot, don't eat alot of red meat, I try to eat chicken and fish.

I have changed my diet considerable this past 4 months, I cut 20 lbs off my weight very fast. now that I lost the fat I wanted to, I am looking to reverse that and add back 15lbs of lean muscle, I am 6foot 155lbs right now, I want to be 170 lean and healthy.

The fatigue has been an issue for years

I have just started the b12 supplement, doctor wants to monitor again in a month or so. maybe I can't absorb b12 through nutrition . Perhaps I will need a b12 shot.

My mother takes a b12 shot, however I think her problem with b12 stems from a stomach condition that developed later in her life.

Rawr, I read the new evolution diet and I am have started following his lifestyle. the exercises have already given me a full body workout in this short time. Thanks

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.