The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Desert Is Tough

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
So I'm literally a day or so from launch and I get a message from the coders that there are even more setbacks due to bugs in the code. On top of that, $1800 was spent on elance for adding features to an existing software that was necessary for our sales process and guess what? The company released an update adding several of the features we just spent money on developing...For FREE.

F*ck my life..... Head down and pushing through this but not happy....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
is this the alerts thing you were working on?

Ouch on losing 1800 bucks man

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
I wouldn't say lost as not all of the features were released. But a large portion. No, that software has been completed without issue.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
What software is this your working on, progress thread or something?

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
I haven't mentioned it anywhere

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Sometimes that happens. As you said not all of it was a free. Just keep your eyes moving forward. If you have a product that is awesome you may make it all back and probably a lot more. Sometimes there are losses and sometimes wins. You just have to stay focused and on the goal. If it makes you feel better before I got to the Netherlands I had bought a Van for $2000 found out the frame of the car was going to fall and dumped every pay check into that and four new tires, and everything fell apart and I needed it for my nice $12.00 hour part time job. And frankly between gas and work well that didn't leave much for savings. So, I didn't save enough money in time, and on the street because of ultimatums. :) What a joker! So out of all that hard work you need to do in sidewalk because you're going to be so successful you know. I could tell you some good stories. Being ripped off $2,000 dollars from a scam artist, and even thought I had a contract never seen a dime yet.

Life sucks sometimes. All you can do is keep moving forward and keep batting until you hit a home run. It's a temporary loss. Put your energy to good use. Trust me it can always be worse. :)

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Man, it never ends.

Just take it in stride - every step you take is one further away from the herd.

You'll look back at this and laugh

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
A couple of years ago I lost 4k adding features to my site that never happened. It was a combination of Hurricane Sandy, bad timing, and unrealistic features. In the moment that I realized that the features weren't going to happen (2 months later) I realized that I had two options. 1) Be upset and make my path even harder as result of negative energy, or 2) just shake it off. I decided to shake it off, and I only use that memory now to remind myself of what not to do.

Just try to remind yourself that it's not supposed to be easy and things are probably going to get harder when you start sales and marketing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.