The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Setting up an Affiliate Marketing Program for your Physical Products?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Johnathan Ta

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 14, 2012
Hey INSIDERS,

I wanted to know if any of you E-Commerce individuals have ever had experience with setting up Affiliate Marketing Programs for your products.

I've used the search function, but nothing on the forum has really given me a clear answer.
I'm literally clueless to how to set up an affiliate marketing program - but I am aware of what AF is.

Basically what I'm asking,

- Where should I go to create an "Affiliate Offer" for my products. This question is vague, but any resource / info websites you could recommend on the subject is appreciated.

- Have any of you utilized AF and found it increased sales?

- Websites like CoolMaterial.com and ArtOfManliness - how do these websites operate? To me, they look to be websites that are a combination of providing value posts (with integrated affiliate marketing) and dropshipping for niche products.

- My products fall into the Men's Tacticool Accessories niche. Would love to figure out how to set up programs and attract the likes of the mentioned websites.

Ebay and Amazon are fine and dandy, but I believe true fastlane exists on your own domain, and your own marketing strategies. I have some really solid products that I think the use of AF can make into a huge success.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
I'm also looking at setting up an affiliate program. Look for an "affilates" link in the footer of your competition's websites or sites with a similar operating model for ideas.

Shareasale looks to be the leader and highest praised but I'd love to hear other peoples feedback.

ShareASale

Berto

Driving a Plow Truck
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
May 19, 2013
Austin, TX
Look for an "affilates" link in the footer of your competition's websites or sites with a similar operating model for ideas.

Shareasale looks to be the leader and highest praised but I'd love to hear other peoples feedback.

ShareASale

This. See what your competition is doing, and beat them by a few percentage points (or in some other value-added way).

But first, find your potential affiliates. Look at the backlink profile of your competitors and see if anyone who links to them would be interested in linking to you instead (or alongside if it's "cooperative competition").

If their links are affiliate links, tell them about your affiliate program being better. If they're linking to your competition without affiliate links, I'd just consider offering them a one-time payment to change that link to your site.

An SEO VA with access to Ahrefs should be able to do that. Flat out ask them.

Then also look for any related Twitter / Facebook personalities to see if they'd be interested. Sounds like you could get creative here... any "manly man" kind of page/account/dude might work.

Then look at joining a big affiliate program exchange. Here's the bigger ones, in the order of those that I enjoy working with from the Affiliate end:

- CJ.com
- Shareasale.com
- Linkshare.com
- PepperJam.com

Each will take a cut, so do your homework. As for integrating... probably gonna need a coder.

PM me when it's up. Sounds like fun stuff to put on my site which is mostly males but not in your niche.

joschi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Sep 12, 2012
Berlin
Right now i am experimenting with the WPMUDEV solution for wordpress, but that seems not to be the right way to do it... might be okey for some other WP plugins from them.

If you use Woocomerce you could use Affiliates Pro for WooCommerce

with kind regards
Patrick

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
If you use Woocomerce you could use Affiliates Pro for WooCommerce

EXACTLY what i am looking for. Has this plugin worked for you?

This week, I'm starting to call companies that complement my product area: in this case, they would sell high end espresso equipment, etc.

I want to offer them $$ for sending out my email template to their list of customers. The idea being, for every customer of theirs that subscribes to my monthly coffee offer, and stays for a month, I'll pay them $100.

These are not real affiliates - but i want to turn them into my affiliates.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.