The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Seed $$$$?

chrischapman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 3, 2014
Sydney, Australia
what is your business idea? you're being confusing hahaha

But i really dont know how to go into much more detail than that.

do you really not know how or don't you want to tell lest someone steal your idea?

please be clear about your idea because i think most people here probably think you don't know what you're talking about and im beginning to think the same...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Noxtus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jul 27, 2014
dont know how to go into more detail without crossing my boundaries of discretion. I'm not sure what else there is to understand though, my company uses market analysts to make educated estimations on certain investments in certain markets that will provide a large ROI percentage within a maximum time frame. obviously there is a little more depth than that but thats essentially it. I at first thought it was too simple as well.

chrischapman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 3, 2014
Sydney, Australia
boundaries of discretion? your idea is so vague that it spans multiple industries.

to me it sounds like you are starting some sort of investment bank. or, you seem like you are just some person who wants to hire smart investors to invest your money for you - problem is you don't have any money to invest with.

are you just providing "educated estimations" (analysis, estimates or financial advice) which is to say you are providing market analysis to other investors or will you be using the information to get an ROI on your own money? are you going to be using the "estimations" to increase your clients' wealth instead?

if you are starting an investment business, whose money are you going to be investing? why a maximum timeframe, shorter is ideal?

you sound like someone who is discovering the idea of investment banking by himself and has no idea that the industry exists already.

if you are sure that this is not what you are doing, then please elaborate because i feel like ive just wasted my time telling some kid that his business idea is not revolutionary at all, has competition in the form of Goldman Sachs, Nomura investment house, JP Morgan etc. etc. etc. and insert 1000 other existing banks. cmon mate...

Noxtus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jul 27, 2014
no thats not what im doing man. however that is the extent of the details im willing to post publicly. That is more than enough information to give advice on how to raise money for my company. I never stated my idea was revolutionary at all. Its simplicity is what appeals to me. But like i said that is only the foundation for capital generation. After a certain time period i will begin to expand into other industries which is the part im really excited about.

PeeVee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Dec 17, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Agreed with all your points. However, in defense of the boss, you can now buy an off the shelf, preconfigured web site for peanuts vs. having to code one back in his "day."

But your point is still valid.

Here's a catched version of Limos.com from August 16, 2000 :

http://web.archive.org/web/20000816185952/http://www.limos.com/

And earlier version from June of the same year :

http://web.archive.org/web/20000620181938/http://limos.com/

He sold it for millions

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
broke guy looking for an investment to start an investment advisory company. sounds like a fastlane in the making. not.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
broke guy looking for an investment to start an investment advisory company. sounds like a fastlane in the making. not.

And the "ROI" he speaks of is all contingent on him being able to invest the money well hahahaha

Why would they invest money in you to invest when they could just invest it themselves? They have far more experience and if it is a big firm they will have a crazy amount of leverage...

Noxtus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jul 27, 2014
What about that made you think it was an investment advisory company? Please dont make assumptions and then make me sound foolish.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
What about that made you think it was an investment advisory company?

My company uses skilled analysts to make investments

Not sure....just made it up....

and then make me sound foolish.

Please don't think that you sound foolish because of the investment advisory company...it's because you don't even have the decency or patience to use proper capitalization, punctuation, or sentence structure but then expect a wealth of advice in return. To top it all off you have shot down practically every idea that has been given to you...there is no possible chance that none of the aforementioned methods of earning cash are available to you. Maybe you have to work your a$$ off for a few months and save up like crazy, but if you are so confident in your idea and its ability to bring you success, then shouldn't this be an easy decision?

Last edited:

chrischapman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 3, 2014
Sydney, Australia
My assumption is not that you are starting an investment advisory company.
No, I assume you are much less adroit at business ownership and investing than you make out to be.

My assumption:

1) you are getting your investment advice from someone else. "skilled analysts"

2) you are getting your investment funds from someone else. "Seed $$$$?"

It seems to me that you are trying to outsource every single part of the investment process, that is get money + invest wisely = handsome ROI

You literally have no service and are providing no value. You are borrowing money which means you are consuming. You are buying investment advice, which means you are consuming.

Every part of your business sounds to me like it is not really a business. You sound like a simple consumer, borrowing money and paying someone to invest borrowed money.

You have neither the funds nor the expertise with which to invest those funds and clearly no other skills or life experience which will aid you in your venture.

Please dont make...me sound foolish.

You have made yourself sound foolish.

The only way for your plan to work is by borrowing at a very low rate or attaining excellent investment advice beyond the norm or both. As the title of this post makes clear, you cannot fulfill the former objective and it seems you are planning to outsource willy nilly the latter.

Unless there is a significant piece of the puzzle you have left out which would see us corrected, I think you are being foolish about this.

Maybe you have to work your a$$ off for a few months and save up like crazy, but if you are so confident in your idea and its ability to bring you success, then shouldn't this be an easy decision?

