The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Money Makes you Happier

Sir Ingenious

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2012
This thread is so eye-opening for me.

When I was in high school (or maybe as long as I could remember), I used to say that I wanted a mansion and to be rich. My classmates thought that I was absurd. My parents lectured me that money doesn't make you happy and that you can't take wealth with you if you die. "The Millionaire Next Door" lectured that we should own modest houses and cars even as millionaires and live frugally because it's wise. The world seem to curse millionaires (or billionaires) for being arrogant and dumb for living in excess.

And then I realize from this thread that none of the people I know are millionaires.

Believe it or not, "The Housewives of O.C." (or any other "The Housewives"-related shows) is one of my favorite shows.

I also love "The Millionaire Matchmaker", "The Fabulous Life Presents...", any Real Estate Shows like "Million Dollar Listing", "Flipping Out", "Flip This House" and etc and I would watch them whenever I can because they inspire me so tremendously. Those shows inspire me to life live to the fullest, because you can. I don't watch for the drama but I watch to get inspired in life.

The way I was thinking coming into this thread was that I wanted to be rich but I didn't want money to identify me. Or I didn't want money to be the sole reason why I'm happy. However, money grants you freedom, power, and leverage in this world. It's social currency that will allow you live peacefully by simply combining those elements together.

Ultimately, people doesn't want to realize that no one is entitled to freedom and freedom takes work to be fully experienced. Just because you're in America doesn't mean you're entitled to freedom like many people would like you to believe. When you've made it to the top with hard work and determination, you can then bless this country for giving you the opportunities. After all, America is the "Land of Opportunity" as they put it.

Anyways, thank you for the insight, guys.

I have to thank this forum for being so awesome and eye-opening.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser394

Another case study:

It's going to cost me $120 for round trip taxi fare to get from my hotel to where the Cardinals play for their preseason home opener. That's on top of the ~$150 for my ticket. The ticket fits within my budget, but the taxi fair doesn't, so I'm probably going to have to sit that one out. Not happy.

So the lack of money does in fact cause unhappiness LOL.

Sir Ingenious

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2012
Another case study:

It's going to cost me $120 for round trip taxi fare to get from my hotel to where the Cardinals play for their preseason home opener. That's on top of the ~$150 for my ticket. The ticket fits within my budget, but the taxi fair doesn't, so I'm probably going to have to sit that one out. Not happy.

So the lack of money does in fact cause unhappiness LOL.

Colts fan here.

With Arians on your team, I think you got a good shot for a little something.

You're going to love that vertical offense especially with Fitzgerald catching the balls, haha. And Carson Palmer should be okay provided that he has an adequate offensive line.

D

DeletedUser394

Colts fan here.

With Arians on your team, I think you got a good shot for a little something.

You're going to love that vertical offense especially with Fitzgerald catching the balls, haha. And Carson Palmer should be okay provided that he has an adequate offensive line.

I've been a Cardinals fan for exactly a day and a half... so I have no idea what you're talking about LOL. Fitzgerald is the only guy I've heard of.

Heck, if they do better than last season that would be nice.

Sir Ingenious

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2012
I've been a Cardinals fan for exactly a day and a half... so I have no idea what you're talking about LOL. Fitzgerald is the only guy I've heard of.

Heck, if they do better than last season that would be nice.

Fitzgerald is one of the best, haha. He's probably the only name you should need to know. ;)

G

GuestUser8117

I'll bite for a second time because the thread is interesting and because it stimulates some deep discussions about life's most important thing: Happiness. For me being a millionaire is not worth the shot. Well, it is but for some reasons it is not.

Why? Because we live in a sidewalking world where the majority of people is mediocre and will judge you, criticize you and insult you if you are different and a millionaire. And that sucks.

Here's my perspective. Being the son of slowlane millionaires is often pretty difficult for me because let's say I'm a little different from others. First, I have a lot of class, I dress well, I eat well and I speak well.

So...people look at me differently and threat me differently,etc. They think I am rich because I love good things in life and I'm not just like them. Example : I go to the bar. Guys my age drink beer, jugs of beer. And they are all dressed like shit.

After guess what? They drive their car. Drink and drive, yes sir! I'm the guy who looks well and I'm the guy who orders a glass of italian red wine. Or if I walk calmly in the street and smoke a cigar when they get back from their work stressed like hell. I think to myself "F*cking sad". They often look at me, with a confounded look, or even an disturbed look on their face. Angry sometimes.

I'll tell you how it feels. It feels like shit. I'm not even a millionaire but I look like one and people don't like it.

