The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Adventure of Writing my First Novel & Short Stories Progress Trhead.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
The New Beginning in 2021. I kind of took the same path as M.J. and started taking notes back in 2011 and have 150,000 words I finished in 2014. I found M.J.'s book and put it aside because I needed to go the rest of the way of going through a lot of different elements of the process to finish this book from a women's perspective of a writer. I remember when I started the forum M.J. kind of challenged me since he knew I needed to learn a lot more then what my "Ego" claimed to know at the time in thinking I could just be the "Babe Ruth" and not go through the process. He's a smart guy!

I do have to kind of chuckle because if M.J. didn't challenge me in 2014 to go through the process, I probably would have not wrote this novel the way it was intended to be written in 2021. Some people believe you just write a book. And some people do just write a book. I just feel now, I was meant to go through the process first to write a better quality book. I am a prolific writer and could write all day long, but I've learned you can just write all you want, but it has to have some value, quality, substance, structure, form, organization, and improvement every year.

I bought some books I've been reading. Right now I'm on page 274 Revising Your Novel, by Janice Hardy. There's three books in one. Amazingly there's a lot of stuff to remember and I didn't know. Ah, but the process I went through is in there as well.

I do love the book Collaborative Worldbuilding for Writers And Gamers. Absolutely love how it talks in depth about building your society, culture, economics, races, and gets into detail the full dynamics of creating just about everything we do in our own world, but transforming it into fiction or fantasy. I'm on page 82, and is written by Trent Hergenrader. It's very technical though so not like your average writers book.

I also have three books, Creative Writing Student's Handbook by Catherine Hartigan Margaret James
The Short Story Writers Workbook.
The Novelists Workbook
These are all from the U.K.
I have read them, and found them to be quite useful and informative. They even give some references and resources to sell your writing.

Creating Short-Fiction ~ Damon Knight. I would recommend this one as well. Quite detailed.

How to Write Dialogue That Sparkles ~ Jim Driver. Something to be worked on is dialogue, since it is important to make the voice stand out for characters. Although Screen Writing and Scripts gives you a lot of detail with dialogue. I know to read these already.

Mastering Suspense, Structure, & Plot. ~ J.K. Cleland. I really love this one as well, it is very detailed.

The not read yet list pile sitting next to me.

Stephen King On Writing.
Save the Cat Writes a Novel, Jessica Brody
Writing a Killer Thriller, Jodie Renner
Understanding Conflict, Janice Hardy
The RPG Character Backstory Guide
Plotting Your Novel Workbook, Janice Hardy.

I read fast, but I know to slow down, because there's so much information there. Obviously, I need to apply it, practice it, and hone the skills. Which probably will be quite transforming getting into a different niche, writing style, and applying the Psychology skills I already have.

A new process for 2021. I'm sure there will be some growth. I'm sure I need to learn copy writing as well as M.J. says.

Challenges may be switching from non-fiction psychology writing into show and not tell. I'm very descriptive, visual, colorful, and may want to describe too much.

I do need to sharpen up on my grammar and editing. I do have enough to read here first.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
The New Beginning in 2021. I kind of took the same path as M.J. and started taking notes back in 2011 and have 150,000 words I finished in 2014. I found M.J.'s book and put it aside because I needed to go the rest of the way of going through a lot of different elements of the process to finish this book from a women's perspective of a writer. I remember when I started the forum M.J. kind of challenged me since he knew I needed to learn a lot more then what my "Ego" claimed to know at the time in thinking I could just be the "Babe Ruth" and not go through the process. He's a smart guy!

I do have to kind of chuckle because if M.J. didn't challenge me in 2014 to go through the process, I probably would have not wrote this novel the way it was intended to be written in 2021. Some people believe you just write a book. And some people do just write a book. I just feel now, I was meant to go through the process first to write a better quality book. I am a prolific writer and could write all day long, but I've learned you can just write all you want, but it has to have some value, quality, substance, structure, form, organization, and improvement every year.

