The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Active Forex Traders Discussion

Anything related to investing, including crypto

TennisOrDie

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 13, 2014
Holy shit! I am hurting today LOL. Damn. I am very down. Almost 1/2 of my account... This is the highest negative so far. Pondering my options atm. Idk if I want to take the loss or ride the coaster lol

If this isn't fastlane then I don't know what is.

What strategy do you use to trade? Price action, indicators, news?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 18

TennisOrDie

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 13, 2014
I never said anything about any money amount. Because that depends on how much you are willing to risk. And what leverage you are willing to take. Plus, I also mentioned eur/usd. As that one moves pretty much the same as USD/SEK procentage vise. But you are probably right that I should calculate on procentage instead of trying to figure out pips value etc.

So take the eur/usd for example:

1 eur on August 3, 2014= 1.3428

1 eur on November 27, 2014 = 1.2476

1.3428/1.2476 = 1.07630 = 7.63% increase in value, right?

So it must be $7630 on 1 lot trade.

Now lets speculate that you had ice in your stomach and took advantage of the profits made. To see if the EUR would dip even more on the USD.

1 eur on August 3, 2014: 1.3428

1 eur today, on April 29, 2015: 1.1026

1.3428/1.1026 = 1.2178.

21.78% profit. So on 1 lot trade you made $21,780 in roughly 9 months time. That's not bad trading 1 lot trade. I think. But that's just me.

According to a Oanda calculator. I had made 9,520 USD with the first trade. And the longer trade. $24,020.
http://fxtrade.oanda.com/analysis/profit-calculator/

Edit: If it was the USD/SEK it would be $7,802.99 for 3 months and 3 weeks. And as the USD lost quite a lot on SEK. The profit for today would be: $17,600.23 on roughly 9 months. But if you had gone out a few hours ago it had been $19,373.79.

So. They don't move exactly the same as I first thought. You had made more profits trading EUR/USD. On the USD. Instead of USD/SEK on the USD.

The more posts you post the more everyone here realizes you know absolutely nothing about trading.
Stop talking about potential gains. No one gives a shit. Go make some actual money then come here and give advice.

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
The more posts you post the more everyone here realizes you know absolutely nothing about trading.
Stop talking about potential gains. No one gives a shit. Go make some actual money then come here and give advice.
Okay. I will do that. Just want to give examples to prove that you can trade long term. And don't need to sit glued to a computer 4-8 hours or so a day, trading Forex.

M&A

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jan 13, 2015
Paris
Holy shit! I am hurting today LOL. Damn. I am very down. Almost 1/2 of my account... This is the highest negative so far. Pondering my options atm. Idk if I want to take the loss or ride the coaster lol

Oh wow, assuming it was GBP/USD or EUR/USD ?

or any long USD trade, I was in a similar predicament on Monday but I reversed my position and multiplied it 5x (I scale into positions and add heavily when I am sure I'm right)

I have also been attached to biased long USD trades the past 8 months or so but with what has happened recently I find myself betting the other way.

Personally I would take the loss and re gather your thought and plan your next attack

TennisOrDie

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 13, 2014
Okay. I will do that. Just want to give examples to prove that you can trade long term. And don't need to sit glued to a computer 4-8 hours or so a day, trading Forex.

What if we enjoy sitting for 4-8 hours trading every day? I love trading. This is what I want to do every day for the rest of my life. People need to stay busy. There's nothing wrong with working.

And who says you can't day trade and long term trade?

M&A

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jan 13, 2015
Paris
What if we enjoy sitting for 4-8 hours trading every day? I love trading. This is what I want to do every day for the rest of my life. People need to stay busy. There's nothing wrong with working.

Wow I think we are pretty similar Im also young and in love with trading, except my long term goal would be to accept other peoples money to reduce my risk on my own money.

PM me if you ever wanna bounce any ideas back and forth :greedy:

TennisOrDie

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 13, 2014
Wow I think we are pretty similar Im also young and in love with trading, except my long term goal would be to accept other peoples money to reduce my risk on my own money.