And it pisses me off. I think I will aim for $100 000 a year from a business instead of millions. Unless if I live in Monaco. It just sucks when everyone around you is crappy and is full debt and you are almost the only one who's conscious with is money and behaviors. We have become a society of compulsive consumers who can never stop spending their money. You cannot print 85 billions a month when everyone is in debt including the government and expect the economy to survive.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Perhaps their issue is that your parents are the ones supporting your "lavish" lifestyle and you currently provide no value to society whatsoever.

You need to read thick face black heart bad. 100k a year is a joke. Stop giving a shit what people will think or say about you.

When you make your own money...F*ck people who don't matter. They don't have to know you are a millionaire. Or they can. Whatever. I don't give a F*ck.

Get a job Omerta.

AmyQ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 5, 2013
I'll bite for a second time because the thread is interesting and because it stimulates some deep discussions about life's most important thing: Happiness. For me being a millionaire is not worth the shot. Well, it is but for some reasons it is not.

Why? Because we live in a sidewalking world where the majority of people is mediocre and will judge you, criticize you and insult you if you are different and a millionaire. And that sucks.

Here's my perspective. Being the son of slowlane millionaires is often pretty difficult for me because let's say I'm a little different from others. First, I have a lot of class, I dress well, I eat well and I speak well.

So...people look at me differently and threat me differently,etc. They think I am rich because I love good things in life and I'm not just like them. Example : I go to the bar. Guys my age drink beer, jugs of beer. And they are all dressed like shit.

After guess what? They drive their car. Drink and drive, yes sir! I'm the guy who looks well and I'm the guy who orders a glass of italian red wine. Or if I walk calmly in the street and smoke a cigar when they get back from their work stressed like hell. I think to myself "F*cking sad". They often look at me, with a confounded look, or even an disturbed look on their face. Angry sometimes. I'm the guy who drinks is coffee black. I'm the guy who broke is back playing and practicing too much guitar instead of being a Dj who plays talentless music.

I'll tell you how it feels. It feels like shit. I'm not even a millionaire but I look like one and people don't like it.

And it pisses me off. I think I will aim for $100 000 a year from a business instead of millions. Unless if I live in Monaco. It just sucks when everyone around you is crappy and is full debt and you are almost the only one who's conscious with is money and behaviors. We have become a society of compulsive consumers who can never stop spending their money. You cannot print 85 billions a month when everyone is in debt including the government and expect the economy to survive.

This post strikes me as delusional, arrogant and entitled. If you are presenting in the real world the same way you are here, I think that the social rejection you are experiencing has a lot more to do with that than your "class" or having rich parents.

I can't decide if you are for real or a troll. If these words really do reflect your beliefs and views in the world, that is what is sad. It is much sadder than people being stressed from working at a job for money.

I can see how using your parents money and labor as a healthy adult (from a privileged background) to sustain yourself while smoking cigars would feel like shit. You know what feels great? Using my money and labor to do things for my family and loved ones.

G

GuestUser8117

Thanks, I'm leaving. I don't take people who laugh at my posts or call me a troll. It is better if I leave so I won't be posting "arrogant or delusional" posts anymore. I'm done.

Please someone tells me how can I delete my account. I've searched the options and I can't find it.

But I wanna thank MJ DeMarco, Vigilante and other fastlaners who had helped shape a better version of me in the future. Mj, your help was truly beneficial to me. I recommand your book to almost everyone I know. Thanks.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Thanks, I'm leaving. I don't take people who laugh at my posts or call me a troll. It is better if I leave so I won't be posting "arrogant or delusional" posts anymore. I'm done.

Please someone tells me how can I delete my account. I've searched the options and I can't find it.

But I wanna thank MJ DeMarco, Vigilante and other fastlaners who had helped shape a better version of me in the future. Mj, your help was truly beneficial to me. I recommand your book to almost everyone I know. Thanks.

Omerta you have to admit you brought this on yourself. You take the risk and post these stories about your lifestyle given to you by your parents. Then you wonder why others are on your case.

It has to do with your age and perspective. We know you have some growing and changing to do, we just dont see it happening.

Here it is very bluntly, you are living off of your dad's dime. It is not your money, house, or possessions. Start doing something for you besides playing the guitar and share it with us. Or, quit commenting on things from the authority of your dad's wealth.

You cannot delete your account and it will not be deleted. Your posts are the property of Mj. We can ban you or you can stop posting.

Good luck whatever your decision you make.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

Hopefully you stick around.

I admit I post some pretty dumb a$$ shit from time to time. I get grilled for it. And then I admit it. And just shrug it off.

