The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kindle eBook or PDF Info Product...

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

dreamer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Apr 1, 2012
California
Hi guys,

I'm currently in the process of writing a book in the "mental health" niche on a very specific topic. SO specific, I haven't seen ANY info products either on clickbank, JVzoo, or any other digital product marketplace related to what I'm writing about.

Anyway I was wondering if I should sell it as a kindle ebook, or turn it into a PDF and sell it on JVzoo or Clickbank for a much higher price. (Kindle I would sell for $2.99, elsewhere as a PDF I'd probably sell it for between $7-$15)

I already belong to a facebook group of over 15k people who are in this specific niche, AND I got the admin's approval to be able to promote my ebook in her group when I'm finished
smilies_smile.png

So which route should I go? Or should I do both? But then I don't want the people who bought my PDF for $7 to figure out later they could have easily have bought it for $2.99 on their kindle.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
Do the pdf version first, get some affiliates behind you and let them push it for you, give them 50%-75% cut (I know it seems steep) but you'll be collecting lists for marketing future products in the same niche. Then when that is dying down release it on amazon.

dreamer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Apr 1, 2012
California
Thanks! What price point do you think I should go for? It's a straight to the point, almost bullet point Non-fiction eBook that's about 25-30 pages... I figured too long to call it a "report" but it's a pretty short eBook. I have no idea what to price it at. I'm kind of worried if I price it too high, the owner of the group I want to promote it in won't let me :/ (Because I originally had told her I was creating an eBook for kindle to sell at $2.99_

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
It depends on what you think it's worth. I'd price it at 17.99 on Jvzoo or clickbank with a downsell to 12.99 or something like that. Then make videos to go along with it and upsell the people who buy for another $7.99.

After you have all that in place, show the owner of the facebook group the sales page for 17.99 and tell them you're going to give everyone in the group a discount. Then link them to their "special page" for $7.99. Tell them it's an exclusive price just for that group and not to share it. Because it is and it will make them feel special which will add value to what you're offering.

dreamer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Apr 1, 2012
California
Rep points transferred @liquidglass what a great idea I'm totally going to do this! AND I have the perfect downsell too! It's been awhile since I've seen a product funnel so forgive me for asking, but do people only see my downsell if they choose NOT to buy, or do they get directed to my downsell after they buy also? Thanks!

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
Great question. The downsell occurs when they try to leave the page, so if they click X to exit then it pops up an offer to give them a discount, which will give you a higher conversion rate.

The upsell to another product occurs after they buy the first one.

Mr. Thomas

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Feb 15, 2014
It would be cool to hear what your topic is, I too have a very intimate experience in a very specific topic pertaining to the mental health field. I have long felt the need to write about it because it is such a devastating condition and is rarely truly defeated, yet it is largely overlooked by the masses. It would be more of an effort to help others than it would be for me to make money....which is a recipe for great success on both fronts i know.

Keep it up, millions could benefit and they would have you to thank!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.