The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lord of the Sties: Anwar Faisal ... worst customer service ever, highest profits?

robotunicr0n

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 16, 2013
http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/article/2013/12/31/anwar-faisal-worst-landlord-boston/

Just reading through this and it amazes me that he manages to stay in business with such terrible customer service. I think there is a fairly strong precedent here that customer service is what wins, so it's interesting to see someone technically succeeding with the worst customer service I've ever seen. It pretty much amounts to "Oh, you have a problem with the bed bugs and dog sized rats in your new apartment? I'll see you in court."

What are your thoughts on why he is successful? Do you think he would be making MORE money if his customer service was top notch? If it's this easy to be shitty at customer service and still make money, why put the effort in to have excellent customer service? (Note, these are "food for thought" questions, not me being ignorant :). I will share my answers after the discussion has gone for a bit).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Halffull

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 25, 2012
He has a large supply of a scarce resource that is in high demand, and he charges low prices for it.

He can afford to have shitty customer service. The whole notion of "How can he succeed with shitty customer service?" shows a simplistic understanding of business that doesn't square with real life. You have to look at the whole system, and not just one of the moving parts, in order to understand why businesses succeed and fail.

robotunicr0n

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 16, 2013
As I pointed out in my OP I am playing devil's advocate on ignorance for the sake of conversation.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.