Isn't part of being an Entrepreneur is not giving a damn about how other people perceive you or their opinion about you?

No seeking others approval unless we are talking markets?

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I also have to comment on the "class" thing.

Clothes and possessions do not define having class", actions do. I have seen some people with a lot a class and not much money and I have seen well dressed jerks.

You are acting as if you are better than your friends because of your clothes provided by dad. Not classy in my book.

Classy is all the people here that cut you a break when you let your mouth talk without thinking.

Good luck.

D

DeletedUser394

You can pay for school, but you can't buy class! -Kanye West

Odd statement coming from him, but whatever, it's the truth.

Sir Ingenious

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2012
Honestly, as a 25 year old, I have a LOT to learn.

That's part of the reason why I'm here. Heck, I think that's 80% of the reason why I'm here: to learn and be inspired. Iron sharpens iron.

For instance, in another thread, I gave a small advice about how to crowdfund and I recommended a book. I thought I was done, patted myself on the back and I let my ego get the best of me a little bit there. And then zen*******, a guy with tons of experience and who knows much much more than I do, came in this thread and humbled all of us with his insight. Right there and then, I knew I just had a lot more to learn about things.

And if I were to be honest, I got overconfident because I thought I knew everything. I get like that quite a bit (actually, a lot) as it's a habit of mine that I need to keep in check. A lot of times, it's humbling when you got an expert or someone who knows more than you says you're wrong and explains why. Hey, it's a bitter pill to swallow but it's necessary. Medicines aren't supposed to taste good, after all. Or even feel good. Everyone, especially myself, should take a step back and look at the whole picture; we don't know everything. We shouldn't assume anything and that's humbling as heck.

As a result of that thread, I went to a website made for INSIDERS and I am reading through this whole PDF thing about getting Investors. AMAZING. I plan to put it into practice too. Not done reading but amazing so far, I gotta say.

Anyways, just because a guy is living a certain way or does certain things doesn't make it our business. We live our lives the way we do because we perceive things differently. We have different belief systems and we are different. I don't know you and you don't know me because life is a series of events that adds up over time, ala our experiences. The only thing we can do is to gain enough insight to determine what we are not, just so we can know what we are. We should know ourselves as much as we can, to efficiently be ourselves as best and much as possible while we are still alive. So, don't strive to be better than the next man but be better than your former self.

So, don't get mad when a guy who knows more than you calls you out on things. However, take it as an opportunity to learn from that guy and pocket that insight to make yourself better. Like I said above, iron sharpens iron. It hurts but you're sharper as a result. Medicines aren't supposed to feel or taste good as well.

Anyways, that's my 2c.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

OK, Omerta. Everything I said was DEAD ON TRUE. You know it too. If you can't handle the truth then GTFO.

First and foremost you need to move out, then you need to get a job, then you need to start working on something to replace the job income, then you can talk about your lavish lifestyle.

You also won't be so soon to accept the opinions of others if it is your HARD EARNED MONEY they are shit talking. You will take a much bigger offense and question if you should be around people like that.

Believe it or not, I'm trying to help you. If I lived with my parents when I was trying to start businesses I would have had zero motivation and would have spent my time circle jerking around on the golf course, acting classier than other people, smoking cigars poolside and being a class-A douchebag just like you. I made the conscious decision not to go that route. I needed it to hurt if I didn't act.

Clean up the F*cking act man and get something started.

PS: I bet if you started a progress thread going from where you currently are, to moving to your own place, through your own job, and eventually when you are able to comfortably quit it will be a quite successful and inspiring thread.

Capital

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Apr 16, 2013
OK, Omerta. Everything I said was DEAD ON TRUE. You know it too. If you can't handle the truth then GTFO.

First and foremost you need to move out, then you need to get a job, then you need to start working on something to replace the job income, then you can talk about your lavish lifestyle.

You also won't be so soon to accept the opinions of others if it is your HARD EARNED MONEY they are shit talking. Believe it or not, I'm trying to help you. If I lived with my parents when I was trying to start businesses I would have zero motivation and would have spent my time circle jerking around, acting classier than other people, smoking cigars poolside and being a class-A douchebag just like you.

Clean up the F*cking act man.
Sorry Omerta, but Kak hit the nail on the head. You should make the 100K a year and report back to tell us how it's going. Odds are, you'll want more.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Sorry Omerta, but Kak hit the nail on the head. You should make the 100K a year and report back to tell us how it's going. Odds are, you'll want more.

Lets not act like 100k is easy to make.. statistics can show you the way, making even 40k ON YOUR OWN is challenging.

