The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

It's Possible

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Hey everyone, this is my first post here so I would like to introduce myself. My name is Andrew, just turned 25 years old today, and I am currently living Charlotte, NC. After receiving a Bachelors degree in Political Science and then eventually a Master's degree, I have found myself unable to find a job in my chosen "slow lane" career field. In the line of work that I want to be in, many times I go up against 150 other applicants (and after calling back to see why I didn't get hired, I found out often times I was placed in the top 10 applicants for the spot...which still didn't land me the job).

6/27/2014 - Today was the last day of my day job, and I have a profitable business that allows me to be free to live where I want.

Before I read The Millionaire Fastlane , I had almost no desire to go into business. The above quote was my first post on this forum November 14, 2011. I had no clue what I was doing at the time.

To anybody out there who has not read the book yet: Buy it now and read it - It will change your life for the better. The price tag is a small price to pay if you want to be successful: http://www.amazon.com/dp/0984358102/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Anybody who has read it and may be struggling: Keep pushing forward, and you WILL be successful. It is possible to go from broke and living with your parents, to being free. ANYTHING is possible.

I've told you before, but thank you again MJ for publishing this book and creating this forum (and all the others on here - you know who you are).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Start looking for solutions, instead of problems:

I could have probably quit my job a few months ago, but I decided to create a bunch of problems in my mind to stop me from taking this step sooner. One of them was that I would lose my employer's health insurance.

In under 15 minutes, a quick google search resulted in me finding, and being approved for a health insurance plan for under $50 a month... That wasn't so bad.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Congrats Andrew. I think what's impressive is that you NEVER wanted to be an entrepreneur-- it wasn't even on your radar until you read Fastlane. Usually that kind of disposition is tougher to fight through. It also serves as a great example that you don't need to be "born an entrepreneur" to be an entrepreneur.

Last edited:

leveragehacker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 28, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Could you enlighten us as to the specific kind of business that enabled you to live out the fastlane approach?

Judging by your signature my first guess would be selling information - ie ebooks through amazon?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Usually that kind of disposition is tougher to fight through. It also serves as a great example that you don't need to be "born an entrepreneur" to be an entrepreneur.

Could you enlighten us as to the specific kind of business that enabled you to live out the fastlane approach?
Judging by your signature my first guess would be selling information - ie ebooks through amazon?

It's not a specific business that will allow you to be fastlane, it is your mindset. In the last 2 months, my mindset has completely shifted.

@MJ DeMarco -You are correct. In my experience/opinion - that mindset shift is the most important thing for anybody who was not 'born entrepreneur'. Seeing close friends from this forum go from nothing to a really successful business in a matter of months, made it real...because I witnessed them before and throughout their transformation, and not just seeing them afterwords - such as yourself, zen, jack, etc. Seeing one specific person on here go through that journey was my 'holy $hit, it is really possible' moment and was my first major mindset shift. NLP and studying energy has been a springboard in the last 3 weeks specifically. I can talk about how that landed me 2 publishing partnerships in the last 2 hours in another post...

Here is an example of my mindset shift:

Start seeing things that have always been there all along.

Just last week, I had the opportunity to speak one-on-one with the CEO of a $2 Billion company (the CEO of my old day job). In the parking lot after work, I told him it was my last week at the company and that I was moving to Boulder, CO and focus on my business full time. @JasonR gave me a piece of advice just a few days before that it is better to 'give give give', instead of 'take take take', so I asked the CEO ONE question....

I asked him if he ever studied NLP (neuro-linguistic-programming), because I took a practitioner training the month before and I think some of the skills learned could help him have more success. He said no, but was interested in hearing more. Conversation ended, and I went home for the day. That night I spent over half an hour going through my training guide and outlining the pieces of information that could help him for his job. I sent him an email with all this information, hoping for some valuable lesson from a big CEO, in return, but wasn't expecting it. It made me feel good to just help others :)

The next morning, he replied "Thanks. Good luck on your Boulder endevour"

That was all he said.

There are 2 MILLION bits of information coming at us every second. We only absorb about 150 bits (give or take).

Lesson: Re-frame your focus on WHICH 150 bits of information you pay attention to, and your mindset will flip upside down for the better. There is a valuable lesson to be learned from EVERY encounter in your life. Which information are you paying attention to? Did you see the tremendous lesson this CEO from a $2 Billion company taught me? I did. Re-read the sentence right now.

