The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to know if the China manufacturer is legit ?

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Hi mates, well i want to find a legit electronic seller from alibaba. I am having a hard time since most of them are a scam. How can I find a legit seller ? What are some places you guys have bought without being scammed ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Hi mates, well i want to find a legit electronic seller from alibaba. I am having a hard time since most of them are a scam. How can I find a legit seller ? What are some places you guys have bought without being scammed ?

I guess it depends on your definition of a scam?

Everyone I have met on Alibaba is a legit seller. You may not like the price but they are a seller.

In other words, you need to ask a better question to get a better answer.

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
click the "gold supplier" check box when doing searches. This should greatly reduce your chances of dealing with a scammer.

Talisman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 19, 2011
Australia
Easy.

1. Research the product you want to buy from China. Know what it's supposed to do, look like, etc.
2. Find suppliers in China. Ask for prices, MOQ, shipping costs, high quality pictures, copies of any certifications you may need.
3. Pick the best, in terms of response, communication, price, MOQ. It's a balancing act.
4. Use only PayPal. If they argue and won't, move on.

Often, as was said, they're a reseller/wholesaler, not the factory/manufacturer. This isn't a problem in most cases, as long as you can get a price and service you're happy with.

There are some people here who recommend finding the manufacturer by searching online, and digging deeper. I personally have had very little luck with this, but I'm sure it would be worthwhile if you can achieve it - particularly if you're looking at a specific niche, to have a trustworthy source that isn't going to:

1. Disappear.
2. Change products from shipment to shipment.
3. Send half a batch of broken shit.

What can I tell you, I've been in the importing caper 3 months and I'm already jaded. :p

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
Yeah, Gold supplier+paypal pretty much tells you that you arent dealing with some fly-by-night operation. Think about it.....PayPal would be quick to revoke their account if a bunch of people were complaining that folks were ordering product and not getting what they paid for.

qewrtyass

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Apr 30, 2013
find supplier with:
gold supplier,
Supplier Assessment, and
Onsite Check ICON.

they are legit.

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Easy.

1. Research the product you want to buy from China. Know what it's supposed to do, look like, etc.
2. Find suppliers in China. Ask for prices, MOQ, shipping costs, high quality pictures, copies of any certifications you may need.
3. Pick the best, in terms of response, communication, price, MOQ. It's a balancing act.
4. Use only PayPal. If they argue and won't, move on.

Often, as was said, they're a reseller/wholesaler, not the factory/manufacturer. This isn't a problem in most cases, as long as you can get a price and service you're happy with.

There are some people here who recommend finding the manufacturer by searching online, and digging deeper. I personally have had very little luck with this, but I'm sure it would be worthwhile if you can achieve it - particularly if you're looking at a specific niche, to have a trustworthy source that isn't going to:

1. Disappear.
2. Change products from shipment to shipment.
3. Send half a batch of broken shit.

What can I tell you, I've been in the importing caper 3 months and I'm already jaded. :p

I know I need to find manufacturers as well

KirbyRaymund

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Apr 11, 2013
aren't there feedbacks? check for the feedback and get in touch with the person who provided the feedback?

Wanderer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Mar 14, 2013
Canada
If you looking to spent really big money, you can hire inspection company which will check your supplier and your products before shipment or even during production.
just google "inspection company China" in region where your contractor located, and you will found bunch of such companies.
Sometimes they make even better job , than you expected, as you can't check all Chinese written papers, and they can.

Barry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 27, 2011
Jamaica
I was also struggling with this, talk with alot off suppliers don't just pick one because of cheaper price, see what they are willing to do/do not do.

Always use Paypal, Get their email address, try to get your MOQ as low as possible ask for alot of pictures (High Resolution), Those who refuse to do this weed them out. Start with small orders and build a STRONG relationship (I even started talking via phone) you're risk will be minimal

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.