The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Making at least 3000 Dollars per month!!!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

agent 007

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 19, 2014
BARCELONA
What an amazing blog! I have just discovered it and I am really impressed

My story: I would define myself as a sales star having worked for small companies (in publishing and telecom) and always in leading sales positions. I always made very good money, however, I did not have to develop my entrepreneurial side at all as I was always working for somebody else.

Unfortunately this income stream has dried up since my last company just closed its office in my city. I live in Spain which is suffering the biggest recession ever in its history and has a 28 per cent unemployment rate and now I am at a crossroad at the age of 40 deciding which route to choose. I speak English, Spanish and German at a native level but this on it's own doesn't have any value.

I Want to make at least 2500 Dollars per month!!!

The options are:

1.) JobGetting a normal job in sales and customer care. Its the worst option for me but since options 2 or 3 are yet bring me in any money I might have to go for it as I don't have sufficient funding to survive on thin air for another 6 months. I am totally aware that [I don't want to trade hours for money for a long time] but I need to have some cash flow coming in before I have my own business up and running.

2.) Affiliate MarketingA friend of mine introduced me a year ago to the world of network marketing. And indeed it sounded and still sounds exciting as I can use my passion for sales , negotiating, closing etc... But as many have already pointed out on other threads here it just feels like a normal job without the fixed salary. Practically speaking it just feels what I was doing before just without the fixed salary. Especially as I have decided to call all my leads although the MLM I am in is all online based. (called Empower Network)

I am working my a$$ off doing this MLM but I am starting to lose my patience as I have just signed up one person under me. The only good thing I can say about it so far about it is that I am learning new skills I have never had before. I have learned how to set up word press blogs, generating leads to capture pages, getting leads from craigslist, social media, Facebook marketing, etc.... So, I am pretty proud of this learning curve..... But I am still broke

3.) Day tradingA fascinating world to be in and I would say I am reasonably good at it because doing it I am still surviving!!! People who do this know that this is a challenge that many people never master......But I am still broke

4.) HustlingThe thread on hustling (buying and selling stuff) on craigslist was exciting to read and for a moment I thought I would also love to to this, especially as I love haggling, negotiating, etc..... But luckily with a cool head i have realised that this is crazy. I live in a flat and not a house and i don't want to convert my flat into a second hand store. No way!!! ....haha. Stocking things does not sound appealing. And just buying some iphones and reselling.... Not sure whether this is where the real money lies.

Ecommerce store5.) Having read the millionare mindset book i would obviously love to set up a fastlane business. Mmmm....maybe i could use the skills that I am learning within my MLM to set up my own ecommerce web site, ie dropshipping, This is food for thought.

Flipping Houses6.) Jackie Lange, I will read your ebook about it. Maybe it's an avenue to explore...mmm

Which road would you chose?

Why are many of you fast liners are so against network marketing/MLM? Would love to get some more detailed opinions about it. Is there a good thread on it on this blog?
Any additional ways to explore?
Any concrete ideas?
Thanks a million for any input

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BobbyPenzero

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Nov 28, 2013
Have you actually read the book, the whole way through? MJ talks about MLM in like, 5 chapters.

Bowden

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Sep 29, 2010
TAMPA, FL
When I hear or read people using the term MLM I have a loooonnngggg exxxaaagggggggeeerrratteed YAWN

Why? Time could be better spent elsewhere. Sure you can meet people and all that, but think about the type of people you meet and what you're pitching. Certainly not meeting "fastlane" minded folk, most will want to join something thinking they wont have to do much work. All they have to do is tell their friends on Facebook!

#4 is something you can do right now... today

Develop an eye on what you can resell and you can make more than $2,500 a month.

agent 007

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 19, 2014
BARCELONA
When I hear or read people using the term MLM I have a loooonnngggg exxxaaagggggggeeerrratteed YAWN

Why? Time could be better spent elsewhere. Sure you can meet people and all that, but think about the type of people you meet and what you're pitching. Certainly not meeting "fastlane" minded folk, most will want to join something thinking they wont have to do much work. All they have to do is tell their friends on Facebook!

Develop an eye on what you can resell and you can make more than $2,500 a month.

CSMTAMPA, you made me smile. You are certainly right that MLM leads are certainly not "fastline minded" ....mm ...food for thought
I don´t give up usually....but I will have to re-think my MLM business.

Yes, I probably have to develop for this - again food for thought...thanks
It´s just..the thought of having to stock things....doesn´t seem to be appealing...

ecommerce?
Might be the road...but it probably takes longer

Carrots

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Apr 1, 2013
Texas
You said you were learning valuable stuff in your MLM, right? Why not stick with it and learn some more? It seems you already understand that MLM in itself is not fastlane, but it can aid you.

agent 007

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 19, 2014
BARCELONA
You said you were learning valuable stuff in your MLM, right? Why not stick with it and learn some more? It seems you already understand that MLM in itself is not fastlane, but it can aid you.