I bought some books I've been reading. Right now I'm on page 274 Revising Your Novel, by Janice Hardy. There's three books in one. Amazingly there's a lot of stuff to remember and I didn't know. Ah, but the process I went through is in there as well.

I do love the book Collaborative Worldbuilding for Writers And Gamers. Absolutely love how it talks in depth about building your society, culture, economics, races, and gets into detail the full dynamics of creating just about everything we do in our own world, but transforming it into fiction or fantasy. I'm on page 82, and is written by Trent Hergenrader. It's very technical though so not like your average writers book.

I also have three books, Creative Writing Student's Handbook by Catherine Hartigan Margaret James
The Novelists Workbook
I have read them, and found them to be quite useful and informative. They even give some references and resources to sell your writing.

Creating Short-Fiction ~ Damon Knight. I would recommend this one as well. Quite detailed.

How to Write Dialogue That Sparkles ~ Jim Driver. Something to be worked on is dialogue, since it is important to make the voice stand out for characters. Although Screen Writing and Scripts gives you a lot of detail with dialogue. I know to read these already.

Mastering Suspense, Structure, & Plot. ~ J.K. Cleland. I really love this one as well, it is very detailed.

Stephen King On Writing.

I read fast, but I know to slow down, because there's so much information there. Obviously, I need to apply it, practice it, and hone the skills. Which probably will be quite transforming getting into a different niche, writing style, and applying the Psychology skills I already have.

A new process for 2021. I'm sure there will be some growth. I'm sure I need to learn copy writing as well as M.J. says.

Challenges may be switching from non-fiction psychology writing into show and not tell. I'm very descriptive, visual, colorful, and may want to describe too much.

I do need to sharpen up on my grammar and editing. I do have enough to read here first.
The Pivot is essential in writing this novel since in 2011 when I started the vision, I did not have all the facts about the main focal point of what I wanted to express.

This is probably where I'm different then most writers I see because you can start out with an idea, vision, but all the answers might not be right in front of you. You might have the skeleton, the bare bones.

There is short-term gains in writing poetry every day or short stories as I have piles of poems, prose, but there's a process in creativity, change, how you define what you are painting on the canvas with words.

You can get stuck in a certain way of writing. And even in writing, the focus deals a lot with your own progress in your emotional patterns, mental patterns, physical patterns, financial patterns, relationship patterns, and communication patterns since you're mirroring the audience where they may be in their personal "Real" story.

The heroine or hero's journey is something we all go through in life in our own way.

When people escape into that movie, that video game, that music lyric, it has a cause and effect on the outcome of their own personal life since it is connected with their emotional patterns, mental patterns, and spiritual patterns.

As I stated, I put my Novel to the side, because I had to go through the process. This meant to pivot along the way. I was going in different directions from being able to step into the characters themselves and possibly seeing from those point of views in the experience. While you don't always see the big picture while you're going through it, 2020 was perfect vision of my "Why" and it validated my Vision for this book was accurate in 2011.

My focal point was creating a product that impacted humanity and to move the world forward long-term. This was for me to break the chains of past generations. You have to look back in time why people wrote fiction the way they did back through the era's.

Today in 2021, individuals create content every day, but is it "Quality over Quantity" content that lasts long-term, or just goes by so fast, it ends up forgotten forever?

Short-term gains may last for a minute. Long-term gains last for generations.

One example: Gone with the Wind was blasted in 2020 for the Movie on "Slavery". Now, I have to say this was part of the process, because this book was mentioned to me in 2011 and I did read it and watched the movie. And this was not the "Focal Point" of what I got out of the book. I wasn't even paying that close attention. This book was long-term profits for a few generations.

In 2020, we have the Cancellation and Censorship of Generation Z. As we can see between Generation X and Generation Z with Eminem.

Which if I finished this book earlier, it would not have lasted long-term because I needed to hear the voice of Generation Z and Millennial's, because I had the Baby Boomer perspective and the Generation X perspective.

I do have to chuckle, because I have already ran into the same problem the last year with the battle between Gen X and Gen Z with content and censorship and cancellation.

