The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Limitless: The Movie

Rain

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Apr 5, 2011
Is anyone here familiar with the (excellent) movie Limitless?

(If not, Wikipedia has you covered, but may contain spoilers -- just a fair warning: Limitless - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

So basically, the main character takes a superdrug that unleashes 100% of his mind's capacity, which is very significant since the average mind generally operates on ~20% of its full potential.

During this time, he gets a lot of shit done... to say the least. I won't go into the storyline because (a) if you've seen it, you know what's up, and (b) if you haven't seen it, you are welcome to spoil it for yourself via Wikipedia, though I highly recommend watching it anyway if only for entertainment purposes.

He doesn't cure AIDS or cancer, or develop the first spaceship that travels at the speed of light, or invent time travel; while the movie is pretty crazy, it's not quite that crazy. Instead, the drug simply allows him to become insanely productive, enabling him to earn millions of dollars through business (mostly finance, in his case), and eventually landing him a prominent position in politics.

Now, regarding the purpose of this thread, it's clear that such a drug does not actually exist (at least, to my knowledge). But it's an interesting thought to think about.

Hypothetically, if this drug existed without side effects (yes, it's definitely hypothetical now), and you decided to take it, what do you think you would begin doing? And if you're already doing it, what would you do differently? (We can always improve whatever it is we are doing.)

If you are already capable of executing new actions, or implementing changes to what you are currently doing in order to become more productive, why are you waiting for a "miracle pill" to serve as a catalyst for moving to the next level... or next 10 levels?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

cants

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 10, 2011
If the drug existed in real life I will be a pro boxer, fight 20 good boxers and beat pacquiao for $5M guaranteed and get $20 for the rematch. Then invest the money in the stock market and easily make a $200M. But of course, it aint gonna happen :)

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
I actually own a company that sells something very close to that drug.

You can PM me for a free sample.

HA! Just kidding I really do not :seeya:

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
It's the movie version of adderall, the only difference is that you don't get that much actually done on adderall, it just feels like you do or at least that's what my friends tell me ;)

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Just finished watching it.

I would build enoumous wealth initialy via the stockmarket using my new found talent and buy out one giant company after another and take over the world.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I dont believe you, but if you do have some ill take it.

Nomangee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
May 11, 2012
Germany
Actually they are drugs to stay focused, get more done in a specific time and stay awake and so on....

It's not quite absurd that you can produce such a drug like this, not with this 100% mind capacity, but with an increase of productivity.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Actually they are drugs to stay focused, get more done in a specific time and stay awake and so on.....

True, lots of drugs can be helpful, however, just like steroids could be helpful to someone, they can also damage your body if abused or misused

It's not quite absurd that you can produce such a drug like this, not with this 100% mind capacity, but with an increase of productivity.

Unfortunately, it is a myth that we only use 10 or 20% of our brain, in actuality, every action requires a certain amount of brain activity to accomplish and we can't overload that capacity because some actions require more than others, there is never a constant % of our brain being used

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
The Drug does exist!
Everyone has it.
Whatever that motivates you is the drug.
Take it everyday, find ways to motivate yourself daily.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
The Drug does exist!
Everyone has it.
Whatever that motivates you is the drug.
Take it everyday, find ways to motivate yourself daily.

Haha nice man!

That was so cheesy. Like a Jim Rohn quote lol.

:thumbup::D

joona

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 1, 2011
Budapest, Hungary
The movie is really cool and I like it a lot.

If I'd have that kind of "superpowers" I would spend most of my time studying human mind and behavior, at least initially. If you really know how people think/make decisions almost anything in life becomes a lot easier. Sure, you can never understand it 100% but I believe a high percentage is possible.

After mastering human psychology, I would use that info to grow my own business selling high end services and training targeted at business owners.

And yes, I am kinda on this path already (putting more effort on the business part at the moment).

Stayer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Feb 27, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
I remember as a student in Russia I used to take Nootropil - it's a non prescription drug that enhances your brain activity. Usually students are recommended this drug during exam preparation time. It does make you mind sharper, although, you do feel drained after the effect wears off. For some reason, the movie reminded me of this drug when I watched it.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
an hour and a half long adderall commercial.

The 20% thing is silly though, we use 100% of our brains, just different portions at different times. You wouldnt want 100% of your mind running because you would feel every emotion at the same time. I think brain research is awesome, hopefully one day they will start unlocking how it works and how to train it to work even better.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.