Old mindset: Wow, I wasted 30 minutes and got nothing in return...

New mindset: When he acknowledged that he remembered our conversation about me moving to Boulder, and wishing me luck there... I got an amazing feeling inside that he truly cared about me...It was the same feeling you get when people call you by your name throughout a conversation. I have a huge level of respect for him because he made me feel good.

The lesson he taught me was to acknowledge to others that I listen to them and care about them. This will leave a long lasting-positive interaction with me in their mind. I made them feel like nobody else has throughout the day. By doing so, I will have an amazing trait about me that will lead to my success.

Which bits of information are you looking at? Consider seeing the answer that is already there.

@leveragehacker - I just answered your question... are you still looking for the wrong answer? Hope that helps :)

omar

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jul 16, 2013
It's not a specific business that will allow you to be fastlane, it is your mindset. In the last 2 months, my mindset has completely shifted.
NLP and studying energy has been a springboard in the last 3 weeks specifically. I can talk about how that landed me 2 publishing partnerships in the last 2 hours in another post...

@AndrewNC do you have any book recommendations on NLP and energy? I've been hearing a lot about NLP. I want to learn more.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
@AndrewNC do you have any book recommendations on NLP and energy? I've been hearing a lot about NLP. I want to learn more.
A book is not going to teach you anywhere near the same level that a live training will. The 'book' that i have is the 200 page training binder they gave me from the course I went through. Mainly used as a reference.

The below link has 2 upcoming sessions for $97 in september and october. I took this one because they were in Phoenix while I am living here, and it was $97. Other members from here have gone through longer trainings for $3,000-$4,000 and they get their own level of results.

http://www.nlp.com/register/

I would prefer a training over a book any day. I got invited to a business mastermind group and opened up my life to new people/experiences because of the people I met there.

omar

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jul 16, 2013
Oh yeah a live training probably trumps a book any day. Thanks for all that info also. I didn't see anything in the NYC area. I want to first just get my feet wet. I love books too so if you recommend anything let me know.

A book is not going to teach you anywhere near the same level that a live training will. The 'book' that i have is the 200 page training binder they gave me from the course I went through. Mainly used as a reference.

The below link has 2 upcoming sessions for $97 in september and october. I took this one because they were in Phoenix while I am living here, and it was $97. Other members from here have gone through longer trainings for $3,000-$4,000 and they get their own level of results.

http://www.nlp.com/register/

I would prefer a training over a book any day. I got invited to a business mastermind group and opened up my life to new people/experiences because of the people I met there.

RoadTrip

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2012

Check out the books of Steven Covey. He is one of the better known NLP gurus, unfortunately he passed away not too long ago. Also look for his audio books

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
This is awesome, thanks a million for sharing.

Congratulations!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
The Power of NLP

Do you think it takes 21 days to break a habit, or a lifetime to change your beliefs? With an NLP routine, you can do it in less than 10 seconds....or (in this case) 15 minutes over skype from another country. A big thanks to @zen******* for introducing me to NLP.

[12:15:47 PM] Fastlaner: For example, I have a bad habit of thinking that the only way to do things is to get a job in a trade and live a life of mediocrity and I'll completely drop my aspiration to build a very successful business
[12:16:11 PM] Fastlaner: I want what I've learned from the fastlane forum and book to stick wtih me for good
[12:17:06 PM] Fastlaner: I see myself tired and depressed

..Goes through NLP limiting belief script...

[12:32:51 PM] Andrew: Now what do you believe? Why do you believe you have this new belief?
[12:33:26 PM] Fastlaner: I believe that I have within me what it takes to achieve great success and share it
[12:33:39 PM] Fastlaner: it doesnt even feel like a dream, but rather a part of reality

Here is a nice video of seeing a different NLP technique in action.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I do it all the time. It is just whether people know about it or not. Glad you do. :) For those that don't believe in that stuff yes it takes 21 days because their fighting and struggling against it. In other words resistant to change. Also depends on if you believe that it will work. If you don't believe you can change it, you won't change it. It's that simple. My spiritual mentor and Teacher did this with me every time I talked to her. You just don't talk about the problem. You co-create or create. It felt kind of mean at first, but I get why she did it.

