The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Member!

bbaker9

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Feb 23, 2016
Hey forum, my name is Brandon, I have been lurking on here a long time, and just recently decided to join in and contribute. I am 19, and live in SW Florida. I am in my second year of college (finance). I love the grind of owning my own business and have had a good amount of experience but still have so much to learn!

I started my first business in January 2015, a wheel repair business. I learned how to fix cosmetic damage on wheels from when people would drive into the curb. A older friend hired me and trained me for about a year to grind, sand and paint, and I got very good.

I started an LLC and I worked hard establishing connections with as many dealerships as I could. I didn't make any excuses, I packed my Miata with all the equipment I needed, and drove around with cards and handed them out to every used car manager at every dealership Within an hour drive. Eventually I set up a weekly routine with 9 dealerships in the area. I would show up once a week and walk the lot looking for nice cars with damaged wheels and I would get the wheels approved approved and set up and fix them on site.
It was great, I was making $100+ an hour most days which was great as an 18-19 year old.

While working I listened to a lot of audiobooks, and listened to a lot of entrepreneur/investor speakers on YouTube. I loved my business but what I realized was that I had just created a job for myself, and I wanted my next project to be something that I could remove myself from and not have to do all of the work. I knew it would be very hard for me to train someone to do what I did as well as I did, and also to find enough work in the area to keep both of us busy.

So, I was contacted by a larger company in the area and they wanted to buy me out. I took the opportunity as an exit strategy and honestly , sold myself short. The deal was for me to work for them and train their employees, and get commission for the work that I did, I would get monthly payments for the accounts that I had established over a couple months as a security for them so I wouldn't leave them high and dry with work to do but no one to do them.

I realized 2 weeks in that working for someone else was not for me. I left them after 2 months and left a good amount of money on the table, but it was totally worth it for me. I was so happy the day I left haha.
On to my next idea.

I started a mobile detailing business about 2 months ago and it is booming. I market solely on Facebook ads and it is the greatest thing in the world to me. I chose to do detailing because I love working with cars and am very knowledgeable about cars, and it is something I can train easily and develop an easy system that will enable me to expand and grow very well.

I have 2 employees, one that is cleaning cars on his own (mobile) and another that is still training with me. My plan is to keep grinding and build a team of 8 this year and then hire someone to book the appointments and monitor the 8 detailers work

Very eager to learn , please tell me your thoughts.
I hope to be an active member on this forum.

-Brandon

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.