The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Trying To Start a New Business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
Hi everyone,

I've been here for awhile now but never made a thread to journal my progress before. I'll fill in all the blank spots from my past to where I am now.

From 2012-2014 I tried to get into the Navy SEAL's but I was medically disqualified for past injuries before I ever even got a chance to try out. I tried to convince the Navy for 2-3 years to give me a chance but they wouldn't. This was my first taste of what having real drive and passion for something felt like.

In late 2014 I started my first online t-shirt business. It failed horribly. I had a family friend that bought some shirts but the only person that ever bought from me online was from a guy on this forum (thank you). I had an actual business license and all the IRS and state legal things that I had to cancel and officially close my business. I learned an incredible amount about entrepreneurship.

Early 2015 - late 2015 I got into sales. I did door to door sales for a couple of months with ADT security systems. This was my first real taste of selling. I passed a mental barrier in my life about sales which was that you really can walk up to a random middle-class persons door and sell them a $1800 contract for a security system. Then I got into car sales and learned what it was like to be around real sales "sharks". Learned an incredible amount of selling throughout these couple of months.

Late 2015 - I hated my car sales job. It was my first ever full time job and I felt like a slave. I didn't want to be like the people working there for 10+ years. Since closing my first business I always wanted to start again, but wanting to be an entrepreneur again really badly hit me during this period.

November 2015 - I quit my car sales job at random. I don't know why exactly because I didn't wake up that morning wanting to quit, but I felt I needed to. I wanted to be an entrepreneur. My manager at the time asked me what kind of business I would start and I told her "I don't know". She was shocked at my foolishness because we both knew I had car payments and rent to pay.

December 2015 - January 2016 I was in high gear to start a business and work for myself. I started azultea.com. I remember the incredible excitement when I made my first sale, and then another sale and another sale the day after. This was my first real taste of online entrepreneurship. It was another mental barrier that I broke which was that I really can make money online sitting inside my home. December was my best month were I made $300-$400 in revenue. Overall I averaged $100 a month profit. I sold my 2016 Mustang and got someone to take over my apartment lease.

February 2016 - April 2016 (Now). I needed some money so I sold azultea.com for $1000, a fair valuation if not even a little undervalued. I did my first Upwork copywriting contract for $0.01. That isn't a typo, it was literally a penny in compensation for writing 5,000 words. Now I'm currently averaging $100-$150 each contract. I hope to be making way more soon. Sold a ton of my stuff on Ebay for some good cash.

My goal now is to start a new business. I've had information paralysis from all the researching to figure out what my new business will be which is why I'm making this thread - so I can be held publicly accountable. I tried native advertising for affiliate programs and lost $200 pretty quickly. I spent $100 on alibaba products that were absolute crap. I've spent about another $100 learning how to generate leads with Facebook ads (which I like the most, I just have to figure out how to sell them). I need to beat my procrastination and fully commit to something already. I think the fear of failure is what's getting to me and thats what I hope to beat. I know that I'll be successful and my ultimate goal is to be a billionaire. I know it'll happen.

The goals as of now are to - 1) Start a new online business, I'm leaning between dropshipping and affiliate marketing. 2) Raise the money to incorporate a new business or create an LLC because the US dropshippers I talked to need my business license to continue. 3) Figure out a way to make money in the meantime. I've been doing copywriting on Upwork mainly but I'm having trouble breaking $100 a contract and I don't like client/contract work that much to be honest. But if its what I have to do to raise capital for a business then I'll do it. 4) Get some extra money to pay for an INSIDERS subscription on here, I don't feel like I "need" it to be successful, but I would love to see what's going on there and maybe get some knowledge that could really help me.

I will keep posting updates here. If you have any advice I'd love to hear it. Or if there's any questions I can answer or any value I can give back, I'd be happy to answer or help how I can.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.