The point is, and i think (for a decent reason) its not emphasized here, but even having an "average" life is not easy to do, it requires waking up early, sucking up to the boss, doing shit u dont want to, etc.

I would give chances to someone who've been there and decided to go on their own 10x vs someone who thinks they'll go from nothing (parent, someone else footing the bill) to something..

but thats just my experience.

AmyQ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 5, 2013
Omtera, my response to you was harsh. That is on me. 100%. How you respond to it is on you. 100%. Prove me wrong. Take the advice of others and go and produce something of value that you can be proud of.

Insulting worker bees while you live off of others just doesn't fly with me. I employ people who are working their asses off to provide for their families. Their labor also provides for my family. I owe them gratitude, not scorn. So do you, really. Producing enough to provide for yourself is nothing to be ashamed of, and producing enough to provide for yourself and others by offering people employment is something to be proud of. As Kak pointed out, nothing is stopping you from doing either, and people on this forum (myself included) would cheer you on along the way if you choose to do so.

qewrtyass

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Apr 30, 2013
omerta, i know how you feel. some people here are 'rude'.
but hey, most people succeed in this world has some kind of rudeness, some people said this as 'flare of arrogance'.
so if you want to thrive, you've got to deal with these type of person. join them and develop idontgiveafuck and gofuckyourself mentality.
nice guy hardly make it, simply because they were too nice to succeed.
so, buckle up and suck it up.

G

GuestUser8117

Sorry if the thread has turned out like that. Sometimes I write shit that I will regret after without really thinking it. I still have a lot to learn. Don't ban me.

And I don't blame anyone but myself. And by the way, I pay for my expenses and I buy my own clothes. I've made around 25k from 17 to 20 working shitty jobs until depression and sickness arose. Now I'm good since mid 2011. Sort of "recovery". Still have some of the money I managed to save but it's getting very very thight as I blew it mostly in restaurants and useless shit along the years.

I hate the idea of going back to work because I've kinda tasted what the fastlane is and it's very nice when you don't have to worry about anything, wake up when you want and do what you want. Except the fact that your dad is pissed off at you almost everyday. Lol.

That being said, I have a crowdfunding/fundraising project. It's to help those who don't have access to water. Not just water, clean water. Mostly in africa, and south america.

When I think that 800 millions of people worldwide don't have access to good water, it touches me. It is dear to my heart. And I feel I need to do something about it. Would make me happy to help those in need.

Need : people need water. Nothing more basic than that.
Scale : lots of people need it.
Entry, time, and control :?

I think I'll stop posting for a while and try to get my life in order. Believe me, it is F*cking hard to change.

*edit : Mj, don't use any of my posts in your new book please.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I seem to have 3 view points on this.

One:
I'm no millionaire but I have some tangible things that money can't buy access to. And from that experience I would say that, having the will to determine your path, and succeeding, is tremendous for your self confidence and helps guide your actions in all other areas of life.

Two:
However at the same time, there is a "washout" point. The wash out point is when you get result after result after result and you just sort of feel the reprocussions of seeking to fulfil your ego. Its not "bad" per se, it is just kind of stressful not knowing how to achieve what you are REALLY after when you seem to have it all. Its "uncomfortable".

I'm sure some guys here might have felt it.
So from what experience I do have, I would say that you do have a say in how happy you are, but that moderation and timing are really important skills to learn that will compliment your monetary goals so you don't wash out. (but this is more a quality problem that speaks about just how good you can make money *and yes it has limits in the happiness it can deliver*)

Three: This point is more personal
I study money cuz I have to protect the people I care about, and if you don't get good at money, you end up getting walked over by nitwits that are stressing over how much monopoly money they have to gamble with and buy flatscreen tvs with instead of people with VALID money concerns like paying for treatment for disease or care for a loved one with a mental illness.

Does anyone wanna be walked over by someone throwing hissy fits when you truly are in need?
Money can be serious shit, and being impotent is certainly no protection from life.
The ability to lead and create cash can save lives.
A friend not dying or being abused by a shit situation at home they can't escape, seriously impacts not only happiness but mental health.

MJ demarko even mentioned that had he not moved to phoenix he would have been on meds and depressed. His ability to launch the limo biz enabled him to escape that.
In this scenario, to say that money and the ability to make it has no impact on lives, is not very based in reality.

Lastly:
I don't have any money, but I live a life of travelling, working on things I love and helping people out. That makes me happy and I have some mentors who are top CEO's and such at some leading companies, who tell me "you live like a millionaire now... better even".
I owe my lifestyle to resourcefulness, bravery, and having a lot of know how.
Why do I say all this?
Because my condition in life is like a scientific control. I have a lifestyle without the cash.

