The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm halfway through the book and....

Musky Hunter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 10, 2015
I have a great idea that is not being done by anybody (that I can tell) and am not sure where to go from here. I have done some research online and it is all very vague. Does anybody have a recommendation on a person/company that could assist with turning an idea into a reality?

Thanks in advance for any help

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted35442

I have a great idea that is not being done by anybody (that I can tell) and am not sure where to go from here. I have done some research online and it is all very vague. Does anybody have a recommendation on a person/company that could assist with turning an idea into a reality?

Thanks in advance for any help
Yes, me. I work with the guys behind the http://www.getrumblr.com hoax. Before I even consider signing an NDA, what makes this a great idea? We're putting together a portfolio company that not only acts as a VC to companies, but as a sort of shell for development to curb the costs of W-2 employees for dev work (at least until a Series A or B). Sell me on why it's a great idea first being as specific or as vague as you please.

Musky Hunter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 10, 2015
Yes, me. I work with the guys behind the http://www.getrumblr.com hoax. Before I even consider signing an NDA, what makes this a great idea? We're putting together a portfolio company that not only acts as a VC to companies, but as a sort of shell for development to curb the costs of W-2 employees for dev work (at least until a Series A or B). Sell me on why it's a great idea first being as specific or as vague as you please.
This is a great idea because it solves a problem that everyone has run into at some point in their life and am confident (based off of a small sample size of people) that people would use the service that I would be providing.

D

Deleted35442

This is a great idea because it solves a problem that everyone has run into at some point in their life and am confident (based off of a small sample size of people) that people would use the service that I would be providing.
Is this 1-on-1 consulting-based? You'd need a large staff to fulfill orders or it's automated by technology and requires dev? You can give more details without giving away the juice. I like automated that requires little human effort. Tell me more. The reason I, and nobody here should sign NDA's immediately is if you do something absent-mindedly that somebody construes as similar to that "NDA" you signed before. They can come after you, sort of the "poor man's" patent. And in this Candyland legal system we live in, they might just win or at the least exhaust legal resources in court. Not to go off on a tangent here. Nobody is out here to steal your idea, and if they are, they probably lack the ingenuity to begin with to properly execute it if they're here cruising for other peoples ideas. Your call.

Musky Hunter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 10, 2015
Is this 1-on-1 consulting-based? You'd need a large staff to fulfill orders or it's automated by technology and requires dev? You can give more details without giving away the juice. I like automated that requires little human effort. Tell me more. The reason I, and nobody here should sign NDA's immediately is if you do something absent-mindedly that somebody construes as similar to that "NDA" you signed before. They can come after you, sort of the "poor man's" patent. And in this Candyland legal system we live in, they might just win or at the least exhaust legal resources in court. Not to go off on a tangent here. Nobody is out here to steal your idea, and if they are, they probably lack the ingenuity to begin with to properly execute it if they're here cruising for other peoples ideas. Your call.
There is no physical product that needs handling and I do not see one ever for this idea. It is a service that would be beneficial for the masses. I know I am being vague, but its hard not being able to say specific details.

Phillipbro

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jan 10, 2013
Ontario
If this wasn't already on the market than I would actually be worried. Competition is actually very healthy and is a sign of a good market. Make sure to test out your idea before even spending a penny on this.

Create a little sales letter page and throw some traffic at it. Try to get opt-ins.

I sometimes test stuff out utilizing Facebook PPE ads. I just ask them "Would you want this right now??" "Would you wear this" etc.

How to test out a market:
http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/h...even-made-part-1-making-sure-a-market-exists/

Musky Hunter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 10, 2015
If this wasn't already on the market than I would actually be worried. Competition is actually very healthy and is a sign of a good market. Make sure to test out your idea before even spending a penny on this.

Create a little sales letter page and throw some traffic at it. Try to get opt-ins.

I sometimes test stuff out utilizing Facebook PPE ads. I just ask them "Would you want this right now??" "Would you wear this" etc.

How to test out a market:
http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/h...even-made-part-1-making-sure-a-market-exists/
I completely agree with your comment. I have seen the concept in another country, but not the United States. Thanks for the information!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.