The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Active Forex Traders Discussion

Anything related to investing, including crypto

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
I am still negative... Holding though. Cringing now. Again I am at a new high negative... Live and learn. I am trying now to decide what circumstances will change my mind into taking the loss. Right now I cant wrap my brain around that...

RenEnergy

New Contributor
Apr 19, 2015
I am still negative... Holding though. Cringing now. Again I am at a new high negative... Live and learn. I am trying now to decide what circumstances will change my mind into taking the loss. Right now I cant wrap my brain around that...
No pain ...no gain...in the Fastlane !!!....I'm selling US Dollars.....btw, dude....(dudette...hehe)...I'm a Quant......Canadian dollar rose 20 pips yesterday...hooray !!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Just put in a long order for EUR/USD @ 1.13661

Was able to nab 53.6 pips going long before price plummeted. In and out in one day.

eurusdcloseup.png

M&A

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jan 13, 2015
Paris
I should note that I no longer swing trade as I have found a much more profitable method to trade.

Now I trade like a prop trader instead of a fund. I take out half of my profits each month and trade huge size intraday.

If I did this from the beginning Im sure I would have millions with the way markets traded last summer.

For this method to work you have to be right at calling short term market direction 60% of the time (this gets easy after 1000s of hours of watching prices move) with very tight stops and not be afraid to leverage to the hilt. Its a similar style pit traders used in the 80s 90s to get rich fast. Its very tough mentally and you have to be OK with risk and not be afraid to admit you were wrong. A great week with this strategy is risking 12% to make 40-50%.

TennisOrDie

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 13, 2014

Can you post a picture of a chart of whatever you're trading?

TennisOrDie

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 13, 2014
I should note that I no longer swing trade as I have found a much more profitable method to trade.

Now I trade like a prop trader instead of a fund. I take out half of my profits each month and trade huge size intraday.

If I did this from the beginning Im sure I would have millions with the way markets traded last summer.

For this method to work you have to be right at calling short term market direction 60% of the time (this gets easy after 1000s of hours of watching prices move) with very tight stops and not be afraid to leverage to the hilt. Its a similar style pit traders used in the 80s 90s to get rich fast. Its very tough mentally and you have to be OK with risk and not be afraid to admit you were wrong. A great week with this strategy is risking 12% to make 40-50%.

Keep the posts coming. This is proof that trading is fastlane...if you're good.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
It's the AUD/USD and EUR/USD. I am on my phone so not much info on a screenshot of the charts

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
could have gone either way.............
I don't agree. It was fundamental analysis I was looking at. And they were screaming that the dollar was going to get stronger. Whether you trade with fundamental analysis or technical analysis, or both.... short or long term trades. I don't believe trading forex is just luck. It's about seeing patterns. And knowing how the market will react to certain news and movements. etc.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
I don't agree. It was fundamental analysis I was looking at. And they were screaming that the dollar was going to get stronger. Whether you trade with fundamental analysis or technical analysis, or both.... short or long term trades. I don't believe trading forex is just luck. It's about seeing patterns. And knowing how the market will react to certain news and movements. etc.

I hate when people do this.

If you knew this as an absolute, then I'm going to assume you are a multi millionaire now because of that trade right?????????

wait you aren't????????

sigh.

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
I hate when people do this.

If you knew this as an absolute, then I'm going to assume you are a multi millionaire now because of that trade right?????????

wait you aren't????????

sigh.
It doesn't matter that I am not a millionaire so much. I proved I was right by the stop from bond buys. And the American economy became stronger and stronger. As the USD improved against EUR. And that is not luck at all. It was fundamental analysis.

But of course. Nothing is absolute in life. But with knowledge and study. You can figure out what will most likely happen in certain fields. It's not all about making boatloads of money and becoming a millionaire. If that was the case. I would just sell some get rich quick product or something.

For me. It's about finding something that fits me and my personality. I'm thinking about starting a company, but I most likely need a partner. I've got a fastlane idea at least. But I don't want to run the company. Just need a good partner.

