The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How much time do you spend hanging out?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
I've always Bit off more than I can chew and managed to pull it off. I'de rather be in "The Grind" than at a bar with my buddies And genuinely thought I was Anti-social or something. Than I came accross Eric Thomas. And one of his speeches where he mentions. Getting rid of your cell phone because it brings you nothing but a bill. When your friends call tell them sorry I'm not free rite now, call me in a year I'm busy being successful. That speech was huge for me. My broke A$$ friends are nuts not me!

MVProduct

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Dec 12, 2013
I've always Bit off more than I can chew and managed to pull it off. I'de rather be in "The Grind" than at a bar with my buddies And genuinely thought I was Anti-social or something. Than I came accross Eric Thomas. And one of his speeches where he mentions. Getting rid of your cell phone because it brings you nothing but a bill. When your friends call tell them sorry I'm not free rite now, call me in a year I'm busy being successful. That speech was huge for me. My broke A$$ friends are nuts not me!

Do you have the link to that particular speech?

Vagabond 007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 1, 2011
Philly Suburbs
What Kevin O'Leary said has A LOT of truth to it. He's right, finding another gf is easy. Much easier than starting and growing a successful business. Not to mention in a few years when you have the successful biz and money it will make things easier in the relationship department.

With that being said, I do believe you risk getting burnt out. It's happened to me before.

Despite being in a healthy and happy relationship, I'm a bit of a loner. So I enjoy being by myself and doing things alone. So that is a big reason why I don't "hang out" with friends that often.

I think there is no right answer to this. If you want to take time off and spend it with friends, then do it. If you'd rather work instead and make the sacrifices for a payoff in the future, then do that. Only you can decide what is best for you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I see my friends whenever I feel like it. I became an entrepreneur so I can do what I want, when I want.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.