The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Taking the Erotica Leap

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
Great progress. Nice to see that you're gaining sales- and I'm really liking the fact that you're pulling all your talents together to create a self-sustainable business for yourself. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rainy_TX

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 6, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Congrats! And I have to say, that Raven cover is looking nice

Thanks! I'm trying for a little darker feel with this cover than the other ones I made. :)

lleone

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Sep 7, 2011
New York
Congrats on all the progress! Really loved reading this thread. You are definitely on your way and I love your covers.

if you aren't collecting names for a mailing list, do so now! I would say that 90% of the people on my mailing list buy my newest book within 2 days of me sending them an email.

I'm shooting to submit my first book by the end of the month. Do you think I need to set up a blog for collecting names before going live for the first book? I was planning on just doing KDP Select on Amazon (or should I do Smashwords, et al.)

Looking forward to following your progress.

Anthony Mitoli

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Dec 1, 2013
I have a question about self publishing on the kindle store:

Where it asks me for my information for tax purposes can I use a pen name there?

Like, if I use a name other than my own will I be able to cash the checks if/when people buy my work? I would rather not author all my books using my real name at this time. Can you use different pen names for different works? Basically nowhere in the FAQ does it tell me if my real name that I enter for taxes will automatically end up on the actual sales of the books.

Thanks so much you guys are a huge inspiration to me. I am just about done with my first 180 page book and I want to make sure I get the process of listing it correct.

Anthony Mitoli

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Dec 1, 2013
I'd use your real name on the tax part. This does not effect your books. When you go to publish, you can enter your pen name there. On one account, you can use hundreds of pen names. :)
Thanks so much! I'm anxious to get published! Seems like I need to put some serious thought into my cover!

COSenior

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 22, 2013
Colorado
I've had a couple of people ask about pre-made covers so I've started putting a few together, if anyone is interested. Pre-made Covers I will be adding more each day. All of my covers
Something has to pay for the editor! lol
Very nice, but I don't see prices. I know you once quoted a price for forum members, but I was under the impression that was for custom covers. Are the pre-mades the same?

Enigmatic One

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 1, 2014
Thank you so much! Made my day! :)

It's no problem! The funny thing is, I had never read an Erotica and neither had my wife but after going through this thread I decided to check yours out. I'm glad I did because it showed me a different way of writing that I had never explored before. Your book broke my Erotica cherry so to speak (no pun intended).

I really was interested in the characters and could picture the events that you had written. Very inspiring!

This thread is proof that hard work and determination will really pay off in the end.

Last edited:

Rainy_TX

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 6, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
It did strike me as a grown-up Twilight type of book but with more "zing". I'll read the rest of your books to see how the story progresses but I must say, the first one was great. Just my opinion of course.

Thank you, thank you! :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.