The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

''Poor Doors''

jazb

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Nov 24, 2013
The U.K
This winded me up so much so I had to vent. In Central London/ Manhattan, Property developers are being made to build ''affordable housing''. Meaning, sidewalkers get to have the same reward as a fastlaner: a nice fancy apartment in a hotspot of the world. They pay significantly less for it.

The developers have got around this by having separate entrances, one for the sidewalkers and one for the fastlaners. This has caused complete hysteria. people are calling it ''segregation''

Am I the only one who sees how ludicrous this is? Why should someone who has worked an entire decade to build a fortune be forced to live with sidewalkers who have to appreciation for what they have.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/jul/25/poor-doors-segregation-london-flats

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yury

fancy slogan
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 12, 2013
They pay significantly less for it.
Ludicrous indeed. How dare they! Forcing people to pay, and what if they can't afford it! I would recommend turn these into some council housing instead.

</troll>

(..stuff cut out..)

Now, on a positive side... I somehow think that among these slowlaners and sidewalkers who will live in that house with fastlaners, at least some percentage will actually ask themselves the question MJ asked himself, How can you really afford it? What should I do to be able to afford it myself?

So if you'll keep your eye on this situation, at some point just go and put MJ's book in all the mailboxes ;)
Probably that's the most constructive thing that you can do in such situation. Cheers.

Last edited:

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I liked the article, it was thought provoking

Here was my thought:
We need to make devides more discreet

I find that appealing from a biz perspective cuz it shows that if we devide for different market niches we can kinda do it more discreet and maximise happiness and encourage people wanting to upgrade.

People just don't like reminders that they are poor bro, its not anything to get too hysterical about imo. "How dare they!" sh#t needs to be tossed from peoples vocab, seriously.
You were poor once, I was poor minded once, and I know I was a good man before mindset changes, so I appreciate the "hysteria" of financial devide being less "by the gods NO!" and more "you will someday :)".

Being discreet, sounds perfect!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.