The fact is... Money will bring me powerful tools, and whilst it won't change much of my lifestyle it'll take some of the edge off. And it will sure as hell transform what I can already do into a graceful symphony of delisciousness.

So F*ck that saying and everything it stands for :p
So long as you aren't petty about money and have some depth to you, money will help.
If you are vapid, leeching, and a dumbass, no amount of money is gonna stop the whoopass slamdown life is winding up for you.

PS:
Does anyone have stories on how they felt when they got more cash in their life and how they handled it. I thought this thread would have that in it, and I'd really like to see some of your experioences and how they played out, if you'd be willing to share.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Sorry if the thread has turned out like that. Sometimes I write shit that I will regret after without really thinking it. I still have a lot to learn. Don't ban me.

And I don't blame anyone but myself. And by the way, I pay for my expenses and I buy my own clothes. I've made around 25k from 17 to 20 working shitty jobs until depression and sickness arose. Now I'm good since mid 2011. Sort of "recovery". Still have some of the money I managed to save but it's getting very very thight as I blew it mostly in restaurants and useless shit along the years.

I hate the idea of going back to work because I've kinda tasted what the fastlane is and it's very nice when you don't have to worry about anything, wake up when you want and do what you want. Except the fact that your dad is pissed off at you almost everyday. Lol.

That being said, I have a crowdfunding/fundraising project. It's to help those who don't have access to water. Not just water, clean water. Mostly in africa, and south america.

When I think that 800 millions of people worldwide don't have access to good water, it touches me. It is dear to my heart. And I feel I need to do something about it. Would make me happy to help those in need.

Need : people need water. Nothing more basic than that.
Scale : lots of people need it.
Entry, time, and control :?

I think I'll stop posting for a while and try to get my life in order. Believe me, it is F*cking hard to change.

*edit : Mj, don't use any of my posts in your new book please.

Let us know how everything pans out for you. I genuinely wish you success.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Please some admin, delete this thread. It's so annoying seeing it at the recent list daily - and it's an empty discussion that doesn't add any value. - by the way sorry for bumping it to the top again with this comment :cool:

D

DeletedUser394

Please some admin, delete this thread. It's so annoying seeing it at the recent list daily - and it's an empty discussion that doesn't add any value. - by the way sorry for bumping it to the top again with this comment :cool:

No. They don't delete threads. And it actually does provide value. Absolutely. I read some of the posts here and it gets my blood pumping (adrenaline.. the good kind), and I read a few other posts here and nearly keeled over laughing so hard.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MJ demarko even mentioned that had he not moved to phoenix he would have been on meds and depressed. His ability to launch the limo biz enabled him to escape that.

If you're going to ROYALLY F*ck UP my story, at least get my freaking name straight. I moved to Phoenix with $900. The "limo biz" you speak of, at least at that moment, was a one page website making enough money to afford a McDonalds Happy Meal. So NO, my business (or money) had nothing to do with my move-- it was my determination to make something of myself by any means necessary, even if that meant jumping out of the nest without knowing how to fly.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
omerta, i know how you feel. some people here are 'rude'.
but hey, most people succeed in this world has some kind of rudeness, some people said this as 'flare of arrogance'.
so if you want to thrive, you've got to deal with these type of person. join them and develop idontgiveafuck and gofuckyourself mentality.
nice guy hardly make it, simply because they were too nice to succeed.
so, buckle up and suck it up.

This is not directly aimed at you qewrtyass but the word "rude" is being tossed around here a lot lately. I can understand how some responses that are blunt can be taken as rude.

I want to propose something for the readers out there to consider. Which is more damaging?

I can choose to see a fellow member making wrong choices and banging his head on the wall, and because I don't want to hurt his feelings, I say nothing. I walk away and let him keep stumbling.

Or, I can choose to say some words from my experience and perspective that may just keep him from hitting his head anymore. It may be that my friend has been told to duck and not hit his head many times and he still keeps hitting his head. But, one day, I grab him by the shoulders and tell him eye-to-eye, to duck and quit hitting your head. And, he quits hitting his head.

I teach over 100 students a year. I wish all people could accept "please", and nice requests and learn from them. Most can do that, however, there are always a few that you have to sit them down, eye-to-eye, and tell them where they are messing up. They just don't get the hint.

I, personally, think it is far kinder to help someone rather than ignore it and allow them to keep hurting themselves. Others call it rude, I call it caring enough to help.

To each his own.

Glad you are back Omerta. I wish you well.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.