The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm Switching Lanes

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
What advertising medium have you gotten the best results with? Are you using google product ads?

100% Facebook advertising. There is sooooo much volume on Facebook, it's ridiculous.

Z - working out outsourcing production at the moment (so tired of making these LOL). I'll give you a call about the Merchant Account next week. Thanks man!

Kyle - I have a new product I want to put on Amazon. I'm an amazon newbie, so I may need your help. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

putinwork

Read -> PUT.IN.WORK
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Apr 11, 2013
Toronto
Great thread!

I've been so busy getting ready for the holiday season -specifically black friday and cyber monday but I had to take a look at this thread since a few friends mentioned it.

How did you start off by testing the market? Ebay? Amazon? Or strictly your own e-commerce website?

Thanks for giving me some extra juice to keep pushing through!!!

D

DeletedUser2

Jason, you can also ping our "amazon group" we started in house. 10 people, doing it every day, sharing what works, and kickign butt.. BTW, Cody is our merchant account guy, and in the amazon group. you may get 2 for 1 there :)

deff bug KAK tho too!

Z

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
How did you start off by testing the market? Ebay? Amazon? Or strictly your own e-commerce website?

I'm selling my own product on my own store. I actually "manufacture" the product myself. Strictly Facebook and my own e-commerce store right now, with the exception of a couple Google and Bing branding campaigns.

Z - will ping them!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Jason good stuff. Skype me up about AZ. I may ask for some FB tips.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
My roommates told me to post this. Shipping Labels (Yes Z, working on kicking this thing off the balcony). LOL

Please pay close attention to TheTruth's sexy calves (and socks). 0 F*cks given.

[video=youtube;rqoihagUiy0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqoihagUiy0[/video]

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
lol!

You almost gave me a papercut on my leg, when rolling out that 1976 print label job.

My roommates told me to post this. LOL

Please pay close attention to TheTruth's sexy calves (and socks). 0 F*cks given.

[video=youtube;rqoihagUiy0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqoihagUiy0[/video]

Genium

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jan 6, 2013

eglassman88

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Feb 17, 2013
Awesome progress, Jason! You're killing it. If you don't mind me asking, what industry / niche are you involved in?

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
What industry / niche are you involved in?

I'm in the pet niche (mainly dogs/cats). I've only targeted dog owners so far, but have even sold a few to horse owners. LOL

eglassman88

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Feb 17, 2013
LOL awesome! Keep it up and wishing you even more success in the future!

I'm in the pet niche (mainly dogs/cats). I've only targeted dog owners so far, but have even sold a few to horse owners. LOL

mzee99

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Apr 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
F*ck I love threads like this one, they get me so pumped up!!!!

Quick question:
What was the hardest part in building your business? Was it getting traffic and buyers, coming up with the product, or anything else?

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
What was the hardest part in building your business? Was it getting traffic and buyers, coming up with the product, or anything else?

All of the above. But, once you know to do it once, your next deal is easier.

In my opinion: find a big market, develop a product for that market, find a way to market these people. Profit.

E-Commerce Drop Shipping will be dead soon. Creating your own products and building a brand will never be dead.

Hope this thread helps and inspires people. I want to see people do well and kick a$$.

brycer9

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jan 21, 2013
All of the above. But, once you know to do it once, your next deal is easier.

In my opinion: find a big market, develop a product for that market, find a way to market these people. Profit.

E-Commerce Drop Shipping will be dead soon. Creating your own products and building a brand will never be dead.

Hope this thread helps and inspires people. I want to see people do well and kick a$$.

Jason, I'm curious why will drop shipping be dead?

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Jason, I'm curious why will drop shipping be dead?

Amazon is the 800 lb gorilla, and is taking over for reselling other people's products. Best Buy and other big box stars are starting to partner with an unknown (to me) company offering additional items online (i.e. a shitload) on their websites that you won't find in there store. They are doing this to compete against Amazon. Ever heard someone call Best Buy an Amazon showroom?

There has always been less money in dropshipping. Why? Well, how much value are you really adding? Anyone can set up a website and start someone else's products. Setting up an e-commerce is easier than it ever was. It's a decent way to get your feet wet in e-commerce, but it isn't 2003 any more. When you're dropshipping, you have very little control, and in my opinion it violates CENTS.

When you build your own brand by importing your own products, creating your own products, etc. you have complete control. You can then use Amazon, eBay etc. to sell your own brand. It's much harder to compete with you when you OWN the product. You're adding a lot more value, you're innovating. A product doesn't need a major innovation need to work. Hell, my product has been around forever, I just have a very unique twist on and I found a way to make it scalable.

Edited to add: Anyone I know who has really killed it in business, has always ended up creating their own brand(s).

There are, of course, exceptions to the rule. Bodybuilding.com, TennisWarehouse.com, Zappos.com etc. But, they all started before 2000, when you could pretty much open up shop online and make money online. It's a bit of a different landscape, now.

If you look at some of the guys on this forum who are killing it, each one of them has their own brand of products, even though they may have started drop shipping initially.

See a trend here...? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Got overwhelmed with orders this week, had to pause ads yesterday, and still did a decent amount of sales. I'm getting caught up on orders right now.

I'm still working outsourcing production. This is the ONLY thing standing in the way of me being able to skill my business even further. At $1k+ sales a a day, I can't keep up on them.

Time to pound the phones.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
I'm still working outsourcing production. This is the ONLY thing standing in the way of me being able to skill my business even further. At $1k+ sales a a day, I can't keep up on them.

Man, this is great! Congratulations on all of your hard work and seeing these great results. Fantastic stuff!!

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I think I mentioned that....

Z

That you did. I'm actually working w/ one company to see if they can make my products at a reasonable price. Quite a few companies I've talked to were too small to do what I want on any sort of scale.

Was planning not to call you until I've pounded the phones. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.