The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Site Launched! VocalPower.net

Chaseb731

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 8, 2011
Hey Everyone! Please Check out Vocal Power if you are looking to learn how to sing or if you are looking to improve your singing skills! Run by myself and my partner, Johnny Contardo of Sha Na Na and head singer in the Movie GREASE!!!

Also if you could share on your social media pages that'd be great!!!

Best Regards,

Chase

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TK1

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 31, 2011
Hey Everyone! Please Check out Vocal Powerhead singer in the Movie GREASE!!!

I think pointing this crazy fact out bold and everywhere around your site would do a lot for your business...i mean...head singer movie grease...nice....build the site completely like its him talking to me, like he (= star from grease) will help me sing (= become a star too...maybe)

Chaseb731

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 8, 2011
Thanks guys! Do you think lowering the price to 27 dollars a month would be more affordable?

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
Thanks guys! Do you think lowering the price to 27 dollars a month would be more affordable?

Test between 27, 47, 77.
I noticed these 3 you can get varied results, sometimes 77 just converts so much more because of perceived value. Then sometimes 27 will kill it because it's like a lunch to a family.

Chaseb731

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 8, 2011
I'm testing 27 now, then I'll be pushing it to 47.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
Cool, good luck. Saw this on that other forum as well, I'm Celestino over there. Looks like an awesome project!

Chaseb731

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 8, 2011
Nice! Thanks pal :)

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
My grandmother used to watch Sha na na religiously and guess who had to watch it with her whenever I had to stay with her. Yep Me. That song haunts me till this day. Sha na na na, na na na na bow do

Chaseb731

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 8, 2011
LOL, I'll pass on the kind words to Johnny. Lowered the price to 27, instantly saw a skyrocket in sales.

Chaseb731

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 8, 2011
Got it! Thanks :)

Updates:

1) We're consistently gaining users, kept the price at 27 which seems to be working better (about a 2.5% conversion rate right now).

2) I'm finalizing the system we are using to getting a lesson uploaded (I have it down to about 1 hour per week).

3) We are brainstorming new marketing ideas, so stay tuned.

4) I've been rocking the SEO and have almost fully automated it (spending about 1/2 hour per week instead of 9-10 hours).

If you guys have any questions, please let me know!

JaySoriano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 10, 2012
What's your thought on, are the best singers born or made?

LamboMP

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Aug 13, 2007
Toronto
I goto your website and have NO IDEA what it does. So I click away. You need to let your audience know what it is your doing, in 1-2 sentences MAX.

kraze

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Aug 1, 2011
Nice concept but the homepage could be much better. I would:

-create a stronger, more visible call to action
-get rid of the blue filler slides

What about individuals like me who have no idea who Johnny is? Simply writing his name on a banner isn't going to convince me to sign-up. You could create a video montage of his work, a mini informercial promoting the site, a caricature of johnny with a catchy tag line...anything that'll make me say "wow, that's pretty cool".

Also in terms of marketing, you could try something a bit unorthodox. After searching his name on youtube, I noticed quite a few videos in excess of 30k views, so you could try either asking or paying the owners of those videos to place your link in their description.

2KidsinUT

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 2, 2012
Utah
Very nice website. I thought your message was clear. I recognized Johnny from Grease. My dad got a kick out of it, told us all about Sha na na from way back in the day when he was a kid.

skipper

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Aug 10, 2012
My 2cents:
- if I did not read here what the site provides, i would not know by landing on the homepage
- there is a broader need: to speak with nicer voice (see book: set your voice free)

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
yeah that landing page gives me absolutely no idea what you're offering, I want to know and I want to know fast or I'd lose interest and leave.

2KidsinUT

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 2, 2012
Utah
I'm not trying to be too critical, but I'm having a hard time understanding the last few comments. What's not clear on just the home page alone? I mean, besides the name "VocalPower" you have:

Taught by Johnny Contardo from the movie Grease

Success Videos - One day you'll see yourself on this page of successful students! Read more

Behind the Mask - Meet Johnny Contardo... and see why he can make you the best! Read more

Membership Options - Watch the video and read about what VocalPower can do for you! Read more

Home, Student Access, Enroll Now, Meet Johnny, Videos

...and a lot of white space so that everything is easy to see and read. Isn't it clear that the website has something to do with singing lessons or something of that nature? And if it is something that actually interests a site visitor, isn't there enough information on the home page to direct that person to other pages with more information? It seems to me that if someone can't make heads or tails about an easy to read homepage, how can they possibly get anything out of a website designed like singingsuccess.com?

Just asking questions. Just seeking to understand.

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
No where on your front page does it say what you do, it's just comes across as a bunch of random product points without any central focus, if I came onto your site and said "what is this about?" I wouldn't have a clue, something about vocals I could gather, that's about it on 1st impressions.

Chaseb731

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 8, 2011
I'm going to go ahead and make some changes

Chaseb731

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 8, 2011
Alright, I think I made it very clear now :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.