The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Successful - now what?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Read Fastlane book and it will answer your questions, I say sell the website, invest in some other companies hotels, real estate, invest in projects etc. do homework first before investing dont want to end up with nothing in return

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MarkLucas

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 21, 2011
Yes, my business was on affiliate marketing, that's why I could never sell it (even tough I wanted to).
The investment part I'm taking care of, if I can withdraw 3-4% yearly I can live comfortably! :)
Now I just want to do what I like

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I would recommend getting a $600-per-year membership at the Elevation Group (www.theelevationgroup.net). He goes into detail on how to invest that level of wealth, as he is a multiple 7-figure earner himself. Small price to pay for the information provided, to say the least... especially if you have the money to actually make shit happen with that information.

I've heard of the Elevation Group...but I thought it was a scam. I don't have the kind of money I need to focus on investing yet, but I'm interested in hearing more about your experience with the Elevation Group.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
congratulations. btw, don't live in europe, it's expensive. live somewhere very cheap, but build and make sure you have access to europe/US, if you need to visit, you can visit.

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
I've heard of the Elevation Group...but I thought it was a scam. I don't have the kind of money I need to focus on investing yet, but I'm interested in hearing more about your experience with the Elevation Group.

Is the elevation group a scam ? or is it really something legit that teaches you good stuff ?

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Don't join any of those scam groups, $600 a year, seriously? If you have $30m with them Chase will put you in a nice group and you don't have to pay.

Just invest the money in something your comfortable in, its not rocket science so don't make it. A lot of scam artists will wiggle out of the mud and try to get a bit off you, so beware. If you want to concentrate on something else and live on a good income I would recommend bonds and blue chip dividend paying stocks. Maybe with a bit of real estate mixed in their. Consult your accountant and attorney for good money mangers in your area that may help you.

Most of the guys I know that do this have old family money and its tied up in trusts with managers, they just get a check once a month. Most have never worked a day in their lives, unless they wanted to.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Just invest the money in something your comfortable in, its not rocket science so don't make it. A lot of scam artists will wiggle out of the mud and try to get a bit off you, so beware.

Agree. Don't ever let anyone tell you what to do with your money. You need to study Finance and pick your own investments. Don't relinquish control to anybody. It's not hard, go buy a few books and do some online research and get familiar with the game.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
A tip from a guy who has read far too many failure stories: Investing is a whole different ball game. Just because you made $5 million from affiliate marketing does not mean you are a smart guy. It doesn't mean you're good with money, either. It doesn't mean that you will be a great investor, or businessman, or any of that. All it means is that you're good at affiliate marketing in your chosen niche.

If you take the investing route, be prepared to learn about basic finance, how to read 10K's and 10Q's, what investments do and what options do. If you take the business route, be prepared to learn about a whole shitload of stuff. We don't want to see you broke, so don't squander your fortune in bad business deals, schemes and shitty investments.

Rain

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Apr 5, 2011
I think the Elevation Group is a worthy investment, if only for a single year.

$600 is a small fee to pay for the information and contacts they provide. College can cost $60,000 and still leave you less enlightened.

damien275x

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 18, 2011
Gold and other investments that generate cash. 200,00 a month isnt that much if you start to live bigger... at the time it always feels like all the money in the world but truth is you'll always want more. :p Work out what you want then go and get it.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
How does gold generate income?

You say 200K isn't that much when you start to live bigger.

How much do you make a month?

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

Gold can generate income if its a mining company or if a financial instrument is "backed" by gold.

Or if you buy some options if you can relatively predict where supply and demand will go.

damien275x

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 18, 2011
Only about 17,000. But as your income level rises you start to do things you would ususally do weekly, monthly.. daily. For example I never cook anything, I always get everything delivered and cooked for me. I never used to do that. So now I spend my old entire salary on just eating. I also know people who earn way more than I do and they still have the same problem, it's called lifestyle inflation. It's very easy for somebody with only $100 in their pocket to look at average jo on 50k and think wow, he's rolling in it. It's all relative.

