The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How I’m using TikTok to grow my next MILLION DOLLAR business starting with $0

Marketing, social media, advertising

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Hello!

Long time member. Haven’t posted in awhile

I built a self-sustaining multi-million dollar real estate rental business and then disappeared

Now I’m back and ready to do it again!

With ZERO experience with social media, I’m using TikTok to grow my new business from $0

My goal is $1 million/yr in revenue. It will take awhile to get there, but I know I’ll be able to figure it out

I‘ll do my best to update this thread

Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Having mortgages on 5-6 single family rentals isn't a multi-million dollar business.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Followers of this thread can find me on TikTok at JimChuong (@jimchuong) TikTok | Watch JimChuong 's Newest TikTok Videos

In general I’m using an online sales funnel combined with Jeff Walker’s product launch formula

The first widget I created at 40,000 followers was a follower-funded book called “Financial Freedom Now: Learn how to escape middle class poverty and make money work for you!”

I used Kindle Create, Grammarly and LibreOffice (MS Word for iOS)

I cultivated topics from my followers, videos get instant feedback. I know what they like, don’t like, want, etc.

I set a pre-order page on Kindle, wrote and promoted simultaneously - allowing the audience to guide my writing. This allowed me to know that there is money at the end of creating this widget

I used podcast interviews to promote the widget as well

After this was done, I created a smaller widget from this content and offered it for FREE in exchange for an email list

I used $2000 from the widget to pay for landing page domain, MailerLite, GumRoad, and business savings account monthly fee

I used MailerLite and it’s basic workflow to build an email chain that subscribers would get as soon as they signed up

The end of this online sales funnel leads to my landing page created by WordPress and payment system run by GumRoad

Open Cart is one week. Close Cart is this Saturday. We’re at $30,000 so far

This money will be used to create Home Study Course Product #1 with its own funnel/workflow

After this I will either run it again or create a new funnel leading to Home Study Course Product #2 (I have a few product ideas in mind), or both. Not sure yet/haven’t thought that far

Eventually I will need to consolidate MailerLite/GumRoad/WordPress into Kajabi

All this is standard Jeff Walker Product Launch Formula

Last edited:

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Having mortgages on 5-6 single family rentals isn't a multi-million dollar business.
This is true. That’s why my multi-million dollar rental business has no debt and double digit doors in Phoenix and Memphis

eTox

Expect success, but prepare to fail.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
Followers of this thread can find me on TikTok at JimChuong (@jimchuong) TikTok | Watch JimChuong 's Newest TikTok Videos

In general I’m using an online sales funnel combined with Jeff Walker’s product launch formula

The first widget I created at 40,000 followers was a follower-funded book called “Financial Freedom Now: Learn how to escape middle class poverty and make money work for you!”

I used Kindle Create, Grammarly and LibreOffice (MS Word for iOS)

I cultivated topics from my followers, videos get instant feedback. I know what they like, don’t like, want, etc.

I set a pre-order page on Kindle, wrote and promoted simultaneously - allowing the audience to guide my writing. This allowed me to know that there is money at the end of creating this widget

I used podcast interviews to promote the widget as well

After this was done, I created a smaller widget from this content and offered it for FREE in exchange for an email list

I used $2000 from the widget to pay for landing page domain, MailerLite, GumRoad, and business savings account monthly fee

I used MailerLite and it’s basic workflow to build an email chain that subscribers would get as soon as they signed up

The end of this online sales funnel leads to my landing page created by WordPress and payment system run by GumRoad

Open Cart is one week. Close Cart is this Saturday. We’re at $30,000 so far

This money will be used to create Home Study Course Product #1 with its own funnel/workflow

After this I will either run it again or create a new funnel leading to Home Study Course Product #2 (I have a few product ideas in mind), or both. Not sure yet/haven’t thought that far

Eventually I will need to consolidate MailerLite/GumRoad/WordPress into Kajabi

All this is standard Jeff Walker Product Launch Formula
I don't know you. But this sound like real execution and results.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
“Financial Freedom Now: Learn how to escape middle class poverty and make money work for you!"
At this point i don't know if i should pick on you, troll or just put on ignore.

