The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is Rutgers Respected Nationally?

Knowledge Kick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jan 16, 2009
New Jersey
Hey Fellow Fastlaners,

On top of my entrepreneurial efforts, I also attend school full-time as a a learning tool, networking tool and let's face it...a back up plan in case all else fails. I know that we have a diverse user base here from all over the country. The members here are also involved in various types of businesses and many of them have valuable industry insight and experience. That being said, I just wanted to hear your opinion on my situation.

I'm currently a Finance major at Rutgers. I might also graduate with a minor in Computer Science. However, I want to move to either Florida, Arizona or California. I'm wondering if Rutgers is respected in the business world nationally. Of course, the northeast is very competitive because of the Ivy League schools here and big cities. Does anyone have any insight into this? Salaries, competition, etc. references would be very helpful. Would I fair better in the new states than I would in my home state of New Jersey?

Any tips on where you would move if you were me?

A lot of us have probably read MJ's tale of leaving Chicago and I'm in a similar situation. I want the sunshine! :coolgleamA:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Knowledge Kick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jan 16, 2009
New Jersey
Thanks Ryan. #105 in the whole world is a pretty good ranking. Good luck getting into MIT, that's awesome. I'm hoping someone here who has been in charge of hiring people can give their perspective on the hiring process and if schools from the east "seem better" in different parts of the country. Obviously there are great schools all over the country but one of my professors was telling me out west a lot of people think Rutgers is a really great school (better than it really is). I was just wondering if there was any truth to this.

alankong

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Feb 21, 2011
New Jersey
wow alright..go RU! i'm a rutgers alumni and that's awesome theyre 105. hey knowledgekick..i went to rutgers for accounting..so let me know if u may have any questions!

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
As a fellow NJ'er myself, I reccomend getting the hell out of here and following the sun! This state sucks! LOL :rofl:

In the coming years, I will definitely be making the move to warmer climates. Whether that is Arizona, California, Florida, the Carolina's, etc. I'm not sure yet. But in 28 years I have had more than enough snow, and I cannot wait to leave NJ.

SKM430

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 22, 2010
My friend from undergrad is doing his post-bacc @ Rutgers before he applies to med school, seems like a great school.

Knowledge Kick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jan 16, 2009
New Jersey
As a fellow NJ'er myself, I reccomend getting the hell out of here and following the sun! This state sucks! LOL :rofl:

In the coming years, I will definitely be making the move to warmer climates. Whether that is Arizona, California, Florida, the Carolina's, etc. I'm not sure yet. But in 28 years I have had more than enough snow, and I cannot wait to leave NJ.

I definitely hear that Mike. Which state are you leaning towards most? I want the nice weather but I also want a place that is up and coming where I can make money. I'm leaning toward the Phoenix/Tempe/Scottsdale area but I'm not 100% yet.

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
Snooki gave a speech there. So there goes the credibility.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.