The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm totally broke; what can I do? Need advice

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If only someone wrote a few books on the exact struggles you're having, and continue having.

Count the # of times "I" is written...
Count the # of times the word "value" is written...

This is why you have 20 losses and 0 wins.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hello, I'm feeling totally broke... I really want to start my own business or start freelancing (I just want to work on my own). For about 2 years, I tried different types of business, side hustles, and freelancing. I tried e-commerce: firstly, I tried drop-shipping with organic TikTok and social media marketing - 0 results. After that, I tried to buy stock and resell products, also using free marketing strategies. I did it for 4–5 months but got only 5 maximum orders. After that, I tried freelancing. I have average web development skills (WordPress, WooCommerce/HTML+CSS+JS). I had created my own website, had portfolio with at least 5 examples. As a main marketing source, I used cold mailing. For every 200–300 emails I sent, I got maybe 1 feedback, and very rarely, it was positive. I did it for about 6 months and got only 3 clients (for a very low price, because no one wanted to pay the normal price, even though I'm from Europe).

Basically, I have tried drop-shipping, stocking products and selling them, and freelancing as a web developer, but without results. Maybe I have done something wrong, maybe bad marketing, but I really tried to read forums, search information on the internet, view videos, and use all the tips, but still, no bigger results...
I'm thinking, what can I do? What can I try? I can also invest some money (not very much) in an idea, but for now, I don't have any more ideas. I'm thinking about going back to web developing, but isn't it oversaturated? It looks like there are a lot of "web developers" who can do websites for $50...

I'm looking for advice. What can I try now? I can put in a lot of time and effort, and I'm not looking for very much money; I just want to have activity, which can replace 8–17 work. As I said, I have some experience in e-commerce and web developing. Also, I'm able to learn something new.
You can search for Lex Deville’s posts here. He has posted many workable ideas on small business and hustles.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
If only someone wrote a few books on the exact struggles you're having, and continue having.

Count the # of times "I" is written...
Count the # of times the word "value" is written...

This is why you have 20 losses and 0 wins.
Have you considered a forum where people could find help or maybe authoring some books / doing podcasts / having social media platform? Chop chop, MJ. Maybe try helping some people. lol

@ThomasGenk1 'Provide VALUE and you will never want'. Turn $1 into $2. Start a progress thread and talk it through. You got this!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

goldminer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 19, 2024
i am not rich yet nor successful
but i am following a book called - the one thing

"be like a postage stamp
stick to one thing until u get there"

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
May 24, 2021
i am not rich yet nor successful
but i am following a book called - the one thing

"be like a postage stamp
stick to one thing until u get there"
@goldminer How is the book going?
Re sticking to one thing....I have been seeing this a lot lately.
I have this question at the back of my mind - How do we know the one thing will work? How long do we stick with this one thing?
I mean we could go years.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.