The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Taking A Software Business From $10k To $30k Per Month

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

selfmadebm

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Hi All

With the start of the new year, it's time for a progress thread.

I'll admit I started one last year, but I did it in the INSIDERS forum (accidentally). So, I'd like to close that one and reopen it here, although I was providing monthly updates in that thread.

To catch everyone up on the business, here is everything that happened in 2015. If you take the time to read this article, you will know everything there is to know! It's a month by month break down of everything that happens and provides revenue summaries showing how we climbed from $0 - $10k in our first year.

https://ninjaoutreach.com/one-year-in-saas-business-here-is-what-happened/

The goal is to get to 30k a month by the end of the year, and I will be updating every month or so and answering questions along the way.

Original Posting (INSIDERS) - Taking A SaaS To $10k MRR - https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...g-software-business-from-0k-to-10k-mrr.54811/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
DUDE... THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!
I dont know what you are doing as far as marketing, but you should definitely be showing case studies... maybe in 3 different niches, like someone that used it for social media, another for marketing, and another for health (or whatever)... then you can create campaigns specifically for people that are trying to grown their biz in those niches. Good luck.

Last edited:

selfmadebm

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Thanks, case studies are difficult to come by honestly because they require someone to be successful with the product and to share it with us, so it's a subset of a subset and inevitably ends up being rather small.

We have started to do influencer marketing case studies of our own successes though:

https://ninjaoutreach.com/product-hunt-feature/

relentlessaction

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Dec 18, 2015
Will done on your success. The site and product look great!

What language did you use to program it?

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
Thanks, case studies are difficult to come by honestly because they require someone to be successful with the product and to share it with us, so it's a subset of a subset and inevitably ends up being rather small.

We have started to do influencer marketing case studies of our own successes though:

https://ninjaoutreach.com/product-hunt-feature/

To get case studies, you should pick a couple of early adopters and ask them exactly what they want to achieve with the software, then help them do that while documenting the process. If that means giving them access to extra features or actually reaching out to influencers on their behalf, then you can look at it as an investment in YOUR MARKETING.

Your results can be something simple as a talking about a content marketer that wanted to get more exposure for an article, then used your software to find influencers in the niche. Three of them linked to his article and he got 2K new visitors.

I was thinking of other ways your product could be used, and I thought about FBA private label product owners that need reviews. They could use your app to find blog owners in their niche and offer their readers discounts in exchange for reviews on their newly launched products.

If you cant come up with any ideas, just send an email something like this to your list:

Subject line:
Ninjas Wanted
Body:
Hey John,
Thanks for being such a ninja.
We really appreciate you being a part of our little tribe.
The reason Im reaching out to you today is to ask a small favor.
We are trying to get a better understanding of some of the cool things users are doing with Ninja Outreach so we can create a couple of case studies.
Additionally, if there is something you have been trying to do, but are having a problem, then we would like to know how we can help you succeed.
If this sounds like something you're interested in, just hit reply to this email and drop us a few lines.
On the other hand, if this doesn't interest you -- no worries -- we still wish you the awesomest of awesome days!!

Talk soon,
Self Made

selfmadebm

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
To get case studies, you should pick a couple of early adopters and ask them exactly what they want to achieve with the software, then help them do that while documenting the process. If that means giving them access to extra features or actually reaching out to influencers on their behalf, then you can look at it as an investment in YOUR MARKETING.

Your results can be something simple as a talking about a content marketer that wanted to get more exposure for an article, then used your software to find influencers in the niche. Three of them linked to his article and he got 2K new visitors.

I was thinking of other ways your product could be used, and I thought about FBA private label product owners that need reviews. They could use your app to find blog owners in their niche and offer their readers discounts in exchange for reviews on their newly launched products.

If you cant come up with any ideas, just send an email something like this to your list:

Subject line:
Ninjas Wanted
Body:
Hey John,
Thanks for being such a ninja.
We really appreciate you being a part of our little tribe.
The reason Im reaching out to you today is to ask a small favor.
We are trying to get a better understanding of some of the cool things users are doing with Ninja Outreach so we can create a couple of case studies.
Additionally, if there is something you have been trying to do, but are having a problem, then we would like to know how we can help you succeed.
If this sounds like something you're interested in, just hit reply to this email and drop us a few lines.
On the other hand, if this doesn't interest you -- no worries -- we still wish you the awesomest of awesome days!!

Talk soon,
Self Made

"Three of them linked to his article and he got 2K new visitors."

Unfortunately influencer marketing rarely turns out like this. it's more of a long process of growth often over months. That is also what makes case studies difficult, because you can't really hold someone's hand for weeks or months at a time. Content marketing and influencer marketing are long ball marketing strategies.

Case studies are great and without a doubt we would love to have more and I do agree we should work hard to get them, however they truly are a ton of work if what you do is actually choose a few customers and work with them hands on. It's a huge commitment.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.