The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

here is my fastLine that could help you out

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Kalelv45

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jun 30, 2014
Have read the book about a year ago in this is what i set my mind to produce (a tool to study faster and working better):

you will be able to "type" like 800wpm, not more type to translate and also you get all the things said in the ad. Plus we offer a TheRightPen every 5 referrals.

what do you think??You can back us up on INDIEGOGO.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/therightpen-learning-2-0-at-the-coolest-level/x/9408627

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

stockyal

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 7, 2014
United kingdom
really like the product youve obviously put some hard work into it and i think it will sell as it can work globally. did you have any experience before therightpen of releasing a new product into a market? if not what steps did you take and is there any books you recommend? i have a product idea just now needing to know the best way to get it into its market area

Kalelv45

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jun 30, 2014
Thanks man. Yes now I have some problems with the marketing stage. I estimated to sell around 2.000 piece in two Moths started yesterday and I'm at just 3 unit sold. (share it if you can :D).

I just made the first prototype, registered to the government and then shot the video with a professional video maker.

Thanks for the response. Kind regards. Andrea Massacci

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk
Holy sh*it, this is an awsome product. I was wondering if there was this kind of technology but i couldn't find it.
Dude this is going to sell, i think you will get rich from this.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I swear I saw a pen like this with a red light in it last week on a viral facebook video, they scanned a book and it come up on screen, I think the LAD Bible posted it.

Anyway, great product, do you own any patents on the technology? Even provisional. If not, how come?

This has a deal with Theo Paphitis on Dragons Den written all over it!

Kalelv45

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jun 30, 2014
Yep, I hope so.

What I need now is some kind of marketing and reviewing some details (where to focus my energy to, prices etc).

I'm recording new videos today to show better it's functionality. If you have someone that can get help from this (any student or workers that have to type a lot) tell him to back us up.

We are giving special gift to the first backers.

Thanks guys in advance! any feedback is highly appreciated!!!

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
You should have someone who is a native English speaker proof read that page. Cool product, but people don't want to hear "saves you x% of time," that's boring. You need to list the benefits and invoke emotions from people to get them to spend money. Good luck.

G

GuestUser112

This is an awesome product, and I know just how to market it. You are going to be a millionaire.

Step 1. Contact EVERY highschool, college and university in your area. Find out what are 'good days' to set up a booth in a high traffic area. When I went to Guelph University, several times a week you could find booths with people selling stuff from old video games to art posters in the middle of the main building. That is what you want.

2. Set up a booth somewhere every day of the week and demonstrate and sell the shit out of your product every day of the week. Bring your laptop and real textbooks and show them exactly how well it works.

3. Students are going to start going APESHIT for this product so RIGHT NOW you need to set up on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram, and link them all to a landing page. Word of mouth is going to be your main source of marketing, so when the kids tell their friends about TheRightPen, you want to make sure they find it EASY when they type the name into their smartphone. Also - lose the subtitles on the video, and get it narrated in Italian when you market it to Italian people.

4. Set up e-commerce on that landing page. Go with Shopify, get it done so it is functional as soon as possible. You want them to be able to click, order, purchase - so set up a business account with a good shipping company, etc.

5. When the demand exceeds supply (as it inevitably will) look for an investor to help you produce way more of them and lower your production costs. Just show them that you have orders you can't fill and I guarantee you'll get backing. If you don't know any investors, just google 'investing groups' and look in your local newspaper. Or just find somebody with a lot of money and ring their doorbell. Cruise around neighborhoods with epic mansions and the like.

Good luck bro.

@MJ DeMarco have you seen this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalelv45

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jun 30, 2014
This is an awesome product, and I know just how to market it. You are going to be a millionaire.

Step 1. Contact EVERY highschool, college and university in your area. Find out what are 'good days' to set up a booth in a high traffic area. When I went to Guelph University, several times a week you could find booths with people selling stuff from old video games to art posters in the middle of the main building. That is what you want.

2. Set up a booth somewhere every day of the week and demonstrate and sell the shit out of your product every day of the week. Bring your laptop and real textbooks and show them exactly how well it works.

3. Students are going to start going APESHIT for this product so RIGHT NOW you need to set up on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram, and link them all to a landing page. Word of mouth is going to be your main source of marketing, so when the kids tell their friends about TheRightPen, you want to make sure they find it EASY when they type the name into their smartphone. Also - lose the subtitles on the video, and get it narrated in Italian when you market it to Italian people.

4. Set up e-commerce on that landing page. Go with Shopify, get it done so it is functional as soon as possible. You want them to be able to click, order, purchase - so set up a business account with a good shipping company, etc.

5. When the demand exceeds supply (as it inevitably will) look for an investor to help you produce way more of them and lower your production costs. Just show them that you have orders you can't fill and I guarantee you'll get backing. If you don't know any investors, just google 'investing groups' and look in your local newspaper. Or just find somebody with a lot of money and ring their doorbell. Cruise around neighborhoods with epic mansions and the like.

