The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need advice...

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
I meet other entrepreneurs in the tech co working space, that's about it.

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
I meet other entrepreneurs in the tech co working space, that's about it.

That had occurred to me as a good place to be; I need to found my own space like that out here on the edge of the sticks.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
They are popping up everywhere, I'm sure theres one not too far. I have to travel an hour to get to mine

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Self-centered can come from the need to control. Emotions need to be decompressed, expressed, and regulated. Otherwise you're throwing all the emotions into ego, controlling behaviors, and lacking empathy. When we don't handle emotions, they back fire and become suppressed. As an entrepreneur the mental toughness is necessary, selfishness to a degree, but at the same time, you can bury the emotion and feeling. It's seen as weak and this is where you become hard and self-focused and in your own world separate from everyone else.

I'm not talking about being emotional. I'm talking about acknowledging the emotion and feeling. Meditating, breathing, relaxing, centering self, and letting go of anxiety and worry. If you're an introvert you probably need time away from people and be in a peaceful environment, nature, out doors hiking, riding your bike, canoeing, kayaking, etc. You get the idea.

If you're and extrovert probably similar activities, but around more people, interacting, and communicating.

Helping others keeps yourself in balance and proper perspective. If you're helping someone, you show empathy, compassion, and understanding.

If you don't acknowledge emotions and the part they play, you end up storing it up in your body, it becomes anger, and you start being a control freak and yes, self-centered.

I know some have a hard time acknowledging emotions an feelings, but you get in major trouble if you don't.

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
@cautiouscapy Oh yes it is, I understand what they are, they are just called differently and I don't know anyone who takes them. Thanks.

@Mattie It is perfectly logical what you are saying and your way of explaining is great and straight to the point. Plus, with everyone's contribution to this thread, you are helping me put things into a perspective and raise my self-awareness. Since I have a better understanding now and see a clearer picture, I can start putting it to practical use. Thank you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.