The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is a free college worth it?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Hegezulu

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 16, 2024
Hello, I’m 17 years old and from Finland.
It’s starting to be time for me to decide what I will do after my finnish equivalent of high school ends.
As you may know, Finland is known for a high quality educational system and free schooling.
Here is my question, should I go to a business oriented college, since it’s free and high quality, or am I still better off not going.
I know colleges are a bit weird in the states because of the their price, but does it being free make it a viable option if I want to live the fastlane.
When I’m done with college and mandatory army I would be about 21-22 years old for reference.
Thank you for reading, I would love to hear your feedback!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
It’s starting to be time for me to decide what I will do after my finnish equivalent of high school ends.
As you may know, Finland is known for a high quality educational system and free schooling.
Here is my question, should I go to a business oriented college, since it’s free and high quality, or am I still better off not going.
I know colleges are a bit weird in the states because of the their price, but does it being free make it a viable option if I want to live the fastlane.
When I’m done with college and mandatory army I would be about 21-22 years old for reference.
Yes it is worth it. Study computer engineering and apply for work visa to intern in Nvidia.

Hardwares dudes will rule the world.

Hegezulu

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 16, 2024
Yes it is worth it. Study computer engineering and apply for work visa to intern in Nvidia.

Hardwares dudes will rule the world.
That sounds good, I would like to start my own company though, would it still be worth it?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
That sounds good, I would like to start my own company though, would it still be worth it?
My previous reply was a bit tongue in cheek.

Sure keep the dream alive.

Going to school does not stop you from being a business owner next time.

Hegezulu

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 16, 2024
My previous reply was a bit tongue in cheek.

Sure keep the dream alive.

Going to school does not stop you from being a business owner next time.
I might be bad as sarcasm, so hardware guys wont rule the world?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I might be bad as sarcasm, so hardware guys wont rule the world?
I think they will. Because the software boom in the past was kind of riding on the hardware development earlier. We sort of reached peak software today where we are almost running out of things to be automated and moving businesses from offline to online.

But one does not necessarily have to follow the “consensus”. You might have your own interest.

Hegezulu

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 16, 2024
I think they will. Because the software boom in the past was kind of riding on the hardware development earlier. We sort of reached peak software today where we are almost running out of things to be automated and moving businesses from offline to online.

But one does not necessarily have to follow the “consensus”. You might have your own interest.
Ok I understand now, thank you :D

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 8, 2019
A degree is only worthwhile if your future skills are in demand. Anything related to medicine, law or engineering has a higher entry level, but it also depends on your local job market.

I don't know how it is in Finland, but the big universities usually have start-up incubator programs for their students. There you can meet like-minded people and start your own business with additional help from people with excellent knowledge in your field - for free.

Above all, if your academic education is free, you should take advantage of the opportunity, and if it doesn't meet your expectations, it was still free.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.