Good luck bro.

@MJ DeMarco have you seen this?

Those are really nice advice. Thanks mate.
I'm trying to improve the quality of the campaign and the quality of the landing page to make it more professional. I wanted to go live as soon as possible and I didn't wait so much to the details.

If any of you want to help (or someone reading this) keep in mind that we can have some kind of affiliation program so that you can get a % of the sell (all traceable and with a costume link, INDIEGOGO let you do that really quickly and easily).

It up to 25$ a pen and you can get some good money, while we can get some popularity back.

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
Cool product. Why indiegogo instead of kickstarter?

You need to get this product out to college students. This thing will take off if the right people see it.

Kalelv45

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jun 30, 2014
Cool product. Why indiegogo instead of kickstarter?

You need to get this product out to college students. This thing will take off if the right people see it.
kickstart allow just for United States citizen and other country to allow to run a campaign.
Instead INDIEGOGO allows all the world to do it.

yep I will go to the college starting this monday and give many demonstration!

Kalelv45

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jun 30, 2014
That's just a repackage of the World Pen Scan BT and the C-Pen.
I know at first sight all scan pen look alike.
But ours has so many more features. Like instant vocal translation, and we want to add also math problem ability (music and other stuff). The ability to listen to what you underline.

Also we want to build a brand directed to help in many social environment (but this will be a long discussion not to bring here :D).

P

Kalelv45

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jun 30, 2014
Plus I would say that if you have used any of the product you stated above, they have an accuracy that is good, but far away from optimal. I used some of them but I had to edit to many times what I scanned. The usability was then compromised. We can go up to 20cm/second. Our technology has been perfected that you really have to try on purpose to make it miss

Then the audio, not having to go to google to listen to a word.

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland
Yeah... That will sell due to its multiple applications. Revolutionary

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Man you gotta start marketing this campaign if you want to make it work. Six days in you only have 2% of funding. Time to start getting bloggers to do a piece on it and get other people to spread the word. Good luck.

Payden

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Mar 4, 2014
Lawrence, KS
What do you mean by, "help many social environment?"

Also, are you running into any hurdles regarding copyright infringement?

Last edited:

Payden

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Mar 4, 2014
Lawrence, KS
Sorry about all the questions but I'm really interested in what you have going on here. So did you develop the technologies yourself or how did all that come about?

road_runner

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 23, 2012
I just shared a link to my profile page on facebook.
BTW you have a typo on the about page
TheRightPen is not just like a regular ScanPen,it has the most advanced recognizing software and it can traslate and pronounce anything up to 200 languages

Kalelv45

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jun 30, 2014
Don't know how to market it. I felling short. Hoped it was going to blow really easily. But it didn't.

Any advice for where I can get some visibility?

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Don't know how to market it. I felling short. Hoped it was going to blow really easily. But it didn't.

Any advice for where I can get some visibility?
http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/229782
http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/234707
http://www.reddit.com/r/Entrepreneu...nvention_has_been_1000_funded_on_kickstarter/
http://www.reddit.com/r/Entrepreneu...unched_a_successful_kickstarter_campaign_and/
http://www.fastcodesign.com/3035988/the-designers-guide-to-launching-a-successful-kickstarter

Just start googling. Start contacting bloggers. Get the word out. Sitting there staring at your computer wondering why it didn't magically take off isn't going to do anything--you have to actually make an effort.

Sean Corroon

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
May 4, 2014
Dubai, UAE
Your going to have strong competition from pens like livescribe! although slightly different these pens have similar functions! Most of the content I study for my degree is also online.

Kalelv45

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jun 30, 2014
Almost reached 6000$. This week I will invest some in marketing (Facebook ads, and other company that are specialized in launching indiegogo campaigns).

If anything come to your mind I'm happy to listen to any suggestion. I will try to help you back if need it.

Kalelv45

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jun 30, 2014
Where can I post this so more people can see it (I mean here in The Fast line forum).

Also I would like to have some suggestion on the Website I made for the Product and brand. http://www.therightlifestyle.it

What would you change? What do you like?

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Where can I post this so more people can see it (I mean here in The Fast line forum).

Also I would like to have some suggestion on the Website I made for the Product and brand. http://www.therightlifestyle.it

What would you change? What do you like?
  • Get someone who is a native English speaker to proofread your website and indigogo campaign.
  • About the website: WHERE do you want me to look/read? It's way to busy
  • Don't spend MONEY on marketing. Get off your butt and start talking to people (bloggers, news media)

Kalelv45

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jun 30, 2014
  • Get someone who is a native English speaker to proofread your website and indigogo campaign.
  • About the website: WHERE do you want me to look/read? It's way to busy
  • Don't spend MONEY on marketing. Get off your butt and start talking to people (bloggers, news media)

Yep I know I just don't know witch blogger to connect with. Any advice??

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
You should change the domain of the web site to a .com domain. It looks more professional that way. When this product launches, I would be interested in becoming an affiliate marketer.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.