The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Hustling/Dealing Progress

Shaheelm

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Nov 24, 2015
Hey Everyone. I posted a month ago and Ive picked up my game a bit. Started buying and selling electronic goods after i stopped it couple of months before. I know there's quit a few threads about craigslist hustling and stuff. But i live in Australia(Its called Gumtree here). Thought i would share my deals so far but there's not many.

I sold 5 phones so far and made $240 in two weeks.
I want to expand to other kinds of products but Im not doing it. I think i need to force my self to research other areas.

And Im also reading "How to get rich" Felix Dennis. Good read so far. Also learning web developing and coding on bento.io/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

chriswho

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Nov 23, 2015
Are you just buying at a good price and reselling the phones both on Gumtree?
If so, I have a couple questions:
  • Are you buying up-tp-date smartphones or other types of phones?
  • Are you looking fpr products to buy at a extremely CHEAP price and resell them at a relatively expensive price? Or vice versa? Or both of them?
  • Are your transactions made in real life (like buying, going to the owner, picking the phone, paying him cash) or via internet and online shipping?
  • If you handle that in real life, are you living in a big city where many offers are made on Gumtree?
Thank you and have good luck with your work!

Chris

Shaheelm

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Nov 24, 2015
Are you just buying at a good price and reselling the phones both on Gumtree?
If so, I have a couple questions:
  • Are you buying up-tp-date smartphones or other types of phones?
  • Are you looking fpr products to buy at a extremely CHEAP price and resell them at a relatively expensive price? Or vice versa? Or both of them?
  • Are your transactions made in real life (like buying, going to the owner, picking the phone, paying him cash) or via internet and online shipping?
  • If you handle that in real life, are you living in a big city where many offers are made on Gumtree?
Thank you and have good luck with your work!

Chris

1. I buy phones which are relatively new. New ones and ones which couple of releases behind.
2. I buy stuff which are priced cheaply and sell for what they're actually worth.
3. Real life so far.
4. It's not huge or small. There are stuff which are put up constantly.

Hope i answered your questions

Shaheelm

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Nov 24, 2015
Today was different
Woke up at 4:30 drove over 50km's to get some fitness equipment which i could get atleast 100 profit on.

Not much considering how much effort i put in to it, but i thought if i'm not going to sacrifice something to better my self and my situation at the moment, i might act the same way if bigger opportunities come my way which includes more risk.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

chriswho

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Nov 23, 2015
Interesting - small steps lead to a great results! And good thing to hear you are hustling. Are you already making experiences on which type of products work extraordinary well or bad?

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Not much considering how much effort i put in to it, but i thought if i'm not going to sacrifice something to better my self and my situation at the moment, i might act the same way if bigger opportunities come my way which includes more risk.
That's whats up, how do you do anything is how you do everything.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Shaheelm

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Nov 24, 2015
Interesting - small steps lead to a great results! And good thing to hear you are hustling. Are you already making experiences on which type of products work extraordinary well or bad?
Exactly, a few days back i felt so pressured in the fastlane, now everything is in control. I focus on a few things everyday and thats it. With the products, I have my bread and butter, which is electronics and now I'm expanding to fitness equipment. Regarding the products that work and don't, i think it depends on what you know and what you're interested in. And also experiencing and taking risks. And even when taking risks,i believe you should research a bit and try to get a deal where you could at least get your money back.

Shaheelm

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Nov 24, 2015
I know there is good business in buying antiques at auction even if they need a bit of work done they are normally easy fixes and sell fast and double money easy.
Spotting an antique from just an old thing is hard for me. Have you had any experiences?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.