I am simply not making enough money...it´s crazy...that´s why I was asking initially ...to listen to others who have or are still active doing MLM
It doesn´t even come to half the salary of a normal job...hence even a normal job would be better paid.
(plus...and we never have talked about it here before..it´s very polarizing...you can easily be called a "scam artist" ..and it simply doesn´t feel good...mildly expressed)

Blueskies4me

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jan 9, 2014
Noblesville, Indiana
There's some good potential for consulting / marketing online services for brick & mortar businesses and then outsourcing the end result through Elance / Fiverr / Guru. Many of the mom & pop shops are still scrambling to keep up in the digital age. Finding the demand and meeting that demand as a middle man can be as lucrative as finding physical products and reselling especially because you don't have inventory and overhead. Build Mobile Apps, Build Facebook / Social Media Systems, Provide Integration with Apps like Open Table... There's a definite "sales" field with just providing access to end product digital systems.

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
Hmm, the trend I have examined is that you have not yet adopted the mindset required for entrepreneurship.

MLM- not fastlane.

Day trading- Not really fastlane, can take ages to get a system going, you don't have much control.

Hustling- You can't be complaining about your house containing stock. You don't need to keep much stock, the name of the game is buying and reselling inventory fast and for a profit. So what you may have a few extra things laying around the house. If you want massive rewards you must be willing to live like noone else will for a short period of time. Your friends will think you are crazy doing this oh so foreign ebay thing, but you won't be the one working 9-5 at the job you hate.

E-commerce- Yes, this can be fastlane. Name of the game is find a profitable product to import/produce, preferably with low competition or little brand dominance. Look for a product with good profit margins, that is easy to handle and ship, and preferably not many moving, breakable parts. Buy in bulk, market them, advertise, target your customers like crazy, sell through various streams such as ebay, amazon, etsy, and your own e-commerce store. The rest will be learned as you go. However you run into your problem where your house will contain inventory as your start up cost should not include storage fees. I'm sure when you see money flowing in you will adapt.

Basically get another job and/or start hustling to make ends meet while creating a controllable business. I would recommend reading a couple more books, there's some great ones listed on the bottom of this forum page. You will quickly learn that if you want to work for yourself, you're aiming to create a business with a massive potential market, or massive margins and a business that is controlled mostly by you. You empower yourself to create your own wage by the effort you put into the business. You also want a business that can be run with very little maintenance or by a team of employees. This is like a broken record but find a need and solve it. This forum and the books mentioned on this forum will get you way ahead of your current position.

Hope this helps a bit.

agent 007

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 19, 2014
BARCELONA
MLM Dilema

There is a saying 'never give up' because high achievers started all over again 10, 20 maybe even 30 times before they succeeded.

So it does make sense and it totally resonates with me. I am also a 'keep going guy' because I hate not succeeding. So, that's why even though I have only recruited 3 people into my MLM so far I am still motivating myself to give 100% of myself to my MLM.

However, after having now read MJ's book and seeing what other ways there are to be an entrepreneur and to make proper money I am questioning the approach I have had so far. It would hurt to give it up, and would hurt to have tried something and not to have succeeded but that is better than never succeeding.

So, here comes the Multi-million dollar question: when does one give up on a venture?

TWR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 20, 2014
North East Scotland
MLM leaves you outwith control, the whole thing could come crashing down at any point, leaving you with nothing but new skills and a large contacts folder.

You have mentioned that you are a sales star and always in leading sales positions but you cannot live past 6 months of zero current income. I'd think with that said, you would not be part of the 28% unemployed, should you choose that route.

Was your sales experience gained in one industry?

If so, could you start a company in that industry doing better than your previous company, using your contacts and new skills. Possibly look at the things that led the previous company to fail and work on that?

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Empower Network
the shittiest online experience in my whole life. a total waste of time, money & energy. all they do is trick beginners into joining until they're left without money. the only people who make any good amount of money (and it is not even consistent, neither do they have much control), are a few leaders they promote to create the impression as if you will make money just by blogging. MJ even tells this on the book :meh: the only good lesson I learned is to stay away from MLM :totalbs:.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
We don't like MLM because it violates entry, control, and (in most cases) time. Anyone can join a MLM, you lack control because you're doing all the work for the top dogs, and it violates time because most of the people you 'recruit' won't sell a damn thing and all you'll get is the commission of selling them materials. Once. (typically)

You seem like you'd do well in MLM, since you are a salesman. But don't ever think it's Fastlane.

agent 007

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 19, 2014
BARCELONA
What would be you suggestion for somebody who is a newbie and wants to get started.