Eminem's response:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qleJpzB4q7A

Then you had the Lil Nas X, Call Me By Your Name Episode was a hot topic.

There's a battle time to time with how we write content, what words we use, and new words being invented as we can see even with politics with labels, niches, and categories.

Social norms of what we find acceptable and not acceptable to society are changing how we define certain parts of our experience.

Three of my male friends passed away from Generation X this year and it brought back the younger days 30 years ago or more when I lived in the middle of the Punk Rock Culture, Grunge, and Heavy Metal.

This was part of the process as well, since we are all about communications, words, and often we wore t-shirts with explicit words, labels, brands, and even ended up in the News a few times.

While back then I let go of my writing since I knew from English classes that I had a huge impact on them in away that other writers did not. I could see it on their facial expressions, body language, and at the time I thought I was doing something wrong. In actuality, the way I write is far deeper and transformational in the audience.

I had won awards when I was younger in my writing, but I had to learn later in life to not be attached to the the reaction or response of the audience and just trust the process. Which comes back to M.J. 's challenge I mentioned before.

What is hard for others is quite natural for me when it comes to writing. The whole process from 2011 until 2021 was stepping out as the INFJ and using my voice and allowing myself to shine bright.

This comes to the feminine journey of standing in my full personal power. Those three masculine who passed away this year was a reminder to be eccentric, out of the box, be a rebel, be a revolutionist, and stand out from the crowd. Break out of the mold of what a "Novel" should look like at face value. Perhaps even breaking the rules somewhat and breaking out of the trail of formula's, and patterns of other writers.

Part of the process was breaking out of the prejudices, discrimination, the false belief systems I might have been conditioned in the first part of my life. As Millennial's and Generation Z crack open a whole new perspective, new creativity, and push you out of those "Old World" dynamics.

2021 is all about blazing a new trail and shutting the door to the "Old Life". Pivot in a new direction with my writing and let go of the old habits of writing and communication. I still have the same vision and the skeleton, but it needs to adapt, adjust, problem shoot, and problem solve in the format it began in 2011.

There's a death in the process of being a writer time to time. If you do things the same way, you've always done, you'll get the same result and outcome.

Margaret Mitchell did take her time writing "Gone With the Wind." At the time in 2011, I didn't understand why. Although, I do understand now. Now it is just taking everything I learned from 2011-2021 and sifting through the notes and weeding out what doesn't work and what applies now in 2021.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hTI4z2ijc4

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
The Pivot is essential in writing this novel since in 2011 when I started the vision, I did not have all the facts about the main focal point of what I wanted to express.

This is probably where I'm different then most writers I see because you can start out with an idea, vision, but all the answers might not be right in front of you. You might have the skeleton, the bare bones.

There is short-term gains in writing poetry every day or short stories as I have piles of poems, prose, but there's a process in creativity, change, how you define what you are painting on the canvas with words.

You can get stuck in a certain way of writing. And even in writing, the focus deals a lot with your own progress in your emotional patterns, mental patterns, physical patterns, financial patterns, relationship patterns, and communication patterns since you're mirroring the audience where they may be in their personal "Real" story.

The heroine or hero's journey is something we all go through in life in our own way.

When people escape into that movie, that video game, that music lyric, it has a cause and effect on the outcome of their own personal life since it is connected with their emotional patterns, mental patterns, and spiritual patterns.

As I stated, I put my Novel to the side, because I had to go through the process. This meant to pivot along the way. I was going in different directions from being able to step into the characters themselves and possibly seeing from those point of views in the experience. While you don't always see the big picture while you're going through it, 2020 was perfect vision of my "Why" and it validated my Vision for this book was accurate in 2011.

My focal point was creating a product that impacted humanity and to move the world forward long-term. This was for me to break the chains of past generations. You have to look back in time why people wrote fiction the way they did back through the era's.

Today in 2021, individuals create content every day, but is it "Quality over Quantity" content that lasts long-term, or just goes by so fast, it ends up forgotten forever?

Short-term gains may last for a minute. Long-term gains last for generations.

