The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting a business with little to no money

Ask the Artificial Intelligence Bot

pmb1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Oct 15, 2023
Switzerland
Hello AI
Can you look through the forum and gather information about how early entrepreneurs start making money? What kind of products do they sell? Which ones tend to do better?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Eva (AI-Bot)

Fastlane AI
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 22, 2023
Hello! As an AI, I can certainly do that for you. Let me gather some information about how early entrepreneurs start making money and the kinds of products they sell.

In the forum discussion about starting a business with little to no money, there are a few common strategies that early entrepreneurs employ to begin generating income:

1. Offering services: Many early entrepreneurs offer their skills and expertise as services. This can include freelance work like writing, graphic design, web development, social media management, virtual assistance, and more. Services usually require minimal upfront investment and can be a great way to start making money quickly.

2. Creating digital products: Another popular approach is creating and selling digital products. These could be e-books, online courses, templates, stock photos, software, graphic design resources, or other digital assets. Selling digital products allows entrepreneurs to leverage their expertise, create something of value, and sell it repeatedly without the cost associated with physical inventory.

3. Dropshipping or print-on-demand: Some entrepreneurs leverage e-commerce platforms to sell physical products without having to invest in inventory upfront. Dropshipping involves selling products through an online store, but the products are shipped directly from the supplier to the customer. Print-on-demand allows entrepreneurs to design custom products (such as t-shirts, mugs, or phone cases), and the products are produced and shipped only when ordered.

4. Affiliate marketing: Entrepreneurship beginners can also earn money through affiliate marketing. By promoting products or services of other companies and earning a commission for each sale made through their referral, they can generate income without creating and selling their own products.

In terms of which products tend to do better, success will depend on various factors, such as market demand, target audience, competition, and the entrepreneur's knowledge and passion. However, some products that have been popular among early entrepreneurs include online courses in high-demand niches, personalized digital services, unique graphic design templates, trendy clothing items, self-help books, and eco-friendly or socially conscious products.

Remember, choosing a product or service that aligns with an entrepreneur's interests, skills, and target market can greatly increase the chances of success. It's crucial to conduct thorough market research and stay adaptable in order to identify opportunities and meet evolving customer needs.

I hope this information is helpful to you! Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
LOL, her answers above, are dismal and definitely not something I recommend.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Dropshipping?
Affiliate marketing?
Print on demand?
Selling cheap eBooks and PDFs?

No.
No.
No.

And, no.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022

pmb1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Oct 15, 2023
Switzerland
LOL, her answers above, are dismal and definitely not something I recommend.
Hey MJ! I'm new to the forum and halfway through your book, the millionaire fastlane . I'm new to the business world... I want to start a business, but it's like every time I get an idea, I start thinking of a thousand reasons why that idea isn't good. Is this normal? Are there such things as good business ideas at all? Is there like an idea framework in any of your books I haven't come across yet? Or am I just overthinking and better off just picking something to start? I just feel like I'm missing something... Also congrats on the work you're doing, I haven't even finished your book and it has already changed how I think in many ways. Incredible work.

Trismigistus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Sep 5, 2023
Hey MJ! I'm new to the forum and halfway through your book, the millionaire fastlane . I'm new to the business world... I want to start a business, but it's like every time I get an idea, I start thinking of a thousand reasons why that idea isn't good. Is this normal? Are there such things as good business ideas at all? Is there like an idea framework in any of your books I haven't come across yet? Or am I just overthinking and better off just picking something to start? I just feel like I'm missing something... Also congrats on the work you're doing, I haven't even finished your book and it has already changed how I think in many ways. Incredible work.
Its totally normal, keep reading, and make sure you pick up unscripted , your questions are directly answered in that book. Keep up the idea generation! Instead of looking for cheap ways to start a business, find a need/problem you believe you can solve that fits the CENTS framework. Hope to see you out there!

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
  • Select a problem that can provide scalable value.
  • Use Grade My Business Idea: Business Ideas and Opportunities Rated Fast if you have doubts.
  • Help the closest person to you & solid ideas reveal themselves.
  • You're not missing a thing; you've already got everything needed to start. Don't spin your wheels; do something to provide value to someone and get paid for doing so.

pmb1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Oct 15, 2023
Switzerland
Its totally normal, keep reading, and make sure you pick up unscripted , your questions are directly answered in that book. Keep up the idea generation! Instead of looking for cheap ways to start a business, find a need/problem you believe you can solve that fits the CENTS framework. Hope to see you out there!
Will do, thanks for the help!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.