Okay, that's it about that. Hopefully.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Hindsight analysis means NOTHING. proof is in the pudding. Not the recipe. I don't want to keep having to say this. This thread is for active forex traders. Please keep opinions and historical analysis to a minimum unless it has to do with a FUTURE LIVE TRADE you are placing. There are plenty of places to talk about the theory of trading this is for those ACTUALLY trading...

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
Hindsight analysis means NOTHING. proof is in the pudding. Not the recipe. I don't want to keep having to say this. This thread is for active forex traders. Please keep opinions and historical analysis to a minimum unless it has to do with a FUTURE LIVE TRADE you are placing. There are plenty of places to talk about the theory of trading this is for those ACTUALLY trading...
I really don't get why you have to defend your thread so much??? Like it's for some kind of special people or something. Didn't you start this thread without being an active trader? And then changed the thread title a couple days ago or so. I don't see why we can't talk everything Forex and currency in a thread like this. But it's your thread I guess. So you make the rules.

What am I suppose to do when people quote my posts? I will answer and sometimes have a discussion. I have a right to do that at least. I think.

Last edited:

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I did start the thread before I started live trading. But I never once have claimed I know or have figured out anything. It's not what you say it's how you are saying it. I just want to keep this thread civil. Most of us in the thread don't care about how right your call was when you don't have enough balls to put your money where your mouth is... For the record I did not change the thread title. Mj did. Its his forum. If you want to talk theory and hindsight analysis about your OPINIONS so be it. Here we care about trades actually happening IN REAL TIME. I could spend the weekend doing historical analysis and show how many thousands of pips I could have if I shorted the eur. But the only trades and opinions THAT COUNT are the trades I HAD THE BALLS TO OPEN.

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
I did start the thread before I started live trading. But I never once have claimed I know or have figured out anything. It's not what you say it's how you are saying it. I just want to keep this thread civil. Most of us in the thread don't care about how right your call was when you don't have enough balls to put your money where your mouth is... For the record I did not change the thread title. Mj did. Its his forum. If you want to talk theory and hindsight analysis about your OPINIONS so be it. Here we care about trades actually happening IN REAL TIME. I could spend the weekend doing historical analysis and show how many thousands of pips I could have if I shorted the eur. But the only trades and opinions THAT COUNT are the trades I HAD THE BALLS TO OPEN.
BALLS BALLS BALLS. It has nothing to do with balls girl. I could start trading $50 like you do in a heart beat. But I don't feel like trading forex for now. But I get it I guess. I'm out of this thread now. Leave it to the ELITE.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
You could but you wont. That is the point...
This is for people who feel like trading.

Noone is kicking you out.

We just dont care about how right you think your opinions are.

Theres a hundred other forums for bullshit talk from people who know everything but dont "feel" like trading.

I know a$$ tons about rei and 1031 exchanges as well as importing and marketing and retail business. I can build websites and know about seo. I can sell affilliate products and do Google ads. I know how to write a blog too and how to make money off it. You dont see me continually arguing with the people doing it on their threads telling them how I know I could do it bettee than them if only I "felt like it" that kind of talk isnt really welcome anywhere on this forum. Its not just this thread. So if you can contribute something USEFUL to the conversation feel free to join in. But all the other bs take somewhere else please. I dont want to drive off actual traders because you keep on with your theorys...

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
You could but you wont. That is the point...
This is for people who feel like trading.

Noone is kicking you out.

We just dont care about how right you think your opinions are.

Theres a hundred other forums for bullshit talk from people who know everything but dont "feel" like trading.

I know a$$ tons about rei and 1031 exchanges as well as importing and marketing and retail business. I can build websites and know about seo. I can sell affilliate products and do Google ads. I know how to write a blog too and how to make money off it. You dont see me continually arguing with the people doing it on their threads telling them how I know I could do it bettee than them if only I "felt like it" that kind of talk isnt really welcome anywhere on this forum. Its not just this thread. So if you can contribute something USEFUL to the conversation feel free to join in. But all the other bs take somewhere else please. I dont want to drive off actual traders because you keep on with your theorys...
Seriously, Why are you so butt hurt about my prediction??? NEVER DID I CLAIM that I am an EXPERT or ANYTHING. I try to create value on this forum. NOTHING ELSE.

