The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I would like to get in touch with the following people:

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Hey I need to get in touch with one or more people with the following skills:

• CAD Designer
  • Someone who has worked with 3-D graphics within games/apps (preferably but not limited to mobile)
  • Anyone familiar with subscription based mobile apps
  • Object "mapping" through digital devices

I know there I have seen a CAD designer on here and I also think I remember some game/3-D graphic designers on here, not sure about the superscription model one or digital mapping.

Anyways, if you have experience in said fields and/or know someone with experience in said fields, please send me a PM. I am trying to get some advice to a *gasp* idea I have and would be willing to pay anyone who consults with me for their time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gold777

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 3, 2011
I've posted some small 3D designs on here so that could have been me and I remember the game designer you're talking about as well who I believe worked on Splinter Cell Blacklist. Anyways, I'm the guy you're looking for/need and have sent you a PM.

Talisman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 19, 2011
Australia
What did you want to know about subscription based apps?

Edit: I assume it's safe to generally give advice in the open, happy to pm otherwise, just thought it might help others too.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
What did you want to know about subscription based apps?

Edit: I assume it's safe to generally give advice in the open, happy to pm otherwise, just thought it might help others too.

I know the business model so it's more just what setting up a subscription based model entails on an app, what platforms you need both on and off the phone, what software people have used and had good experiences with in the past, etc.

:tiphat:

Talisman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 19, 2011
Australia
I know the business model so it's more just what setting up a subscription based model entails on an app, what platforms you need both on and off the phone, what software people have used and had good experiences with in the past, etc.

Subscriptions (and I'm assuming you're referring to auto renewable subscriptions) are just another type of IAP - the caveat with using them though, is that they HAVE to have an external authorisation method (ie, not just the AppStore). Subscriptions must be synchronisable between all mediums and devices (ie, iPhone, iPad, website, software - whatever is applicable).

As for software - I assume you mean a library of some sort? I use MKStoreKit in my apps, it's an easy to use library that supports all subscriptions models, if I recall correctly. It also stores information on the keychain on the users device, so it's quite fast at checking if certain things have been purchased (without having to check with the AppStore always).

Your backend for tracking the IAP/subscriptions can be anything from an over the top full CMS management system (good luck), to just some php that does database injections/checks - keep it simple, it doesn't have to be epic, but should involve encryption of some level in communicating.

This, from Apple, is actually quite decent at explaining the different subscription models, and showing the flow of information required:
http://developer.apple.com/library/...ide/APIOverview/OverviewoftheStoreKitAPI.html

My experiences with it have been that non-consumables are the easiest to work with - ie "Remove Ads". It's a switch (on/off), it's easily checked, it doesn't involve anything external. So if you can get away with it, use that, is my recommendation (not always possible). If you go down the auto-renewing subscription model, Apple WILL closely check that it suits what you're trying to do, and that it works 100% - they do not like easily allowing things that can keep auto-charging their users every week/month/whatever, automatically.

Hope that explained it a bit - if you want more clarification on anything, just ask.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...