PM me if you ever wanna bounce any ideas back and forth :greedy:

Yeah I don't want to be an entrepeneur. I want to manage money professionally. I just love trading.

How old are you and how long have you been trading?

M&A

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jan 13, 2015
Paris
Yeah I don't want to be an entrepeneur. I want to manage money professionally. I just love trading.

How old are you and how long have you been trading?

Well entrepreneur means a risk taker so technically we are entrepreneurs :p

2 years this September, made more money than I ever thought doing this so I left college in my freshman year.

I started trading as a side gig to save 5k to start a business but then I decided to see how far I could really take this thing when I started making real money.

TennisOrDie

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 13, 2014
Well entrepreneur means a risk taker so technically we are entrepreneurs :p

2 years this September, made more money than I ever thought doing this so I left college in my freshman year.

I started trading as a side gig to save 5k to start a business but then I decided to see how far I could really take this thing.

Congrats man. I love making money man. I love knowing that on any given day I have the ability to make money.

I'm currently in college. I'm getting my degree in finance. I wanna have fun for a bit, not really paying attention to my grades that much anymore.

What do you trade?

M&A

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jan 13, 2015
Paris
Congrats man. I love making money man. I love knowing that on any given day I have the ability to make money.

I'm currently in college. I'm getting my degree in finance. I wanna have fun for a bit, not really paying attention to my grades that much anymore.

What do you trade?

Currencies mostly, But sometimes I trade SP500 contracts if I see a high risk reward trade.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
Are you thinking about my examples? Or just a general thought?
Facts max lol
Oh wow, assuming it was GBP/USD or EUR/USD ?

or any long USD trade, I was in a similar predicament on Monday but I reversed my position and multiplied it 5x (I scale into positions and add heavily when I am sure I'm right)

I have also been attached to biased long USD trades the past 8 months or so but with what has happened recently I find myself betting the other way.

Personally I would take the loss and re gather your thought and plan your next attack
Aud/usd eur/usd.

And who says you can't day trade and long term trade?
^ This! Trading is my passion... :D I wish I could spend more time on it than I do.
If this isn't fastlane then I don't know what is.

What strategy do you use to trade? Price action, indicators, news?
I have been using all. These trades are ones I got in during the reversal... I am down A LOT of pips. LOL.

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
Facts max lol.
What do you mean facts? That it is fact that you wish you could trade the past? Is that what you're saying? Well. I explained why I did the examples. And it's just to get people to open their eyes a bit about other options if they are losing trading daily. They could try trading more long term then. And I think I proved that as possible with my examples.

But that also depends on what you see as "successful".

Last edited:

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I have posted a couple times in this thread the resources I used to learn from and the strategy I use when I day trade. I cant pay attention to it (my account the news my technical analysis) all the time when we are schooling so sometimes it turns into a long term trade like now. Lol. I have been around trading for a while and all I know for sure is that I dont know enough :)

I dont go to any other forums beyond this one. And this is the about the only thread I check here. Unless we are on break from school :D

I am a homeschooling mom of 2. (Kids and homeschool the 2 biggest and only distractions from trading full time) I am 38. I found out about the forex market through an ad for a crazy expensive "forex School" on the richdad forums lol. The later part of 04... I was determined to figure it out for myself.

I think I started this thread in 07 before I opened my real account :) the rest is history contained in this insanely long thread [emoji14]

My biggest weakness is not listening fully to my gut. Every single time I have gotten stuck in these trades I knew better. The past few I even posted here and went and screwed up anyway lol. Smh.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
You asked why I said what I said. Facts would be the reason or the answer to your question. Think of the sports almanac from back to the future...

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
You asked why I said what I said. Facts would be the reason or the answer to your question. Think of the sports almanac from back to the future...
Yeah. That was what I thought. But I wasn't completely sure.

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
You do not trade for a living. You should not be giving other people advice on trading. Please stop writing in this thread
Who do you think you are? I know I am not trading. But I did last authum on a demo account and I follow the currency market. You act like a big shot now? How many millions have you made?