I agree. If all you need is the money, then save up. Work hard. If you are 20 years old and have no competitors (as you have said) then you have a fair amount of time before opportunity dries up. Get the funds first and foremost.

Prove you method by investing your own cash, then attract investors. Any other shortcut is either unavailable or leaves you vulnerable to your own mistakes and investment indiscretions.

Noxtus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jul 27, 2014
Right so this is no longer a source of information anymore just a headache. you dont know anything about my business or my operations. Im 20, dropped out of high school and have an astounding grasp on business so please do not patronize me. This thread is done.

chrischapman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 3, 2014
Sydney, Australia
If all you need is the money, then save up. Work hard. If you are 20 years old and have no competitors (as you have said) then you have a fair amount of time before opportunity dries up. Get the funds first and foremost.
this is the information. you asked for seed money ideas, this is my best recommendation.

i hope you achieve your dreams and become wildly successful paying other people to invest other people's money :)

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
Maybe you have to work your a$$ off for a few months and save up like crazy, but if you are so confident in your idea and its ability to bring you success, then shouldn't this be an easy decision?

Agreed 100%. I think that having a job and doing literally whatever it takes in order to get the capital will show volumes in your work ethic and your determination. If someone came to me and asked for an investment, especially someone who is just starting out, one of the first questions I would ask is what they have done so far to try to earn capital, and if working at a job wasn't on that list (especially if they where 20 years old with zero capital), it would be a huge red flag. Because if you aren't willing to work at a job, even if it is minimum wage, than you obviously don't want this bad enough.

Get a job as a waiter and make a good amount of cash, or try flipping items on craigslist, mow lawns, clean pool filters...etc. do whatever it takes. I am 20 and so I get it- working sucks, but if you need the cash bad enough you will get over your BS "Allergy to jobs" and just get it done. If you aren't willing to do that, than you don't want to succeed bad enough.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Im 20, dropped out of high school and have an astounding grasp on business

When do you decide to prove this? So far you have shown zero business knowledge

Right so this is no longer a source of information anymore just a headache

Because you refuse to listen to what we are saying. You are stubborn about how to get the money and want us to spoon feed you ideas tailored to your situation, which you ironically fail to share with us. There is a long list of possible ideas for you to make money, so get off your a$$ and prove us all wrong.

It's apparent you have some profound business experience and knowledge that we all don't see. So if you are so much smarter and your path to success is paved then why are you here? We gave you the right suggestions but you just refuse to accept that you will need hard work to get there.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Ya I'm double posting, sue me...

20, astounding grasp on business, comes to a public forum to ask how to get $50,000, bashes people who are worth more than $50k trying to help you...

You wanna know how to get $50,000? A Plum card. That's how. Oh, wait, no credit history and very little money to your name, high school dropout...

'Astounding grasp on business' kinda sounds like 'sold ecstasy to a couple of 14 year old girls and used that money to buy a beater'

We're wasting YOUR time? You're wasting OUR time.

Get the F*ck outta here.

z6Evolved

[Danger Zone]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Jun 25, 2014
VAB
Just because I have no experience or formal education and refuse to explain my business idea doesn't mean that I'm just making shit up as I go along and hoping I can figure it all out once I have the funding. I mean, once I have the money the rest will all fall into place, right?

You guys just don't understand real business.

G

GuestUser113

Just because I have no experience or formal education and refuse to explain my business idea doesn't mean that I'm just making shit up as I go along and hoping I can figure it all out once I have the funding. I mean, once I have the money the rest will all fall into place, right?

You guys just don't understand real business.

Is this real life? Dammit, I am good at playing monopoly. It is the same right?

z6Evolved

[Danger Zone]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Jun 25, 2014
VAB
I almost wish this kid had said he needed $50k to start a business that "promotes synergy and enables empowerment of blue-sky ideas in the new business dynamic."

If you don't have a product or service at least sound important. I learned that from 30Rock.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Last posts were an amusing morning read :mooned:

G

GuestUser113

Last posts were an amusing morning read :mooned:

rickroll.gif

;)

Stanley Mala

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 27, 2013
Sweden
t does make money though i promise
Hi I'm Chis Hansen with dateline NBC, please have a seat over there :tiphat: Jokes aside, it does sound like one of these guys.
2:53!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

chrischapman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 3, 2014
Sydney, Australia
@Noxtus if you
have an astounding grasp on business
then what business success have you had? I would generally assume that one's competency (or grasp) in their respective field can be rightly measured by achivement in that said field (business).

I would hate to continue with the assumption in my mind that you, in reality, have a less than an
astounding
grasp on business.

I like to think the best of others. I thus hope that this thread which has turned on you with so much fervor is not reflective of your actual business aptitude. I urge you to put all of us and our jeering of you in the proper place, if you can.

What business success have you had?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.