The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

thoughts on the SSD industry?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

mavwrx

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Oct 4, 2010
who here uses a solid state drive? imo, western digital and seagate days are numbered. SSD is the future.

thoughts on fusion io (fio), micron (mu), and ocz?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
WD and Seagate both make SSDs and they are pretty good. OCZ is alright. Micron is pretty good though. I have a Crucial C300 and it's awesome. I will probably never go back to a HDD as my primary drive.

leoo

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 1, 2012
I have an ocz only for my booting and my OS. I installed all my programs to another drive. It runs great..

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
If they were cheaper and I could run a fail over cluster id be more interested. Once they come down in price and start making NAS devices for them then ill pick some up.

BeachBoy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jul 12, 2011
I have an ocz only for my booting and my OS. I installed all my programs to another drive. It runs great..

same here, 120GB for apps and 1TB for data (plus the drobo for backups/NAS)

it's crazy fast, can'T blink and any program is running.

D

DeletedUser2

I run a small raid on SSD for main Drive, with TB Drives for data, it took some working to get it running right, and setting all the auto saves ect was a trick. but I LOVE ssd Drives. All my main programs run from it. (windows, Office, Photoshop, Adobe, Vid Editors)
all my Data on 10,000 RPM drives
I also use an over clocked system that is water cooled to Speed it up even more.

here is the thing, if you spend a lot of time in front of the computer, it really is worth the fastest machine you can get. The speed and time savings over weeks or months starts to become substantial when you add it up.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
I run a small raid on SSD for main Drive, with TB Drives for data, it took some working to get it running right, and setting all the auto saves ect was a trick. but I LOVE ssd Drives. All my main programs run from it. (windows, Office, Photoshop, Adobe, Vid Editors)
all my Data on 10,000 RPM drives
I also use an over clocked system that is water cooled to Speed it up even more.

here is the thing, if you spend a lot of time in front of the computer, it really is worth the fastest machine you can get. The speed and time savings over weeks or months starts to become substantial when you add it up.

Yup... I cant imagine going back to using a regular sized monitor either. Ive been with a 32inch 1080p tv for two years and i will never go back.

mavwrx

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Oct 4, 2010
any thoughts on stocks of the ssd companies?

i liek both fio and ocz, and woujld probably buy and hold fora t least 3 years on these companies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.