The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Taking Action, Developing Skills & Making Bank

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

KyleAspiring

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 4, 2014
Mandurah, Western Australia
Hey everyone, i'm new here. Signed up and just made my introduction thread so figured i might as well create a progress thread to get myself dedicated.

So what you will be seeing in this thread:

- Break down on what i've done each day
- How i'm progressing
- Motivation from me taking action and videos i watch for when feeling drained and need that kick

I have a few ideas floating around in my head and i'm really excited to start validating them and getting a few up and running in the near future.
First off, my goal is to build my mindset.
I'm currently reading 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and after that will get on to The Millionaire Fastlane .

Also have the goal to start learning coding. I seen this: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...s-progress-execution-threads.24/create-thread

So just now i've started my first course for HTML and CSS.
Will keep you all up to date on how it goes. As for now, it's time to get working.

My 10:20pm motivation - Not quite related to business, but something that clears my mind and feeling fresh.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:
D

DeletedUser2

before you learn to code.
before you wander down that street,
read up on heathstatus learning to code is stupid thread.

and read some of my posts.
THEN decide if you want to learn a skill that is a commodity that can be bought in the 3rd world for less than 3/hr

Z

KyleAspiring

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 4, 2014
before you learn to code.
before you wander down that street,
read up on heathstatus learning to code is stupid thread.

and read some of my posts.
THEN decide if you want to learn a skill that is a commodity that can be bought in the 3rd world for less than 3/hr

Z
Will check that out right now. Cheers.
I have always wanted to learn coding, even if it is at a some what basic level. So i can at least communicate better with web designers and what not in the future if i decide to outsource that side of my work.

Have started to read a bit of that thread. It is a similar view i used to share, but i've decided to come in to this completely open minded, so will keep reading on to see what i personally feel are the pro's and con's.

So with the making a website from scratch course i have currently completed 21%. I will most likely completely finish the course and then look in to copy writing and coding and see which one i would prefer to spend my time on.

I haven't read to much on copy writing as of yet, so who knows might make a complete 180 tomorrow after some further investigation.

As for now, it's 11:30. Time to get some rest to wake up early tomorrow and get back at it. Might go read for a quick 15-20 minutes.

Current time spent:
1 Hour - Coding Course

Last edited:
D

DeletedUser2

thats not a coding skill
thats a communication skill.

thats learning to architect an idea, map it out, think through it fully.

thats understanding user interface experiences, thats understanding the basics of converting websites, and how graphics play a part in users experience and decisions.
thats more about understanding what path you want a user to experience when using your site, than coding.

when the author of the book, MJ, was starting out, coding was more or less a requirement. because it was expensive, and not yet a commodity. (well, not as much as it is now)
now, you can get whole teams to put together a complex, fully stocked ecomm store in about 2 weeks for 1300 bucks (just paid that much) with graphics and shopping cart, and a couple custom features.

we can build a whole sales funnel for less than 5K (we do ALOT of money through 1 funnel) took 3 weeks

BUT before you go that route, you need to find the need, the pain point in a market, and determine how you can get traffic, THEN you can pick a product to bring to THAT market, FINALLY you can work on conversions, and such.

but learning to code will set you back years before you can even begin to make real money

good luck with that tho..
Z

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
Kyle - that is priceless advice right there. Let other people handle what you can't yet. Focus on creating and building a business that solves a need, rather than creating any kind of extra, unneeded work for yourself.

If you want to learn something, learn how to find needs first, then copywriting.

Last edited:

KyleAspiring

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 4, 2014
This is exactly the reason why i joined this forum. The support is awesome. Cheers to both you of.

Kyle - that is priceless advice right there. Let other people handle what you can't yet. Focus on creating and building a business that solves a need, rather than creating any kind of extra, unneeded work for yourself.

If you want to learn something, learn how to find needs first, then copywriting.

Will shift my focus further over to learning how to find the pain point in a market and using that to create a product that solves the problem.
Already have a few ideas for this.

Thanks a lot guys!

KyleAspiring

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 4, 2014
Alright so this morning i decided that i'm going to just focus on one of my ideas and get the ball rolling so i can build up enough momentum to commit to the idea. Right now my current plan of attack is to focus on a website i made from word press a while back and try and re-launch that with a new purpose behind it.

This morning i contacted someone to create me a landing page with opt-in forms and have them also creating graphics for an e-book i will create.
Now that i have that out of the way i will put my focus on writing up the e-book as well as getting back in to the Facebook game, start promoting my website via its Facebook page and try and start creating a hype behind it.

Time to get working!

KyleAspiring

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 4, 2014
Current daily update. While working on the e-book i had someone create me two articles related to my niche. I will use these to create more interest for my website and have people opt in and give me their emails to help grow my list.
Now to go through the articles and edit them up a bit to make them more appealing and have a sense of comfort, so the readers know that i genuinely care and want to help them.

KyleAspiring

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 4, 2014
I was browsing the forum a bit last night and first off just want to say congrats to likwid24, was awesome to watch on Sharktank. Huge inspiration, can't wait to see what the future holds for you.
I have also found a nice little tip about writing down a to do list and have it set from most important to least.

So here is the list of things to do today, not yet listed from most to least importance.
- Read minimum 100 pages (Current book: 7 Habits of Highly Effective People)
- 1000 words written for the e-book
- Edit already written articles
- Set up 20 future posts for Facebook page/Twitter
- Website design
- Pre-launch content
- Work on larger future project for website

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.