The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greg Plitt ... RIP

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Very recently someone on the forum posted a video Greg uploaded. So I started watching his YouTube videos and subscribed to his channel. Also very recently, in the comment section -- people kept posting that he died, RIP, etc.

I seriously thought they were all trolling, so I ignored it. Then I kept seeing it. So I finally just Googled it.

He actually died...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/greg-plitt-dead-fitness-model-4998841

http://www.people.com/article/greg-plitt-dead-train-strike

My prediction is that he will be a YouTube sensation long after his passing. Just like Zyzz.

This also reminds me of Andy Whitfield (the main actor for the original Spartacus series) who also died really young.

Man...

EDIT: Crazy coincidence. The quote in my signature. https://www.coach.me/ has new quotes on their website everyday and that one (I believe) was yesterday's.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Holy crap, it reads like a story from the onion. So sad! :(

lukeymacca

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Nov 26, 2014
Man this has wrecked my day. Always found Greg motivating as all hell!

TheNextTrump

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jun 7, 2012
Omaha, NE.
Brutal! Just came across this guy a few weeks ago, from a fellow forum member sharing links to his videos.

Truly had the gift to get people motivated and thinking right.

RIP

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Just came across this guy a few weeks ago, from a fellow forum member sharing links to his videos.

I think it was @jockinbox who I first saw post this video.

I'm serious though, I thought they were all trolling in the YouTube comment section. Then when I finally look it up and see the articles it was a WTF moment. Crazy man, crazy.

TheNextTrump

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jun 7, 2012
Omaha, NE.
Crazy man, crazy.

Very crazy, I literally watched a video where he was running next to a train on gravel, and jokingly was like (dude better not slip)

Then a few days later (today) I see this thread, and read the article. UNREAL.

Goes to show how precious (life) really is, one wrong choice/decision and BOOM your whole life is INSTANTLY gone.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
I was also looking at videos of Arnold Schwarzenegger a few weeks back and I was noticing that he's much older now.
Very crazy, I literally watched a video where he was running next to a train on gravel, and jokingly was like (dude better not slip)

Wow, some interesting coincidences.

Kind of a tangent, but...

I was looking at some videos of Arnold Schwarzenegger a few weeks ago. When that day comes, it's going to be a sad day.

Goes to show how precious (life) really is, one wrong choice/decision and BOOM your whole life is INSTANTLY gone.

Seriously man. And I still don't know WTF happened. How does that happen? Was he listening to loud music and didn't hear it or something? Stuck and couldn't move? I don't get it.

The suicide speculation was hinted in one of the articles, but it's hard to think he'd be a guy who would do that to himself.

This article (http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...g-plitt-struck-killed-train/story?id=28309016) gave me some clarity, but even the witnesses are "trying to determine exactly what happened." I'm ranting now. Rage :rage:

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Apparently he was playing chicken with (or racing) the train and slipped.

https://soundcloud.com/dangerandplay/fitness-goals-greg-plitt-and

EDITS: I forgot to add the time when that's mentioned. It's around 25:10 and on.

I also found a telling comment from <ahref="http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Greg-Plitt-Hit-By-Train-Video-Tracks-Memorial-288990431.html">THIS ARTICLE</a>

Greg-Plitt-Security-Video.png

Last edited:

MarchWarrior

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
May 25, 2014
He's one of the few bodybuilders who really speak motivating message like he means it
Although I'm not that into the whole RAWR RAWR bro-talk, from time to time I get some dose of inspiration from him

jockinbox

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 8, 2014
Miami, FL
Rest in Peace to my brother Greg Plitt

I remember back in high school me and a friend would watch the previews to his video on Youtube, trying to puzzle his workout together.

One month I found a 10 dollar bill and I bought a gift card and spent that on a membership to his website and shared it with my buddy.

Those videos were the foundation for everything.

I don't think I would be on this road if it weren't for Greg.

I owe 100% to this man. May he rest in peace

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
Seen 2 gifs of him and then saw two quotes with greg plitt, then I googled and saw he was the one who died.
Didn't know who he was untill after his death but I'm gonna find out and watch his videos on youtube out of respect.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I found his videos about 3 weeks ago, the news of his death kind of destroyed my day in a way but also his work & lagacy motivates me twice as much...

Mamadoo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 12, 2014
Toronto
He died trying to outrun a train to proove the effectiveness of an energy drink he was promoting. I mean... come on now...

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
He died trying to outrun a train to proove the effectiveness of an energy drink he was promoting. I mean... come on now...
That's what media told you, which you assume it's true. And based on that assumption you make a judgment.

There are about 4-5 versions of the story circulating around, of course every media wants to have their unique story and gather more audience.

The truth of the matter is that he's gone. It's easy to judge after shit happens. We all have done stupid shit sometimes.

But learn to question the media, and think with your own brain.

Mamadoo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 12, 2014
Toronto
No meed to question the media when every story is the same. Quick google search of his name provides me with all of the same reasoning as to how he died, go ahead search his name & youll see.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.