P.S - He is YT guru equivalent on tiktok, there will be hundreds of same BS pushers on TT soon.

Edit: or just report as spam.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
At this point i don't know if i should pick on you, troll or just put on ignore.

P.S - He is YT guru equivalent on tiktok, there will be hundreds of same BS pushers on TT soon.

Edit: or just report as spam.
You can do all 3. Whatever gives you value. IDGAF

If locked as spam that’ll make it easier for me. No need to provide updates

Last edited:

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Property management company?
Yes. I’m Canadian and the properties are in AZ and TN

CRPS in AZ (Jim Powers is owner)

CB Properties in TN (Alex Craig is owner)

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Hello!

I built a self-sustaining multi-million dollar real estate rental business and then disappeared

With ZERO experience with social media, I’m using TikTok to grow my new business from $0

My goal is $1 million/yr in revenue. It will take awhile to get there, but I know I’ll be able to figure it out

Cheers!

Wow. I still remember your stocks advice & that you started buying RE in Phoenix in the mid 2000s. Are you still in Toronto? Cool to see an old member back here.

TikTok interests me greatly since I do ad buying, but TT has been REALLY closed with their ad platform. I guess they don't wanna go through the BS that Facebook did trying to clean up their platform after they went public.

Why TikTok, though?

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Once we entered Open Cart, we expected to lose subscribers because those who subscribed during this week will likely see the immediate email selling the course as spam. However, the subs who are on email #7 have had their buying temperature increased so the sales pitch matches the flow of the emails

In the past I had almost no unsubscribed and now that we are Open Cart, we lose as half as many subs as we gain. For example +50 subscribers, 25 unsubscribe

That’s fine and should be expected

Jeff Walker recommends emailing a LOT during the last week despite losing subscribers. So we’re following what he says

He even recommends 3 emails on the last day (Saturday). He claims that 25% of sales will happen in the last 24h because people are lazy

So I’m pushing out 1 email a day + 1 video a day and will triple that on Saturday. Then Close Cart

This doesn’t include the 10 general video TikTok content that I make daily. A side goal here is to reach 100k followers

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Wow. I still remember your stocks advice & that you started buying RE in Phoenix in the mid 2000s. Are you still in Toronto? Cool to see an old member back here.

TikTok interests me greatly since I do ad buying, but TT has been REALLY closed with their ad platform. I guess they don't wanna go through the BS that Facebook did trying to clean up their platform after they went public.

Why TikTok, though?
TT is the 100x fastest way to build a subscriber list right now. If you want to self fund a widget or build an online business from the ground up, there’s no better place

I’m on IG as well (I occasionally funnel my TT followers to my IG)

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
TT is the 100x fastest way to build a subscriber list right now. If you want to self fund a widget or build an online business from the ground up, there’s no better place

I’m on IG as well (I occasionally funnel my TT followers to my IG)

Do you feel IG is kinda dead nowadays in terms of organic reach and engagement? Do you see IG becoming irrelevant in the near future?

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada

Why TikTok, though?
Yes I’m still in Toronto

One of my planned next steps is to do ad buys on other social media platforms to feed into my TT content

Not a priority yet

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Do you feel IG is kinda dead nowadays in terms of organic reach and engagement? Do you see IG becoming irrelevant in the near future?

I can’t speak to that. I’ve only been on IG for half a year @Jim.Chuong and have 2k followers

My social media playbook is relatively simple: go to the hottest platform of the moment (ie. TT) and use it gain attention

Use the attention to build my list and feed other social media platforms (eg. IG)

All social media platforms will inevitably go to my Opt-In page or Landing Page via LinkTree

IG is no extra work ever since they started encouraging Reels and short-form video. I just copy-paste my daily TT content to IG

Another future planned step is to create IG-specific content and get on to other social media platforms (FB, LinkedIn, YT, Triller) with specific content for those as well

My only end goal regardless of social media platform is to be everywhere. But 80% effort is on hottest “platform of the moment” and 20% for the rest

Onakosa

"When I grow up I want to be ... "
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 23, 2020
UK
How do you all create content for TT? It's 15 sec's. What can you do or say?

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
How do you all create content for TT? It's 15 sec's. What can you do or say?

