The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

trying to build a search engine site. Help!

ffp504

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Mar 31, 2014
Hello,

I am building a search engine site to search for unique travel. I have no programming experience. I plan to outsource the work.

I am not comfortable giving away my whole idea in this post. The site will basically book certain aspects of travel. I would like a site with a similar user experience as google.com/flights & google.com/hotels or hotels.com

I plan to go with a more simple approach and branch out from there. I will need to be able to upload partner deals or have a system for them to upload there own deals.

I started compiling a database of locations and other options to help clients find what they are looking for faster.

I am unsure where to go at this point as far as the build. Im sure someone here can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

chrischapman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 3, 2014
Sydney, Australia
google already exists mate. Come on bro!

haha jokes i dunno.

most mainstream flight stuff is already covered.

I would look at doing a lead generation site for unique or less common travel, and sell leads to travel agents or something.

Most flight/travel websites have a lot of limits since they are so mass produced (which is good for their purposes) since most people's flights are relatively simple.

since "unique travel" is more complex and tailored, experience travel agents likely would be best to handle it. Just ideas. Not sure.

ffp504

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Mar 31, 2014
Thanks for your reply,

I am using these search engines as an example. I am not looking to book flights. I am not seeking idea critique either.

I am looking for info on building a search based website like those listed. My product does not require such a vast datebase as flight info or hotels.

themaxx

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 14, 2014
London, UK

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
You can get a site up relatively easily using booking.com or expedia API

Theres hundreds of these already out there and 90% make losses every month

Unless you get your own inventory your just a part of a chain and will get peanuts

Google PPC for hotels cost a fortune

Good Luck

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.