The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MJ's (not so) Evil Twin.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
I was lucky enough to meet someone who is an absolute Fastlaner, MJ's copycat. He even looks and talks the same. And he's a great guy really.

We (I) obviously always end up talking business and it just struck me that you guys could help me ask him the right questions. Here's a brief summary of his journey:

1) Smart, analytic, realistic.
2) Born in a small town from middle class parents.
3) Went to college, thought it was total B.S.
4) Spotted a need/opportunity in a field he absolutely did not care about. Built a company over 10 years that respected the CENTS.
5) Sold the company for a big lump sum when he had to and retired mid 30's
6) Relaxed for a few years (boats & hoes)
7) Started doing some very very profitable and passive things.
6) Now spends his days chilling on his boat and making a few phone calls now and then. My cholesterol levels also went up dramatically just being around him.

Last thing, he never heard about MJ, the book or the forum, but always refers to the same concept, with different words.

So anyways, it's cheat day tomorrow and I told him I would arrive early to annoy him with a bunch of questions before supper, what should ask him?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

townhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Feb 21, 2012
London
What were his favourite books?

What did he do & what was life like after dropping out?

Was there a turning point in his life, where he went from struggling, to doing well? What happened?

eekern

BOBA
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 21, 2015
Norway
What were his favourite books?

What did he do & what was life like after dropping out?

Was there a turning point in his life, where he went from struggling, to doing well? What happened?

What he said

BTW, you said you was "lucky" meeting this person, I don`t think a person sitting in front of his TV would be as lucky as you - you are doing something right. And to keep doing the right thing, make sure you add value to his life before you start interviewing him 8)

Chazmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
May 23, 2013
USA
I would try to find out what his background was before spotting the opportunity. Did he see entrepreneurs in his family anywhere? Was he mentored by anyone? Did he read a lot about business? Did he ever have any business before?

My point is that many people are in front of opportunities all the time but can't see it. He recognized one, grew it big and then liquidated AND he speaks the fastlane language so he must have had some kind of insight.

I guess I'm saying to figure out where the 'process' took place. Or, maybe he just had the natural talent to see something, start small and grow it? Could just be a natural talent.

Either way sounds like a good person to chat up about business, find a way to help/be valuable to him.

6) Relaxed for a few years (boats & hoRSes)

;)

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
What he said

BTW, you said you was "lucky" meeting this person, I don`t think a person sitting in front of his TV would be as lucky as you - you are doing something right. And to keep doing the right thing, make sure you add value to his life before you start interviewing him 8)
Well I indeed deliberately spend more time with entrepreneurs. Makes a huge difference. The gym you train at, the places you socialize at, the forums you read, etc. It really helps meeting the right people. I found Yatch clubs & health clubs amazing for networking with the elite.

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Quick update. Lending money is very lucrative and buying stupid stuff in infomercials seems to be a source of entertainment for Fastlaners lol

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

eTox

Expect success, but prepare to fail.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
So how did it go? What were his answeres?

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
So how did it go? What were his answeres?
Well I learned that
-Human resources are a pain in the butt.

-Your business has to be a sellable asset

-Networking with successful entrepreneurs becomes easier with time as you become more involved in the business world

-Having your radar scanning for opportunities and grabbing them is key
-you can't make it if you think like the "crowd"

- producers make money with consumers and you got to be OK with that if you want to get wealthy.

On a related note, I was with him and a few of his successful friends and learned something very useful.

- Their businesses are not profitable with most products they sell. They break even or even go under, but they make the real cash with one champion product. The rest is pretty much to lure the clients and add value to the experience...

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
- Their businesses are not profitable with most products they sell. They break even or even go under, but they make the real cash with one champion product. The rest is pretty much to lure the clients and add value to the experience...
Now that is interesting. Thanks for sharing.

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Now that is interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah that was very unexpected, but really valuable. All of them agreed on this and gave me concrete examples of how this was applied in their respective field: Automotive, cosmetics, pharmaceutical & communications. The very next day I sat down and started tweaking things.

eTox

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
Yeah that was very unexpected, but really valuable. All of them agreed on this and gave me concrete examples of how this was applied in their respective field: Automotive, cosmetics, pharmaceutical & communications. The very next day I sat down and started tweaking things.

Could you share this with us?

Thank you.

townhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Feb 21, 2012
London
Could you share this with us?

Thank you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_leader

I'm not sure if the following are true, but for example:

Sony makes a loss on the consoles, but makes a profit on selling the games.

Supermarket sells basic/essentials (milk, butter, bread) at a loss, to entice people into the store with the lowest prices.

Basic model car could be a loss maker for Mercedes, but most add the sports upgrade and extras.

eTox

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto

Supermarket sells basic/essentials (milk, butter, bread) at a loss, to entice people into the store with the lowest prices.

Basic model car could be a loss maker for Mercedes, but most add the sports upgrade and extras.

Thank you! This clears it up @townhaus

Sean Haddad

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jun 8, 2016
I was lucky enough to meet someone who is an absolute Fastlaner, MJ's copycat. He even looks and talks the same. And he's a great guy really.

We (I) obviously always end up talking business and it just struck me that you guys could help me ask him the right questions. Here's a brief summary of his journey:

1) Smart, analytic, realistic.
2) Born in a small town from middle class parents.
3) Went to college, thought it was total B.S.
4) Spotted a need/opportunity in a field he absolutely did not care about. Built a company over 10 years that respected the CENTS.
5) Sold the company for a big lump sum when he had to and retired mid 30's
6) Relaxed for a few years (boats & hoes)
7) Started doing some very very profitable and passive things.
6) Now spends his days chilling on his boat and making a few phone calls now and then. My cholesterol levels also went up dramatically just being around him.

Last thing, he never heard about MJ, the book or the forum, but always refers to the same concept, with different words.

So anyways, it's cheat day tomorrow and I told him I would arrive early to annoy him with a bunch of questions before supper, what should ask him?

I know I'm late, but I would have asked how he perservered in a field he had no interest in for 10 years. He must have the patience and discipline of a saint.

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
I know I'm late, but I would have asked how he perservered in a field he had no interest in for 10 years. He must have the patience and discipline of a saint.
He said running a successful business is stimulating enough. Since he based his premise on a Need, he didn't have to rely on passion to kick-start things I guess.. I'll ask him!

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV

Spot on.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.