I did that by my theory about the long term trades. Was possible to hold for a many months and make profitable. Why get uneasy about stuff like this? You think I'm bragging about stuff like this or something???

Like I said before. When people quote me. I may feel the need to answer. Get it???

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Its not just me and I am not butthurt. But if you keep talking to me like that and I just might start to get pissed. I could give a flying F*ck what you predict. I am responding to the overall feeling I am getting from others posts. I was very nice a while back when this shit started. Not going to stay that way. They are quoting you to call you out on your bs talk not because they want you to talk more or defend your statement. The only true statement is that OPINIONS MEAN NOTHING TRADES DO. thats a fact. My a$$ is not involved. My opinions mean something because I PUT MY MONEY WHERE MY MOUTH IS. When you make a prediction. Take action on it. Make 10cents idc. Do it. Then I will care.

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
Its not just me and I am not butthurt. But if you keep talking to me like that and I just might start to get pissed. I could give a flying F*ck what you predict. I am responding to the overall feeling I am getting from others posts. I was very nice a while back when this shit started. Not going to stay that way. They are quoting you to call you out on your bs talk not because they want you to talk more or defend your statement. The only true statement is that OPINIONS MEAN NOTHING TRADES DO. thats a fact. My a$$ is not involved. My opinions mean something because I PUT MY MONEY WHERE MY MOUTH IS. When you make a prediction. Take action on it. Make 10cents idc. Do it. Then I will care.
Hehe. LOL. Don't get angry girl. I'm out of this thread now. Get back when I got something going. Or never. We'll see.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I care because this is my thread. I will state again I care because I do not want you to chase off serious active traders. I do not participate in forex forums because of people like you. This was/is my safe haven and the only place I discuss my trading.

TennisOrDie

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 13, 2014
So is he finally gone? ha Can we actually talk about trading now? Cause I've been getting killed this past week.

I care because this is my thread. I will state again I care because I do not want you to chase off serious active traders. I do not participate in forex forums because of people like you. This was/is my safe haven and the only place I discuss my trading.

Have you tried bigmiketrading.com?

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I am still holding... Its slowly moving my way. Very very slowly lol. I am just glad I am not at a higher peak of loss lol

Oztrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Aug 9, 2013
Hey just joined the thread...interesting last few posts.

Anyway I am learning a little more in this area. I believe the AUD has a lot further to fall. It is odd how each time the reserve cuts rates the AUD actually spikes. I think it could be due to the sentiment from the RBA that the easing bias may not continue thus building more confidence in the AUD longer term. Of course this is rubbish because the RBA will cut all the way to near zero if need be. I could imagine an AUD around 60-70cents in the not too distant future. Of course this may be reliant on whether the US holds steady, or at least doesn't collapse in that timeframe, which is the gamble I guess!

Do you have any recommendations for a Forex trading bible?

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I am holding the aud short right now. I was looking for around .70. Got stuck in the retracement. Hoping Thats all it is. Nothing I have seen convinces me its anything but.

Oztrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Aug 9, 2013
Agree, the market was somewhat irrational given the rate cute. The AUD will definitely fall over the medium term period. Budget is out today and it will reveal a massive deficit, with no means to recover. Terms of trade are shot to pieces. Iron Ore will fall further, and potentially LNG.

Also the RBA has stated it is fully intent on driving the AUD lower.

I am just waiting for a credit rating downgrade to boot!

TennisOrDie

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 13, 2014
I don't use the news like you guys do. I don't care what's going on in the world. I just look at my charts and base my decisions off of that.

The blue ovals are trades I should have taken today.
The trades I did actually take today are marked as well.

Attachments

• 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 31

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content