The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm Pumped for Shark Tank

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
There are very few shows I watch on TV... but I am PUMPED for Shark Tank. It takes us 2x as long to watch it as normal human beings, because I usually pause it to espouse my theories on marketing, sales, and finance to my poor patient wife.

SHARK TANK. TONIGHT. DON'T MISS IT.

We'll all be talking about it tomorrow, and you don't want to have to watch it on Hulu.

:great:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
lol NICE!

Thanks for the reminder I will tivo/tape it for sure.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Is Kevin Oleary still on the show? He is my favorite shark. I do not have cable. I just occasionally watch shark tank online.

I am starting to resent all of these people though that pick people based on their expertise, so what they want is a job? Or do they want the best valuation?

I think the best partner is a guy that takes calculated risks and will make sure that his money comes back like Kevin. Not emotional decisions like Barbra or clothing based decisions like Daymond.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Such a great show! It's a good experience watching what makes or breaks these guys and learning from it. Kevin O'Leary's definitely my favorite too followed by Cuban. His commentary is just so straight forward and to the point, "you're dead to me." Hahaha.

:thumbsup:

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
I bet a psychologist could tell a lot about a person by who they like the best and who they do not like

I can't stand Kevin, don't like Cuban either. I was asked to submit a video application to be on the show. Probably 50,000 other people were also asked so it isn't anything special lol

I actually wrote up part of my presentation. Basically the first few seconds would be.

Daemon, thank you for your time. I really enjoyed your book and read it twice. I found it very enlightening.

Barbara, thank you for your time I read both of your books and found them to be amazingly helpful.

Robert, thank you for your time, I have always thought you would be fantastic to work with if you ever found something I was doing to be worthwhile to spend time on.

Kevin and Marc I am not interested in working with either of you no matter how much money you might offer, so if you want to leave now I would not be against that.

lol Figured go in with a both guns blazing!

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
OH man i've been waiting forever for shark tank season 4! Thats the only show where I really learn fastlane stuff.

Is Kevin Oleary still on the show? He is my favorite shark.

Me too. His book cold hard truth is really good too. I really love his philosophy of telling the truth even if it means hurting someone's feelings.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Any particular episodes from the past you guys recommend?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Robert is my second favorite. I think Cuban is a douche.

From a business and investment perspective Robert and Kevin are by far the smartest.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Kevin and Marc I am not interested in working with either of you no matter how much money you might offer, so if you want to leave now I would not be against that.

lol Figured go in with a both guns blazing!
lol! What's wrong with Mr. Wonderful!?

And Cuban's had some smart investments on the show. Just look at his investment for "Let Me Draw A Cat For You." A 1 to 1 time - money leverage with almost no audience. I wish I had thought of that! ;)

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
My favorite is Robert, closely followed by Kevin and Cuban. Can't stand the others for some reason, especially this informercial guy that appeared a few times.

Will have to wait for a recording of some sort (or have to figure out how to see it any other way) but cant wait to watch the new episodes.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
You guys remember Toygaroo on SharkTank? The "Netflix of toys". Great idea and it was supposed to be big, Kevin and Marc invested in it.

Well they closed their doors Toygaroo.com - Goodbye!
I wonder what happened
Wow, I remember that. I wonder if they underestimated how much parents want "new" stuff for their kids?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
For every investment you see on the show, a small portion of them actually go all the way through to funding. Since there is no pre-screening of legitimate credentials, during the due diligence portion after the show, the sharks can get out for any reason or no reason.

My wife and I were in the local wine shop yesterday, and we saw the "wine by the glass" product that the a**hole who came on 2x to plug his concept and not do a deal created. Apparently it's huge across the country now. Too bad also, because the guy was a jackass... but apparently he was a jackass with a brilliant idea.

theDarkness

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jul 11, 2012
I really like Cuban. Loved him as an NBA fan and now I like him even more as a businessman. I thought his book was pretty nice in its perspective, though I wanted it to be better developed.

Also really like Kevin and Robert. I love Kevin's "ruthless guy" act and his love of wine, and I like how Robert comes off as mostly just a normal guy.

XavierYZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 23, 2012
Somewhere in Ontario
I Went to a small theatre and listened to Mr wonderful speak in front of a audience of about 200 people. It was a 2 hour lecture Covering a lot of great information and he had a q & a session after.

From my research in him. I think his own valuation of his education company was way over valued and his 3 billion dollar sale was lucky. I think the software eventually got resold off for a billion and Mattel tried suing him. He might be an accidental billionaire. Regardless of that. He does have the smarts and tenacity to continue making money.

He's also trying to be the Simon cowell of the show.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
I never see any of the ideas as dumb.

Actually I see almost all as dumb but see the potential to make money with them. I don't understand why anyone goes to Starbucks, buys designer clothing on and on and on.

BUT I realize people will pay GOOD money for things I think are dumb. I have had a number of successful companies supplying people with things I wouldn't use, wear or buy.

I think the sooner a person can not judge a product through their eyes but through the eyes of the potential buyer the sooner they can find products which will sell.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I thought the worst was the guy who drew cats.

That guy made me cringe, but he is not on the list of most successful investments.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Read the Original post but skipped the rest. I DVR'ed it and will watch it this weekend. I've been waiting patiently for season 4 and now we have 23 weeks worth of new episodes! Yea Baby!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Could have been said better, but all he invests in is clothing.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
Great show.

I like all the entrepreneurs because none of them are fake. All of their money they worked for.

Cuban is just a fun guy and Kevin is what gets the views because of his no bullshit approach.

Nick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Oct 25, 2011
You guys remember Toygaroo on SharkTank? The "Netflix of toys". Great idea and it was supposed to be big, Kevin and Marc invested in it.

Well they closed their doors Toygaroo.com - Goodbye!
I wonder what happened

I read an interview, and the sharks said they still think it is a good idea, but the execution team was not able to deliver. So they lost money on that, it happens. An idea is not all you need to be successful.

My wife and I were in the local wine shop yesterday, and we saw the "wine by the glass" product that the a**hole who came on 2x to plug his concept and not do a deal created. Apparently it's huge across the country now. Too bad also, because the guy was a jackass... but apparently he was a jackass with a brilliant idea.

He was not a jackass with a brilliant idea. The wine by the glass technology has been invented by a french guy and marketed successfully in Europe where he found it when visiting and he licensed the US distribution rights. He did not invent anything.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Nick, how does that make his sales, marketing, and distribution idea not a brilliant idea? He's got his product sitting on the check out counter of my local wine store.

Was Wal-Mart a brilliant idea for Sam Walton? He was not the first variety store in the United States, much less the world.

Was Apple not a brilliant idea?

Consider McDonalds. Ray Krok by that standard didn't invent anything.

Debbie Fields? (Mrs Fields cookies)?

Red solo cups?

Maglights? The Samsung Galaxy Tablet?

I didn't invent ANY of the technology that my company sells. Sam Walton didn't invent discount retail. Debbie Fields didn't invent the chocolate chip cookie. Broaden your definition of where you see brilliance. It will help you think bigger, and that in turn will help you identify how you might use existing pieces of what the world has to offer to build your own "Wal-Mart." So often, people take no action while they wait for a lightning bolt of revelation to hit them. Ray Krok took a HAMBURGER and built an empire with it.

"For the next several years, our job is to not reinvent the world. It's to take something that we know exists already but hardly anybody's got it, and get it out to them." - Steve Jobs

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
I think he was VERY smart.

He got two bites from the same apple. He got national exposure, heck we are giving him more exposure.

I think he figured hey I don't care if I get a deal or not I want to get the word out about my product TWICE on national/international TV.

stolpioni

Banned
Aug 19, 2012
Too many idiots on the show just makes me frustrated.
I mean, how can you be so stupid and turn down a good offer of cash in return of giving away 51% of your company?
The shark will then take your company to the next level, while you don't have to do anything.
"No but I don't wanna loose control over my company"..But you'll loose control to someone who does it better than yourself, who has done it before,
who has connections and money. For crying out loud.

Actually it makes me realize that if entrepenours are generally so stupid, it will hell of a lot easier for me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.