Reason being if your dwelling in the past and problems all the time you're not doing anything but blocking yourself from success. The problem you think you have isn't really a problem.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Untitled-1.png

Just over one week in - Sales down 4%, unexpected $1,000 repair bill... but I only view those as 'tests from the universe' to see if I deserve to make it to where I want to be, or give up and go back and get a job.

It served as motivation to have 11 more apps developed in the week since I stopped having the day job... more than I did in the previous month an a half combined.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
or give up and go back and get a job.

Getting a job is not giving up. It's just a setback.

Congrats on being productive. I know when a lot of folks quit their jobs and see all this time in their lap, they don't apply themselves.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
photo-18.JPG photo-18 copy.JPG

To anybody who is looking to 'escape their environment', but think's it's difficult without a lot of money... Its never has hard as your mind plays it out to be: $159 + Starbucks to move my entire life to another state
a) $90 for 2 tanks of gas
b) $69 for hotel room one night
+ c) starbucks

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Congrats Andrew!

After seeing your dedication and motivation through the fitness mastermind group it is awesome to see it paid off. I appreciate you sharing your story, onwards and upwards!

- Sam

Ajay2390

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Jan 27, 2014
London, UK
Great video that relates to what this forum is about - Starts getting into business in 1993. It pays off in 2013.

I honestly look at this guy as a Mentor! Absolutely amazing content which he produces and exercises. I'm also happy that people on this forum watch his vids as well :)

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
How To Create Internalized Superhuman Productivity

On July 9th, I was packing my car for a 14 hour move to Colorado. As soon as I finished emptying out my apartment in Scottsdale, AZ, Apple calls me saying I have to do 100+ updates to my entire app portfolio, or else they would take them down...they gave me 14 days (100% my source of income - Somehow the Commandment of control becomes more real in scenarios like this.. @MJ DeMarco ).

I got settled in at my new apartment in Boulder, CO with a little over a week to spare...The day of the deadline, I finished all the updates, and magically the next day I see my sales have tripled. Lesson from the universe- Hit the ground running, and don't screw around and get comfortable.

I see bursts of productivity like this when external events like this happen.

I'd be interested to hear anybody who has internalized this level of productivity regardless of external forces.

For some reason I feel the need to tag @SteveO in this question - sounds like a topic very similar to previous postings of yours...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Other lessons I learned in the last week

1- Meetup.com - AMAZING way to meet new people with similar interests. Made great friends with people who enjoy hiking the mountains as much as I do.. I also went to an entrepreneur meetup at a local brewery..and while drinking and having a good time, I met two freelance writers who I can help bring work to related to my business, one photographer that I may hire for some product photos, and a cool product owner in the space that I work in who I can help setup an online store for.... This website is great even if you're not new to a city.

memountain.jpg

2- Your language patterns affect your mindset - I stated in my last message that "I HAVE TO do 100+ updates". I was talking to another enlightened entrepreneur from http://www.theundesk.com/ who picked up on the way I phrased this. By stating "I was given the OPPORTUNITY TO...", my words change my beliefs for the positive... It's making unfamiliar things seem not so bad anymore. :)

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
For some reason I feel the need to tag @SteveO in this question - sounds like a topic very similar to previous postings of yours...

I read this thread as a result of the tag. Thanks. It is very enlightening.

I practice my mindset through meditation and listening to myself. I am also working to move past assigning blame to anyone including myself. There is no blame. Everything that happens in our life is a product that we have created. It is not good or bad, we simply have experiences.

This requires understanding our belief systems have driven us our entire lives. I work to understand why I get angry, jealous, sad etc... Once I understand why, I can start letting these things go.

I agree with you 100% that when we say what we think, we are lending energy to that pattern. Reprogramming our thought processes will lead to a whole new perception. Perception is what drives our experience in this world.

Last edited:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I read this thread as a result of the tag. Thanks. It is very enlightening.
I practice my mindset through meditation and listening to myself. I am also working to move past assigning blame to anyone including myself. There is no blame. Everything that happens in our life is a product that we have created. It is not good or bad, we simply have experiences.
This requires understanding our belief systems have driven us our entire lives. I work to understand why I get angry, jealous, sad etc... Once I understand why, I can start letting these things go.
I agree with you 100% that when we say what we think, we are lending energy to that pattern. Reprogramming our thought processes will lead to a whole new perception. Perception is what drives our experience in this world.

Thanks for the reply! Great point about not even blaming yourself, and just viewing it as an experience... that is a deep one. Definitely in tune with reprogramming your perceptions.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.