The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction, About Me

Spartan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Mar 3, 2014
Over Christmas break I asked for and received a copy of The Millionaire Fastlane . You could say that it was my way of confessing to my parents (both Slowlaners) that I wanted to be more than a college student studying engineering in order to make someone else rich. After 3 days, I had finished the book, and I can honestly say that it has changed my life.

During my high school years, I was a smart kid on a path to nowhere. Although I received great grades (One of the top GPAs at my school), was a great athlete, and very funny, I always was held back by what I didn't have. At the time, I believed I could never be social, have a muscular physique, build businesses, and you name it. I believed these to be permanent disadvantages that kept me from becoming a true asset to society. Needless to say, I lacked a lot of confidence.

About a year ago, everything changed when I discovered a blog called boldanddetermined.com. After reading some of the author's posts, I started to realize that all of these "disadvantages" were areas in my life that just needed conscious effort to fix. I decided to tell myself that all of these ways I put myself down were just methods to justify my lack of effort to change them. Almost immediately after this realization, I began to change. I went from working out 2 times per week and getting no results to working out with a definite purpose 6 times per week at 5AM. About 5 months later when I came back from college, I had transformed myself from a 140lb 6'2" weakling to a 175lb heavy lifter. People could not believe how much different I looked and acted.

Fast forward. At college, I realized that I had a lot of free time. At first, I had no idea what to do with it. Previously, I believed that being a mechanical engineering major would suck all of my time into thin air. A few weeks later, I began to read about famous entrepreneurs such as Mark Zuckerberg that started extremely successful businesses during their college years. Soon after I discovered the book The Millionaire Fastlane .

The Millionaire Fastlane got me addicted to the concept of owning my own business. When I arrived back at college this January, I viewed things very differently. I realized that most people around me at college were on the path to a slowlane for the rest of their lives. In no way did I want to be one of these Slowlaners. At that point, I told myself if I didn't became an entrepreneurial success, I was a failure in life. This led me to the Fastlane Forums. I want to learn from you, and I hope that you guys will have something to learn from my experiences as well. Glad to be a part of the community now!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

openminded790

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jul 30, 2013
Good realizations and props to you for discovering this early!

When I discovered this and quit my job to pursue the fastlane, everyone around me were so negative, (ALL slowlaners). It's good forums like this exist, proof to me that I'm not the only crazy one haha

Good luck :)

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Welcome to the forum, now that you're in, read...read...read. Lot's of gold nuggets around! :)
Best of luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...