One example: Gone with the Wind was blasted in 2020 for the Movie on "Slavery". Now, I have to say this was part of the process, because this book was mentioned to me in 2011 and I did read it and watched the movie. And this was not the "Focal Point" of what I got out of the book. I wasn't even paying that close attention. This book was long-term profits for a few generations.

In 2020, we have the Cancellation and Censorship of Generation Z. As we can see between Generation X and Generation Z with Eminem.

Which if I finished this book earlier, it would not have lasted long-term because I needed to hear the voice of Generation Z and Millennial's, because I had the Baby Boomer perspective and the Generation X perspective.

I do have to chuckle, because I have already ran into the same problem the last year with the battle between Gen X and Gen Z with content and censorship and cancellation.

Eminem's response:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qleJpzB4q7A

Then you had the Lil Nas X, Call Me By Your Name Episode was a hot topic.

There's a battle time to time with how we write content, what words we use, and new words being invented as we can see even with politics with labels, niches, and categories.

Social norms of what we find acceptable and not acceptable to society are changing how we define certain parts of our experience.

Three of my male friends passed away from Generation X this year and it brought back the younger days 30 years ago or more when I lived in the middle of the Punk Rock Culture, Grunge, and Heavy Metal.

This was part of the process as well, since we are all about communications, words, and often we wore t-shirts with explicit words, labels, brands, and even ended up in the News a few times.

While back then I let go of my writing since I knew from English classes that I had a huge impact on them in away that other writers did not. I could see it on their facial expressions, body language, and at the time I thought I was doing something wrong. In actuality, the way I write is far deeper and transformational in the audience.

I had won awards when I was younger in my writing, but I had to learn later in life to not be attached to the the reaction or response of the audience and just trust the process. Which comes back to M.J. 's challenge I mentioned before.

What is hard for others is quite natural for me when it comes to writing. The whole process from 2011 until 2021 was stepping out as the INFJ and using my voice and allowing myself to shine bright.

This comes to the feminine journey of standing in my full personal power. Those three masculine who passed away this year was a reminder to be eccentric, out of the box, be a rebel, be a revolutionist, and stand out from the crowd. Break out of the mold of what a "Novel" should look like at face value. Perhaps even breaking the rules somewhat and breaking out of the trail of formula's, and patterns of other writers.

Part of the process was breaking out of the prejudices, discrimination, the false belief systems I might have been conditioned in the first part of my life. As Millennial's and Generation Z crack open a whole new perspective, new creativity, and push you out of those "Old World" dynamics.

2021 is all about blazing a new trail and shutting the door to the "Old Life". Pivot in a new direction with my writing and let go of the old habits of writing and communication. I still have the same vision and the skeleton, but it needs to adapt, adjust, problem shoot, and problem solve in the format it began in 2011.

There's a death in the process of being a writer time to time. If you do things the same way, you've always done, you'll get the same result and outcome.

Margaret Mitchell did take her time writing "Gone With the Wind." At the time in 2011, I didn't understand why. Although, I do understand now. Now it is just taking everything I learned from 2011-2021 and sifting through the notes and weeding out what doesn't work and what applies now in 2021.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hTI4z2ijc4
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO5ttpuIuvg

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I spent the last week learning new software and formatting for publishing since when I read M.J.s physical books it pushed me to upgrade. I did figure it out the main part. I just need to figure out how to make it look certain ways and detailed from the Graphic Arts perspective.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

dgr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Feb 20, 2016
Spain
I did finish the conflict book. My impression is from all my previous work with my degree and experience, it may be quite easy and natural to bring this conflict out in characters, but may just be applying and practicing the techniques and suggestions that are listed.

I am reading, Writing a Killer Thriller, right now and seems to bring out the Mental Toughness and Adversity stuff, so again may be quite in my favor to bring out that psychological dynamic in my writing. I am on chapter 6 right now.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb2pXSH8TnU

Mattie, are you writing or just reading and watching videos about writing?

I mean, it's important to learn about structure, conflict, etc.