I can still come up with ideas and have an opinion. Right?

Last edited:

TennisOrDie

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 13, 2014
Who do you think you are? I know I am not trading. But I did last authum on a demo account and I follow the currency market. You act like a big shot now? How many millions have you made?

I can still come up with ideas and have an opinion. Right?

No one gives a shit about your opinion. You clearly demonstrated you are not knowledgeable in this subject. You should be learning how to trade not trying to tell others how to trade.

Wow you traded a demo account a year ago? Please tell me what I should do with my money

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
No one gives a shit about your opinion. You clearly demonstrated you are not knowledgeable in this subject. You should be learning how to trade not trying to tell others how to trade.
I haven't told shit. More than that you can be profitable trading and holding a position for a couple months or so. Instead of trading many trades a day. What's your problem Mr.?

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA

I feel your pain. I entered GBP/USD @ 1.48880. Down -545 pips.

Sigh, I should of done this..

I can stay calm because it's all money I don't care about losing...

I think I am about to call it quits on my live account. The reason for this is I am trading an account with money I cannot afford to lose. At first I thought I could somehow make a couple bucks here and there but it doesn't look like the case. There is just too much emotions in the way. Taking lost after lost causes a tremendous amount of mental fatigue on me. Or maybe I just need a break....

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I have already lost all my money. I rebuilt my account to the original amount and now I am playing with house money in my head anyway. I can not afford to lose this amount of money in these trades, if it were my checking account I'd be puking. But it's house money so I sleep well even when 1/2 my account is in the crapper lol. Because I can still pay my bills if my account goes boom. NEVER TRADE WITH MONEY YOU CAN NOT AFFORD TO LOSE.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Oh wow. I didnt see the nastiness. When I started this thread I was not yet trading. There is not a list of requirements to post here. Play nice guys... I did get the same feel from your posts though. You think you could make all that money. Wonderful. I think I can do a lot of things. I know how to put in an engine. My husbands a mechanic. I even demoed it... Guess what... I cant actually install an engine. Knowing how to do something and being able to actually do it are 2 completely different things... Those who can do those who can not talk....

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
Oh wow. I didnt see the nastiness. When I started this thread I was not yet trading. There is not a list of requirements to post here. Play nice guys... I did get the same feel from your posts though. You think you could make all that money. Wonderful. I think I can do a lot of things. I know how to put in an engine. My husbands a mechanic. I even demoed it... Guess what... I cant actually install an engine. Knowing how to do something and being able to actually do it are 2 completely different things...
I didn't mean it like "I could do it" literally. It was more of an example in my imagination of what was/is possible. To get people to open their eyes, that you can actually trade in other ways than "day trading". Or trading daily. I know it's unconventional thinking. And that's the point. Because what all the systems preaches and all that is "day trading". Trading every day, sometimes with sveral trades a day. While infact you can sort of trade like Warren Buffett in the Forex market too. My goal was to give value. Not make people uneasy in some kind of way.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

Those who can do those who can not talk....
For the most part. It's like that. But that doesn't mean it's always true. There has been some pretty good predictions on sports events in the past. By expert commentators who probably never laid any money on the games. But I agree that for the most part. That's true.

Last edited:

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Lol commentators aren't playing the game ;) I want to win that trophy baby not talk about who could win!

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
Lol commentators aren't playing the game ;) I want to win that trophy baby not talk about who could win!
Well. I meant expert commentators. Like journalists and so on too. Or expert commentators on tv. Before the game/games.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
You are missing the entire point. If they are on tv talking they are a side show. The real deal is the game not the outsiders looking in. You seem to enjoy that view...

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
You are missing the entire point. If they are on tv talking they are a side show. The real deal is the game not the outsiders looking in. You seem to enjoy that view...
Yeah. I got it. But I just felt I had to clarify. Nah. I don't enjoy that view. I rather play the game. If I was a soccer star. Or so.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Clarify that he was an expert sideliner? I think I got it ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.