Gold does not generate income, it preserves value. If you hold paper it's not going to retain value over a period of 10, 20, 50 years. What I meant to say was hold gold as your reserves and invest the rest into vehicles that produce income. One should never have anything but what they are going to spend the next day in the bank!

MarkLucas

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 21, 2011
To be honest, I have a mindset of not trying to get always more.. Otherwise, I would be always unsatisfied..
After you get big money, you start to rethink what's important for you..
I always considered that I needed to get enough money to be financially independent, and not depend on any job.. So that's what I achieved.
I don't need to own a private jet or anything like that.
I just want to do the things I like without worrying about working 9-5! :)

futhey

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 18, 2012
I spend my winters (November-March) in Brazil, and having just gotten back from South America, I will say if you can survive in Brazil you can afford to survive just about anywhere!

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
it doesn't..unless you put it at risk. You can lease your gold out and generate a small return but that kind of defeats the purpose of buying it.

It's anti-risk. There's no counterparty.

xtracrispy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 6, 2012
Personally, I don't think it's enough money. Considering how young you are, you'll probably need $10 million to "retire" comfortably.
My advice is, you should sell your site and start investing (like MJ)! It's not that hard, but the key point is, you need to know what kind of a trader you are. Don't trade like the average buy-and-holder. You should trade long term, 10 year trends, which are much easier to identify than 2 year market movements. E.g. commodities are in a long term, secular bull market, and from a timeframe point of view, the bull market should end around 2017.

Just my 2 cents.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
Personally, I don't think it's enough money. Considering how young you are, you'll probably need $10 million to "retire" comfortably.
My advice is, you should sell your site and start investing (like MJ)! It's not that hard, but the key point is, you need to know what kind of a trader you are. Don't trade like the average buy-and-holder. You should trade long term, 10 year trends, which are much easier to identify than 2 year market movements. E.g. commodities are in a long term, secular bull market, and from a timeframe point of view, the bull market should end around 2017.

Just my 2 cents.

Good stuff you said Personally. He is in a different country, the buying power of USD for now goes much much more!

MarkLucas

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 21, 2011
Yeah, I honestly think that a $200k yearly income is good enough for me to live comfortably..
that's using the 4% rule (I know it's not 100% correct, but I find it pretty conservative).
The amount would increase yearly to compensate for inflation.. seems good! :)

bell12

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 29, 2011

Just my 2 cents.

LOL @ 5 million not being enough to retire comfortably at any age. It all depends on what you consider comfortable and how smart you are with the money. 5 million is more then enough if you know what to do with it, hell even 2 million you can retire comfortably if you are a smart person. 5 million though, man people retire with much less then that, at an old age yes. But even if you were making a minimum of 60K per year on that 5 million you are still living well with time to do whatever you want. I agree with your longterm trading on commodities though.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
This is exactly right. It boggles the mind when entrepreneurs just casually talk about being investors/traders. It is a totally separate business requiring the right skills/education/mindset. Something that can be much different than running whatever business.

Investing/venture capital is a art and science in and of itself that requires the proper knowledge, skillset, and mindset. If you can put significant money to work and average a 15% return annually you'd be an investment god in most circles.

I've seen several entrepreneurs worth 7-8 figures lose most of it being 'an investor' after they sold their wealth creating business. Stick to what you know. Unless you want to dedicate yourself to learn a whole new craft.

You could hire a writer if needed and write a book on your experience. You must have general affiliate marketing skills you could apply to another vertical.

You only go round once and life can go by real fast or be very short, good for you pursuing your dreams and passions!

A tip from a guy who has read far too many failure stories: Investing is a whole different ball game. Just because you made $5 million from affiliate marketing does not mean you are a smart guy. It doesn't mean you're good with money, either. It doesn't mean that you will be a great investor, or businessman, or any of that. All it means is that you're good at affiliate marketing in your chosen niche.

If you take the investing route, be prepared to learn about basic finance, how to read 10K's and 10Q's, what investments do and what options do. If you take the business route, be prepared to learn about a whole shitload of stuff. We don't want to see you broke, so don't squander your fortune in bad business deals, schemes and shitty investments.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.