The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SoCal Code Camp this weekend (June 23-24)

somniloquist

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jun 8, 2012
Los Angeles
I noticed there's a few threads here about learning to program. Well, there is a free event this weekend to get introduced to new technologies. It's sponsored by Microsoft and will have a bunch of workshops on emerging technology. Lots of mobile and web.

It's also a good event to meet (hire?) programmers if that's something you want to do.

SoCal Code Camp

I'll be speaking on a BigData panel on Saturday evening with CTOs and CIOs from:
* Panda Restaurant Group (Panda Express),
* Microsoft,
* Paypal, and
* ProvideCommerce
* Me (the only one not affiliated with a big company, :D)

feel free to come by and say hi, or tune in to the event on line or on twitter.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
I'm all the way in the Midwest, but curious about what your talk on BigData will be about.

somniloquist

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jun 8, 2012
Los Angeles
will be about

It will be a panel of industry experts sharing with the audience (live and on twitter) where we see the field headed.

Here's the direct link:
SoCal Code Camp (Session)

"
The amount of data in our world has been exploding, and analyzing large data sets—so-called big data—will become a key basis of competition, underpinning new waves of productivity growth, innovation, and consumer surplus. Leaders in every sector will have to grapple with the implications of big data, not just a few data-oriented managers. The increasing volume and detail of information captured by enterprises, the rise of multimedia, social media, and the internet will fuel exponential growth in data for the foreseeable future.
In this panel driven event, we will discuss innovation, competition and productivity in harnessing the enormous potential of Big Data.
"

I don't know the hashtags yet, but we'll be doing live Q&A on Twitter as well as broadcasting live video. I'll post on this thread again when I have those details :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.