But this progress thread looks like action-faking from here. I know b/c I'm a master action-faker.

Maybe you're spending a lot of time writing but you don't mention it here. If so, kudos to you.

But maybe you're worried about that quality vs quantity that you mentioned. If that's you, you should read this:

If you're spending a lot of time writing, you may add another book to your library. At least this is a short one:

Chris Fox's Write to Market: Deliver a Book that Sells

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
It's already written. I just did not read all these books before I wrote it, and obviously, it's helped me to read these books to go back to it scene by scene and re-write it correctly. Obviously, I have learned you have to have this knowledge to turn it into and Editor and Pitch it to Publishers or they will reject it and throw it in the trash.

For the short-stories, I have not written any before other then poetry. And I plan on writing them every day and make short-reads when I am finished with the books. And obviously, they have to be written correctly.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Thank
Mattie, are you writing or just reading and watching videos about writing?

I mean, it's important to learn about structure, conflict, etc.

But this progress thread looks like action-faking from here. I know b/c I'm a master action-faker.

Maybe you're spending a lot of time writing but you don't mention it here. If so, kudos to you.

But maybe you're worried about that quality vs quantity that you mentioned. If that's you, you should read this:

If you're spending a lot of time writing, you may add another book to your library. At least this is a short one:

Chris Fox's Write to Market: Deliver a Book that Sel
Thank you for the article. This is very true. I usually do just write quantity with poetry. I just have to do with short-stories now. That is the best way for me to learn to just let it all come out at a fast pace.

Fortunately, as the Editor from Michigan pointed out, I tend write too fast paced for readers. Which is slowing down the pace. Then of course, I need to slow down a bit and pay attention to what these books are pointing out and make sense of the structure, plot, etc.

Otherwise, I tend to ramble on with stuff that needs to be cut out from what I can already tell you from reading these books. What I'm meant to be focusing on with the writing. I am very descriptive in writing and describe everything that just isn't always important to the reader.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I'm glad if it helps you improve your writing. The pace of the short story is great, btw.

You need to learn the tropes and get feedback to improve, I was just pointing out how it looked from here. I've been guilty of too much "learning" and too little "doing". That's why I recognize it quickly.

Btw, you've made me realized why I'm not cut for fiction. I'm good at non-fiction and screenwriting, but doing prose is a different animal.
I do need to learn. I gear more to action, crime/forensics, romance, historical fiction. A lot different then Screen Writing. Screen Writing helps learn the Dialogue. I used to be a photographer, so naturally, it is a future goal later on to mess around with film, cinema, and screen writing.

For writing now I still can use it in the novel in some ways. I think many novel writers do, since a novel like the Game of Thrones, because a T.V. Series. Many times if you do the work hard enough you can write a good quality novel they might pick up and then they turn some of it into a screen writing form.

The reviews get bad with some of the best writers sometimes. There was one author I was following that ended up black listed because it got out of control with another author a few years back. Then there was a third one involved.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
On Chapter 34 of Unscripted today. Nothing like M.J. kicking you butt! I see the what I've already been doing right and what I've been doing wrong. I see the error of my ways.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Page 204 of Rat Race 53.
There are many things to be digested. Several things need to be implemented into application and practice. Points out some things that need to be addressed in certain situations to direct things on a new course.

Light bulb flashes.

More butt kicking from M.J. in this book. The book does bring clarity in certain areas I may have been trying to figure out, but lacked direction.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
New books to read.
The Song Writers Idea book.
The Science of Screenwriting.
Quentin Tarantino , The Iconic Filmmaker and His Work.
Screenwriting Tricks for Authors Stealing Hollywood

I did get some poetry books published and still have more to go because there are so many and not sure how to launch them since usually you don't have so many.

Then also working on another non-fiction book.

