The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Honesty Kills?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Alan LT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Nov 1, 2014
South Florida
My family is filled with people on the sidewalk & they try hard to push this mindset onto me without even noticing it.
When they do that I try my best to ignore it because it gets annoying & I truthfully don't want to explain myself to people who have been brainwashed.

I'm a brutally honest person, but around them I'm real vague and minimal. I'm at the point where I don't even feel like myself around them anymore.
I just don't know how to tell them that they're slaves & that they're trying to push that mindset onto me.

Usually my honesty hurts people's feeling & I end up getting called an a**hole for trying to be real. Being fully honest is the only way I see that I could express my opinion without it being sugarcoated or me feeling fake.

I just need a way to nice way to say that we're on different paths & have a different vision.

At the end of the day, I'm going to do what's best for me & whoever sticks with me will be appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I just need a way to nice way to say that we're on different paths & have a different vision.
Thats simple. Just stop talking about it. Nobody cares until you're successful anyways because right now its all just talk and dreams.

Alan LT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Nov 1, 2014
South Florida
Thats simple. Just stop talking about it. Nobody cares until you're successful anyways because right now its all just talk and dreams.
I never talk about it. I don't care if they know what I do or not. I just want them to be quiet lmao.

Alan LT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Nov 1, 2014
South Florida
'You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.'

Find five new people. :)
I love that quote.

I believe it was Dan Pena who said "show me your friends & I'll show you your future."

But anyways I try my best to surround myself with the best people. When I graduated, I dropped all the people that weren't going anywhere & I kept the people who wanted to be winners.

Aidan

Next Year, you will wish you had started Today.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Instead of being 'real' with people that have no intention or desire to get 'real' or change, just smile, nod your head, and carry on.

Not sure if you're living with family now or not, but if so, your first step would be to move out, and stop hanging out with people that are a negative influence and/or are a time sink to your productivity. Surround yourself with successful people that respect your time and who want to excel themselves.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
I never talk about it. I don't care if they know what I do or not. I just want them to be quiet lmao.
Just stop whining then.
But anyways I try my best to surround myself with the best people. When I graduated, I dropped all the people that weren't going anywhere & I kept the people who wanted to be winners.
Wannabes aren't "the best people". What did you accomplish?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.