The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you survive?

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Investing.

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
Lemonade stand

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
By the sword in my hand.

my savings from high school + financial aid money

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
Savings at the moment.

How do you get by?

bclark85

Banned
Jan 3, 2013
Gilbert, AZ
Working a 9-5 (hopefully not for much longer), flipping cars and any other thing I can get my hands on that I can sell for more than I paid for it. I also middle man for a lot of people which is fun. For example, if they tell me they are trying to sell something like a car, gun, cell phone ect...I will ask them what they want for it bottom price. I will then find a buyer for them and jack the price up keeping the difference. I enjoy this the most because it is easy quick cash.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

Twiki

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Oct 7, 2012
I do stuff for people and they pay me money. Sometimes if I want to fool myself, I tell myself I run "a business", but in reality, in terms of Kiyosaki's Cashflow Quadrant, I'm a Self-Employeed doofus. If I were smarter I might have developed something that was more along the CENTS principles, but my Scale and Time capacities are sorely lacking. The awareness of that deficiency grinds away at me every day. As Samuel L. Jackson's character in "Pulp Fiction" said: "I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd." Except instead of shepherd I mean "fastlane".

Last edited by a moderator:
S

stranger

Garage sales via the Internet. I'm not from the USA. However, most of my customers are from the USA.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Game Developer. And Internet Business.

Dezzamondo

Indefatigable
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 11, 2012
Worcester, UK
I "work" 9-5 for another employer...

...*cough* automated my own job *cough* ...

...and just got promoted to do even LESS!!!!(!!!!!!!!MORE EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!!!!!)!!

Oh and do a bit of buying and selling for my own company at the same time :)

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
Cocaine and 2 women on call. They receive pay from me in monetary terms and affectionately as well.
#truestorybro

av1atic

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Oct 3, 2012
Savings, Helping run my parents' company, part-time job, inheritance.

Very fortunate to say the least.

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
I suppose, but that will run out in time, so I have to make something out of it. Which I am, I'll talk about it later.

I cannot wait to hear about it!

G-man422

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Oct 5, 2011
Ohio, USA
I work full time for about 70% of my income. I then have investment real estate that brings in the remaining 30%. By May 2015 this will start to tip in favor of more real estate income as I plan to invest full time.

G

GuestUser8117

Strictly financial aid but I'm thinking of being a massage therapist lol. Instead of working in a dead end shit job. Grocery stores, restaurants, I'm sick of all this shit, aren't you?

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
Strictly financial aid but I'm thinking of being a massage therapist lol. Instead of working in a dead end shit job. Grocery stores, restaurants, I'm sick of all this shit, aren't you?

I wouldn't recommend that unless your college can pay for that, and it can be done quickly.

1. Waste of Time... isn't it like a year of training? Horrible industry too, unless you're offering more services then massages... but I doubt it if you're a guy LOL
2. You need money now.
3. There's better/faster ways to make money. You just have to be "creative" about it.

I'm bootstrapping I guess lol, since I don't want to put a ton of money until money comes in. I only put 800 dollars into it so far for the equipment/license.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I do "IT" work in warzones and whore myself out to the highest bidder.

G

GuestUser8117

I wouldn't recommend that unless your college can pay for that, and it can be done quickly.

1. Waste of Time... isn't it like a year of training? Horrible industry too, unless you're offering more services then massages... but I doubt it if you're a guy LOL
2. You need money now.
3. There's better/faster ways to make money. You just have to be "creative" about it.

I'm bootstrapping I guess lol, since I don't want to put a ton of money until money comes in. I only put 800 dollars into it so far for the equipment/license.

Lol, it's like 400 hours.

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
So like 3-4 months

yeah I guess it's worth it, but then I don't think it's a good industry. It's not good to rely on I imagine, except doing work here and there, and no benefits... I think working in a grocery store would be better for health care, and you know you are going to get paid. I think it would better to become a medical assistant or a phlebotomist(even less).. over here it would only take a year to do. And they get paid decently enough...

but I don't know that industry that well. I don't know how it is like in Quebec.

globalmargaret

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jan 9, 2013
Alaska
Thankfully by business is able to cover about 90% of reoccurring costs so I don't have to worry about mortgage, electric, internet and all of that nonsence. My grocery money and other expenses come from life guarding, teaching, and selling through our local artists co-op.
When I find my self in a particular tricky situation I often refer to this article for inspiration.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.