Which one is the safest/easiest one to start? Which one has the greatest potential?

1.) Adult Site / By the way, what products are the best

2.) E-Commerce Store, ie Dropshipping

3.) Clickbank Product – I like your reverse psychology idea....copying a good idea and making it better.

Thanks in advance

Rainer

Blueskies4me

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jan 9, 2014
Noblesville, Indiana
I think what everyone is trying to say is that there are "businesses" out there and then there are fastlane businesses that are super steroid versions of their slowlane competitors, they're broadreaching & trend setting. This isn't about what as much as it is how. Even MLM isn't horrible if you're the guy that reinvents the MLM in such a way that you've got the only MLM supermegastore. Don't look at what but how your sales vision is going to blow away not just the competition but fill a need like no one else has seen. You can do that in any field.

Dennis Steenoven

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Feb 2, 2014
4.) HustlingThe thread on hustling (buying and selling stuff) on craigslist was exciting to read and for a moment I thought I would also love to to this, especially as I love haggling, negotiating, etc..... But luckily with a cool head i have realised that this is crazy. I live in a flat and not a house and i don't want to convert my flat into a second hand store. No way!!! ....haha. Stocking things

Just start something. You'll learn along the way, change course and get to the next better thing.

Last edited:

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
ecommerce?
Might be the road...but it probably takes longer

Don't worry about longer. I know you want income, but try to make helping people the #1 priority and let money flow to you thereafter.

These are simple lessons, but ones that recur around here. I'm eager for a video of the fastlane glee club singing the fastlane song. :)

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
If you like and have experience in MLM, look at what problems/needs people have in getting into them and being successful. then craft a solution and offer it to them. Sell the MLM gold miners, shovels and picks. You'll have a business forever.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Stop asking what "would be best".
Do ANYTHING and do it as hard as you can.
Dedicating 6,000% of your energy to a bad idea will make you more money than seeking opinions about a good idea.

Even the journey of 1,000 miles starts with a single step.

The only possible way for somebody to know what's best is if they had TRIED MLM, and affiliate marketing, and dropshipping, and ebay hustling, and ecommerce, and clickbank, and adult industries.

Pick one, run with it, and time will tell if you chose the best option. If you push hard enough fast enough, you'll learn quickly.

drilonnn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Mar 2, 2014
to be honest youre too old for this shit . I dont want to break your dream sir but youre 40 years old and you cant stay in front of the computer for more than 5 hours . Dont misinterpret me, i hope you make millions but i'm just giving an advice and opinion. GL!

Ajay2390

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Jan 27, 2014
London, UK
Stop asking what "would be best".
Do ANYTHING and do it as hard as you can.
Dedicating 6,000% of your energy to a bad idea will make you more money than seeking opinions about a good idea.

Even the journey of 1,000 miles starts with a single step.

The only possible way for somebody to know what's best is if they had TRIED MLM, and affiliate marketing, and dropshipping, and ebay hustling, and ecommerce, and clickbank, and adult industries.

Pick one, run with it, and time will tell if you chose the best option. If you push hard enough fast enough, you'll learn quickly.

This would be your best move! AND THEN FAIL....AND THEN LEARN!

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
to be honest youre too old for this shit . I dont want to break your dream sir but youre 40 years old and you cant stay in front of the computer for more than 5 hours . Dont misinterpret me, i hope you make millions but i'm just giving an advice and opinion. GL!

"Hi guys im new here and as far as i've read the forum i got a good impression about it. I hope i meet some nice people too."
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/hello.50793/

You sure aren't acting like you want to meet some nice people.

Last edited by a moderator:

OzGrinder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Dont misinterpret me, i hope you make millions but i'm just giving an advice and opinion.
The guy didn't even say he wanted to make millions, he wants to make at least $2500 a month... I don't think I've ever seen a more achievable goal posted on here ever.

Have you considered moving? You speak fluent German and English so that opens up doors to economies that are much healthier at the moment.

Healthy economies hold better financial opportunities whether they be fastlane or slowlane. It's much easier to sell to people that actually have the money to buy.

Disobey

following breadcrumbs
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Feb 18, 2014
Luxembourg

Hey kiddo, ever eated at KFC?

Ever heard of Colonel Harland Sanders?

At the age of 65 he was a broke old fart. Yet he died a multimillionaire in 1980. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonel_Sanders

I don't know, maybe the OP is "too old for this shit", but as of now, YOU are too IMMATURE for it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.