The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to find a good programmer...

Daveco

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Feb 8, 2016
Midwest
I am trying to network with programmers for a project based on my current business. I would rather not outsource for various reasons.
Where do good programmers like to hang out? I am planning on attending some meetups and other tech events.
But besides that are there any other sites or Forums? What do you guys think of founderdating?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rodeo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
May 25, 2015
I'm a developer. I never had to hire a developer, but if I did, I would probably start with StackOverflow. They have a site for job postings: http://careers.stackoverflow.com/

I live on that site when searching for answers. The nice thing about using their career board is that you can review people's answers to forum questions in order to get a feel for them.

Daveco

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Feb 8, 2016
Midwest
Looks like a good place to look. Thanks!

Last edited:

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
before you completely dismiss outsourcing, the advantage of outsourcing is that you can try out a programmer for a little bit. If they're not a fit, you can easily move on to the next one.

If you do hire a developer full-time, make sure you set up a trial project that they can work on. They need to impress the hell out of you. If they don't, trust me, you don't want them.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.