Then decided to investigate some of the Lyric writing since basically is poetry.
I have been talking someone back home that is a Musician and writes their own music and found out there's a bunch of them i didn't know and Boomers. You can always count on them teaching you something. It is kind of fun looking at some of their work and listening to it. Which there's some Gen X too musicians back home I know, but haven't really talked to them yet. Pondering on this for about a month talking to the one and here and there.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I decided to take a Graphic Design course to upgrade my old skills for book covers today. Also for marketing and advertising purposes. It points out different automation systems on social media as well as different sites to get different elements of photographs, artwork, etc.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Th Song-Writers Idea Book

Page 34 says to listen to Baroque Music for Concentration & Relaxation. Become Centered.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApSoNBu2wt8
'

This book does talk about the Meyer's Brigg's personality types and how as writers we may write quite differently.

As INFJ I'm the natural poet as the book points out. It's just a natural process out of the subconscious mind and not something I think about while I write. I just allow it to come out, and then go back over it.

It kind of reminds me of Ruth Stone the poet. I remember watching this back in 2009 when I started writing poetry a lot. It's very true. If you don't grab the poem it will blow away in the wind to the next poet. It sounds kind of funny, but you have to catch the poet when it comes, or it is gone before you know it. I just write it all down.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86x-u-tz0MA

I am right brain dominate Intuitive and Feeling. If M.J. is INTJ then he would be cerebral Dominate. I was kind of laughing reading this chapter in the book because he made the comment about the "Eyes" in novels. It talks about how different personality types who are writers will use different words and phrases and focus on certain things when they write a song in this case.

Then I was thinking about the "Eyes", and it's simply the "Visual" and in some poems I do focus on the eyes. It is more about capturing the vision. For example: If you look at the Sci-fi or the Images that have to do with A.I. , space, and technology it is how you use those eyes to focus.

Since the Eye is like a Camera lens. When you look through a camera and focus on a person, place, or thing, what is it that you see in front you? Then what does the eye look like, the pupil, the eyelashes, the color, the action of the eye lids, eye lashes, and as a writer, then your taking this and creating word art.

This is different then what he's talking about in a novel. She gazed in his amber eyes. Dreamy, spaced out, and wasting time thinking of what will happen in the future with this guy.

Then as a Visual women writer, when you look at the Covers of Novel's there is this guy that hangs out at the Gym all the time and the Millionaire with a suit.

As INFJ it's more about we get to the truth. The guy in the suit, really doesn't want appear as a business man, but perhaps the hidden race car driver, the motorcycle speedster, the guy that loves jumping out planes and skydiving, the guy that climbs the cliffs of mountains. There's some type of high risk activity, or danger zone, hidden behind the suit.

It's a nice suit and all, but who is the guy behind the suit?

I've gotten into trouble all my life by Extroverts, because I'm doodling, drawing art on the side of the page. "You're wasting time."
Then you read this on Page 22 of the Song Writers Lyric Book, Sheila Davis
Learn to Associate, Incubate, Separate, and Discriminate.

To Activate the Right Mode Way
To Access The Right Mode
Be physically active.
Noodle at an instrument.
Doodle on a pad.
To Associate
Be spontaneous.
let your music flow freely
resist closure.

Page 25 talks about the work habits of each personality type.
Page 29 talks about the personality type and how shapes the lyrics.

Examples of Sensing personality types:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnzTgUc5ycc

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJca07HLqw0

It Was A Very Good Year (2008 Remastered)

Examples of Intuitive Styles

These were examples in the book not mine. lol
A fascinating book so far how without realizing it our personality may influence the types of literature we write.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

The Novelists Workbook

Stephen King On Writing.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pebAgX13bRIhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pebAgX13bRI

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I finished reading the Revising your Novel., by Hardy today. My thought this is a book I need to read again since it contains so much information that is relevant. Perhaps, a a book that is one to return to often and write notes here and there for future reference.

I am not on to the next book Understanding Conflict, Janice Hardy.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I finished reading the Revising your Novel., by Hardy today. My thought this is a book I need to read again since it contains so much information that is relevant. Perhaps, a a book that is one to return to often and write notes here and there for future reference.

I am not on to the next book Understanding Conflict, Janice Hardy.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6HOdHEeosc

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014