15-60 seconds

Short answer is grind. The more you do it the better you get at it

In general content falls into these buckets:
- educate
- entertain
- announce
- poll
- collaboration
- sell

I linked my TT profile. I have almost 2700+ short form video. I create at least 10 pieces of content a day. I have more content ideas than time in the day

I would argue if a person has difficulty creating content that they don’t know their chosen niche very well

At 15-60 seconds each, it shouldn’t be hard. Yet it is. Because most aren’t willing to grind

Instead of spending 15 seconds to create objections, use it to make short form video content

LOTS of creators are monetizing TT right now. Most old-school social media marketing ppl are sleeping on it

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
I’ll quickly jot down what I did in the order that I did them

1. Used cell#/email to create TikTok (TT) account
2. Created 15-60s videos. Went from 2-3/day to 10/day
3. At 20k followers, started promoting eBook widget
4. Set up Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) account
5. Asked followers for what they want to see as content
6. Set Pre-Order page on KDP
7. Set linktree to point from TT bio page to KDP pre-order
8. At $2000 in pre-orders I started writing eBook widget
9. eBook completed at 50k followers, 3 months later
10. Used eBook manuscript to create paperback. Sent half a dozen to influencers in exchange for testimonials. Also asked podcast hosts for testimonials in exchange for being on their podcast
10. Used some widget money + royalty split to fund audiobook (Amazon audible) widget
11. Create Landing Page at
Jim Chuong - FREE - 5 Ways to Reach Financial Freedom Faster feeds to MailerLite
12. Opened MailerLite account to collect emails, create workflow of 6 emails to deliver free content based on eBook widget
13. Used widget money to pay for MailerLite as subs eclipsed 1000, 2500, 5000. Have over 5000+ Subs in 2 months which is MailerLite max $30/mo cost
14. Created Sales Offer as subs went through 6 email workflow. Had to finish before subs reached the end of the email chain
16. Opened business bank account. Opened GumRoad account. Linked together. Tested transaction to make sure it worked to collect payment and transfer monies to business account
17. Tied landing page to GumRoad
18. Open Cart. Blast Email/TT video promotion for 7 days
Example of TT sales videos:
19. GumRoad holding up. Unsubscribes increasing as predicted but subscribers still outnumber them
20. Close cart on Saturday
21. ???

NB: Keep in mind that Landing page workflow to Sales Page is 6-7 emails, but literally 10 emails are sent between Open Cart and Close Cart. When it's time to sell, don't be shy. This is reinforced by Jeff Walker's book Product Launch Formula. The people who unsubscribe weren't customers anyway

Last edited:

sfarieri

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Oct 11, 2020
Long Island, NY
Hello!

Cheers!
Interested to see how you do that with TikTok.

Wendy-Russo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 16, 2020
Why tik tok ? i'm on there and it's 50% Transgenders and lesbians and 50% boys showing their abs

I'm not arguing with your results btw, just wondering what brought you to tiktok

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Why tik tok ? i'm on there and it's 50% Transgenders and lesbians and 50% boys showing their abs

I'm not arguing with your results btw, just wondering what brought you to tiktok
I can’t speak to what you’re seeing, but TT algorithm shows you what you spend time on, like, and follow

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
We closed cart (Followers and subscribers were given 7 days to buy) and were just shy of $50,000

Congrats to our customers who pounced on this amazing deal!

On to the next phase of this business

Feel free to ask any questions

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
This is true. That’s why my multi-million dollar rental business has no debt and double digit doors in Phoenix and Memphis
Just to knit pick here. Usually when someone says I run a $1 million dollar business, it means that they are doing $1 million in revenue. I'm not sure if someone says, I run a $1 million real estate business, if that is classified as the value of the properties in the portfolio are worth $1M, or if their equity in the properties are worth $1M. But I'm pretty sure you aren't saying that your gross rental income is over $2M a year, or are you?

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
We closed cart (Followers and subscribers were given 7 days to buy) and were just shy of $50,000

Congrats to our customers who pounced on this amazing deal!

On to the next phase of this business

Feel free to ask any questions
sorry I am not your follower,

still

curious, what was the deal?
Edit: TikTok is banned in india

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.