The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Active Forex Traders Discussion

Anything related to investing, including crypto

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
No kidding lol. There is talk of lawsuits against snb and the liquidity providers for the brokers... Most of the damage was due to not being able to close stops... I read it went 1800 pips in 6 minutes... I haven't pulled fxcm chart yet to verify but they could not close any orders on any chf pair for a while. That's the most scary part. That's not slippage that's a catastrophe....
I'm still stunned...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
Since the USD/CHF usually runs opposite the EUR/USD, a lot of grid traders use it as a proxy for shorting the EUR/USD. Grid-trading bets the price will move in a range, so I assume a lot of them got wiped out, or are stuck with negative positions. There were always a ton of grid-traders on the Oanda forum.

upload_2015-1-16_19-49-3.png

LibertyForMe

Habits pave the path to success.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
I have everything set up. I have made a new spreadsheet with just the columns I needed. I can do simple functions now I need to add in the if Its a buy or sell add or subtract b from c or c from b I just keep getting errors :(

=IF(A1,"Buy",B1-C2,IF(A1,"Sell",C1-B1,"None"))

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007

LibertyForMe

Habits pave the path to success.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Just google it. What I gave you was a generic nested IF formula that you would need to slightly modify based on your file.

If you cannot figure out how to do an if statement, I would probably stop trying to trade currency markets.

Post a screenshot of your excel file and I will show you what to do.

G

Guest3722A

508 error. :(
Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but maybe??? https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=convert csv to excel

If that doesn't help and you want someone with direct experience, I would check out some q & a boards on the platform you used or whatever it is that has a direct relation to what you need help with and ask questions there.

As a last resort, and possibly of no help but you never know, the sierra chart board has a couple people there who are masters at spread sheet data and like helping people.

Hope this helps. ( :

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I have been to several excel forums and scoured and found nothing. short of posting my specific question I dont know that I am able to find it. I have found several "generic nested if formula" and attempted to tweak them to work, I cant get it right though. I honestly figured at least one of the dozens of traders that I know would easily be able to tell me how. but I suppose its not quite as easy as I thought. or like liberty they figure if I cant figure it out I should just stop "trying" to trade.

G

Guest3722A

I'm not completely positive, but if this tom gilb is the tom gilb that's on the sierra chart board, I'm pretty sure he can help you.

http://www.gilb.com/file7&sort_mode=filename_asc

this guy's a wizard

I'd just see if you can post a message to his board. Nothin' to lose ( :

edit edit edit... that crap's old! lol maybe this will help?

Tom@Gilb.com if it is the guy I'm thinking of, he likes helping people, especially traders

Last edited by a moderator:

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I will try to shoot him an email. thanks! :) I will report back!

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
thanks :) it seems so but Idk though... thats why I need to do all of my trades(from both accounts) so I know exactly where I stand for my entire live trading career.

I was able to upload the partial history. but there is a large chunk of data missing from it (it purged from mt4 before I uploaded) I have it and am still working on trying to process it. I almost have the mail together for the guy Topherea suggested.(trying to make sure its correct and that I dont sound crazy lol I was tired ;) )

Hopefully I can figure it out soon, cause I am dying to know!

right now in the software it has me down @ -2246.5 pips on the old account. but as I said there are deposits missing as well as 1000 or so trades over the first 2 yrs in that figure.

so by what I have already calculated on myfxbook I am down still by 1128.9 pips overall. and definitely down -$413.49 (platform says only down -$175.74)

Bosley71

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 29, 2014
Hi CarrieW,
And hi to all.. I follow this interesting tread.. I'm at page 6 now, but I want read all..
I'll be back when I'm finish..

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Quick question for Myfxbook users. Are we suppose to run "Trading Station Publisher" every time we want to update our new stats or is it suppose to update automatically?

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
you have to run it... took me a while to figure that out too ;)

mt_myke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 25, 2014
Montana
Quick question for Myfxbook users. Are we suppose to run "Trading Station Publisher" every time we want to update our new stats or is it suppose to update automatically?

Disclaimer: I haven't used myfxbook or metatrader for some years. However, if it still works the same way, you either give them the read-only password to your account (easier, doesn't always work right with all brokers though) or run the EA or indy that pushes up your trade stats in real time. You can put it on a chart just for that purpose, leaving your other charts free for whatever you want to put on them.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Disclaimer: I haven't used myfxbook or metatrader for some years. However, if it still works the same way, you either give them the read-only password to your account (easier, doesn't always work right with all brokers though) or run the EA or indy that pushes up your trade stats in real time. You can put it on a chart just for that purpose, leaving your other charts free for whatever you want to put on them.
its not like the other ones I have used. you put in your info but you have to run it, it is not attached to the other platform... I could have missed something though. (ibfx connect I used was loaded into mt4)

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Well since publishing my account public (so I could share here) 2people have contacted me wanting to buy my system/signals... Idk what to say to them...

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Well since publishing my account public (so I could share here) 2people have contacted me wanting to buy my system/signals... Idk what to say to them...

Personally, I would ignore. Just focus on trading and stay the course.

There is too much noise outside of trading.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I tend to agree with you :) I dont want to feel responsible for anyone elses trading...

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I am looking at that site... do you use it? know how it works?

Martinv678

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 6, 2013
My FxBook looks cool, I'll have to start using that. You're doing good 191% is a good amount.

G

Guest3722A

I am looking at that site... do you use it? know how it works?
No I don't, nor have I. But someone I used to email with back in '11 (or '10?) did. And he got a lot of ridicule on the forum we hung out on from other traders making fun of him because he considered himself to be a quant. Well, apparently he ended up doing quite well because I got a notification one day in my email, I think from c2, that listed him as having 2 of the top systems there. Was kinda cool because it had that"I know that dude" kinda feel to it.

But this was something that he put a ton of time into. His goal all along was to be a designer of trading systems

Martinv678

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 6, 2013
Does anybody have an experience in creating an expert advisor?

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
hmm... that site is pretty cool. Idk if I am ready to do something like that just yet though. I was curious if one needed to set up a system or if you could send out trades as they are done... it seems like it does both. I was hoping you had used it and could fill me in :)

Pacman385

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 28, 2013
Here's my homemade analytical excel spreadsheet.

Anyway, who here was on the plus side of the Swiss decision and who was on the negative side?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    232.9 KB · Views: 5

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content