The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Project Amazon- My eBook Journey

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
G

GuestUser116

I'm going to do some facebook advertising. What groups/pages to target?

G

GuestUser116

Sales count update:
1. Athletic Body in 90 Days with Weights- 1 (???)
2. Athletic Body in 90 Days with Calisthenics- 15 (and first customer review)
3. From 0 to 30 Pull Ups- 4

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

GuestUser116

Considering making a different language version of my best selling book; anyone have experience with this?

krnekdo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 29, 2014
You should target people who like Mcdonalds, Burger King and similar as they probably don't have an athletic body and probably want one ;)

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
Sales count update:
1. Athletic Body in 90 Days with Weights- 1
2. Athletic Body in 90 Days with Calisthenics- 21
3. From 0 to 30 Pull Ups- 6

Something is wrong with book #1, it only sold 1. I'm changing it up and re publishing.
I just posted my progress thread, which has to do with eBooks. I was wondering what software you used to create your eBooks with, and how long did it take for you to publish it on Amazon?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Sales count update:
1. Athletic Body in 90 Days with Weights- 1
2. Athletic Body in 90 Days with Calisthenics- 21
3. From 0 to 30 Pull Ups- 6

Something is wrong with book #1, it only sold 1. I'm changing it up and re publishing.
Athletic Body in 90 Days with "Free" Weights ??

G

GuestUser116

I didn't make my point clearly. I was suggesting adding the word "Free" without the quotes to the title.
Did you try using the cover style of the Calisthenics book? It seems to be selling better.
I did try that, if anything it brought more confusion. I'm modifying the eBook and re publishing it.

G

GuestUser116

Idk which sub niche will have buyers, making it less specific will pull more buyers.

G

GuestUser116

Alright, "Athletic Body in 90 Days- Get a body that turns heads. A guide for the average American"

No competiton in this sub niche.

G

GuestUser116

Emphasized "speak to them"

Pick a niche, and then talk DIRECTLY to that niche. Ideally, that niche is a pretty big constituent of your total audience.

Let's say you pick "Skinny Bastards". The copy almost writes itself for your blurb:

"Skinny Bastard's Guide to an Althetic Body in 90 Days: Become An Object of Desire

You're skinny. I get it. It sucks, doesn't it? Well, just because you were born that way doesn't mean you need to STAY that way. Even if you tried "working out" before, I guarantee you can TRANSFORM your body in just just 90 days.

You will start to see veins popping from your arms. For the first time, you will feel your muscles stretch the sleeves in your chest. You will finally be an object of desire. For the first time in your life, YOU will be the one turning heads.

Suddenly, making eye contact with that cute blonde across the bar won't seem so hard.

Whether you're skinny because you sit inside playing video games all day, because you've never worked out, or because you have some weird congenital disease, THIS BOOK WILL HELP YOU TO TURN YOUR BODY AROUND."
Let's swap it for fat people now:

"Fat Bastard's Guide to an Althetic Body in 90 Days: Become An Object of Desire

You're fat. I get it. It sucks, doesn't it? Well, just because you have been fat for years doesn't mean you need to STAY that way. Even if you tried "working out" before, I guarantee you can TRANSFORM your body in just just 90 days.

You will start to see your belly go down. Veins will start popping out of your arms. For the first time, you will feel your muscles stretch the sleeves in your chest...and it won't be because you're putting on weight again.

You will finally be an object of desire. For the first time in your life, YOU will be the one turning heads.

Suddenly, making eye contact with that cute blonde across the bar won't seem so hard.

Whether you're fat because you eat donuts all day, because you've always been that way, or because you have some weird congenital disease, THIS BOOK WILL HELP YOU TO TURN YOUR BODY AROUND."​

That took me 5 minutes, so it could probably be tightened up. But it's likely a lot better than your existing, feature-filled copy; rather than specific benefits driven copy:

"Get an athletic body in only 90 days with calisthenics aka body weight exercises. No need for a gym.

This book has programs for the beginners, intermediate, and advanced. For guys and girls. For the young and the old. Calisthenics exercises for beginners, intermediate, and advanced, how many sets and reps to do, how often to work out, it is all in the book. The book is short, simple, and straight to the point. It has an introduction to calisthenics, why calisthenics will get you an athletic body in 90 days, and 3 programs in full detail.

Buy now and get an athletic body in 90 days from the comfort of your own home!"

The book works for both skinny Sams and fat Freddys. So just choose one of the two and ignore the other??

With Calisthenics averages out to 1-2 sales a day (no marketing); It's not a sub niche, explain that.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
The word calisthenics is the keyword in that title.

People interested in calisthenics are more interested in buying your book because is speaks to them. This is the most specific of your titles which is why it sells the most.

With that being said 2 sales a day is like $5 a day so lets not get ahead of ourselves and act like this is earth shattering results that prove you are doing it right.

Targeting niche markets via demographics (as has been recommended) is only one way to niche down, including keywords in the title (as you have done here) is another. Your second best seller is the pullup book, the reason is "pull ups" is your keyword that is getting people to buy the book. Both of these titles are better than the other book because they more specifically callout to the target audience who should purchase the book.

With all that being said your results are minimal because theres still a lot you can improve on.

If you want to pay for traffic (etc.) you could make your generic titles work, other fitness gurus have already proven this can be done. However on amazon that strategy isn't going to work for you right now. You need to be more specific and really speak to your audience, this isn't going to happen using "Average joe" and other terms that you are currently going for.

Rep x-ferred.

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
How does someone find your books in the amazon store?

Are all these purchases from people searching keywords in the search box? Are they seeing them as new releases? When I go to new releases there are only big names, I don't see any of yours?

G

GuestUser116

How does someone find your books in the amazon store?

Are all these purchases from people searching keywords in the search box? Are they seeing them as new releases? When I go to new releases there are only big names, I don't see any of yours?
Search "athletic" my book is the first on the list. Search "calisthenics" it's the 4th on the list.

G

GuestUser116

Updated and republished book #1- Athletic Body in 90 Days- Get a body that turns heads. A guide for skinny dudes. (link)3D cover.png

G

GuestUser116

New release- Hollywood Physique (link coming soon)

Attachments

• 3D cover.png
    3D cover.png
    119 KB · Views: 43
Last edited by a moderator:

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
I've made like 20 different designs and none look good.
Is there no one in the philippines/india/pakistan/eastern europe you can hire to pump out designs for you?

These guys can work for $2-$4 an hour, especially if you plan to hire them full time for a month or more.

It would also speed up your writing velocity, as you wouldn't have to mess around in photoshop anymore.

G

GuestUser116

Is there no one in the philippines/india/pakistan/eastern europe you can hire to pump out designs for you?

These guys can work for $2-$4 an hour, especially if you plan to hire them full time for a month or more.

It would also speed up your writing velocity, as you wouldn't have to mess around in photoshop anymore.
I tried a few different people on fiverr before, amateurs and "pros" with like 2k orders and mostly all positive reviews, they made garbage covers.

On what site can I find legit cover designers for $5 /cover?

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
Glacier, how are you getting these photos for your cover? Are you buying stock photos so you have the rights to use the photo on your covers or how are you doing that?

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
Hey man...I like all of the action that you are taking.

Are you going to try paid advertising?

G

GuestUser116

Note- If anyone here purchased one of my books and liked it, leave a customer review; I'd appreciate it.

"Hollywood Physique" is up. (link)

G

GuestUser116

Hollywood Physique and Skinny Dude's Guide to an Athletic Body are free for the day.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.