The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Some advice I received today

bbrrookie

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Oct 12, 2014
Miami, FL
Hey guys,

I just attended a conference with speaker George Logothetis. He is the founder of the Libra Group and one of Fortunes "40 under 40" this year. You can find more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Logothetis

I took a few notes and wanted to share what his thoughts were. Spoiler alert***: its a lot of the stuff mentioned here.

1) Ambition... in order to become a successful entrepreneur, you need to have ambition (and lots of it)
2) Fight and grow a company because of your belief, not for fame and fortune. If you do it for the latter, you will end up being disappointed
3) Responsibility is a conduit to maturity
4) Moral authority is the MOST important form of authority in your life
5) FEAR is an asset you can use, but you need to hone it and not let it overwhelm you
6) You may not have capital in the form of money, but you have "brain" capital, "ambition" capital, "reputation" capital...be creative and get the capital you need. He did it when he was dead broke.
7) Every crisis is also an opportunity
8) Open your eyes & take action...don't ask so many questions
9) Over informing yourself will dilute your ideas
10) Discipline/Daily Routines
- Exercise
- Eat healthy
- Email discipline (every night he turns off his email and does not turn it on until after breakfast the next day) he uses that down time to be with his family and relax his mind for a few hours)
- Every 5 years he takes 3 months off (no phone/email) to spend resting, traveling, and learning with his family...this past year he spent 30 days in Greece and 30 days getting lectured and taught by innovators and professors in fields ranging from The human genome to ancient history
11) Humans are all motivated by the same drive...nothing has changed. Now in days the only difference is that we are more refined.
12) #1 skill he wants people who work for him to have: MAKE SOMETHING FROM NOTHING
13) ALWAYS partly think that everything WILL NOT be okay (it keeps you from being complacent)
13) You can either complain about it OR you can contribute and make a difference...your choice

It was an awesome experience and the FIRST time in my life I have seen someone with such success in person. This was more motivation for me. Still nothing yet that I have come up with for a business, but Im being patient!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Thanks for posting your notes. Very impressive guy and company.

http://fortune.com/40-under-40/george-logothetis-31/

"He remembers standing in line at a New York Starbucks while Lehman was collapsing, reading headlines about the markets tanking, and thinking, “this is the opportunity of a lifetime.” No kidding."

:cigar:

Last edited:

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
396%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
Great lessons @bbrrookie - thanks for sharing!

Currently trying to learn how to find a balance here...

12) #1 skill he wants people who work for him to have: MAKE SOMETHING FROM NOTHING

This. Unbelievably powerful skill. I don't know if you are familiar with this - https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...s-how-to-create-something-from-nothing.47966/

This was more motivation for me.

Conserve this feeling for moments of self doubt!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kreedos Phoenix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Nov 30, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
4) Moral authority is the MOST important form of authority in your life
-All The Right Things, For All The Right Reasons, All The Time!

5) FEAR is an asset you can use, but you need to hone it and not let it overwhelm you
-Good point here, Fear can also lead to doubt and failure...its a coin toss and takes a disciplined, battle tested mind to endure. Self confidence wins.

-Mastery is the business

10) Discipline/Daily Routines
-Love the email tip!

Appreciate you providing these notes. Its never a bad thing to get ones perspective on his journey to success and growth.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just read it, great lessons, warrants a bump.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.