The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Giving everything I've got into ebook publishing

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

AG356

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
599%
Apr 19, 2015
  • Take inspired action early. Don't wait until everything feels "right". Get busy taking imperfect but massive action and inevitable failing occasionally so you can learn and progress. Be grateful for failures and challenges. They are symptoms of impending success.

^ This is a great advice!!! Reminds me of a similar quote from Richard Branson! :)

l31Oztz.gif

Great work and congratulations on your financial freedom - you truly deserve it!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
$40,000 or so from this consulting business.
So this is really from your consulting business more, than your e-book sales on KU borrows?

Basically You outsourced all your books, had other people write them, paid for reviews, and paid for advertisement? And you're making This every month now compared to what you said in January?

Ziva

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Feb 14, 2014
So this is really from your consulting business more, than your e-book sales on KU borrows?
That $40,000 in June was just from consulting. My income from Kindle (an extra $20,000 or so per month) is separate.
Basically You outsourced all your books, had other people write them, paid for reviews, and paid for advertisement? And you're making This every month now compared to what you said in January?
Yes, all my books are outsourced. I have an assistant that helps me to get review swaps for my books. My Kindle income has grown a lot and continues to grow. I earned around $12,500 in February from Kindle. In May I earned over $22,000 from Kindle. Income from my consulting business varies every month due to how many clients I have. I had many clients for June, so my income was substantial for this month. If I chose to have no clients in July, my income from consulting would be $0. I recognize that my income from consulting is in no way passive. I love it though because it gives me the opportunity to really help people create transformational change in their lives. Even if I choose to not take on any clients, I still am earning the substantial passive income I've created from Kindle.

Oh, and I don't do any paid advertisement. I have done a couple of Facebook ads in the past, but don't currently have any running.

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
That $40,000 in June was just from consulting. My income from Kindle (an extra $20,000 or so per month) is separate.

Yes, all my books are outsourced. I have an assistant that helps me to get review swaps for my books. My Kindle income has grown a lot and continues to grow. I earned around $12,500 in February from Kindle. In May I earned over $22,000 from Kindle. Income from my consulting business varies every month due to how many clients I have. I had many clients for June, so my income was substantial for this month. If I chose to have no clients in July, my income from consulting would be $0. I recognize that my income from consulting is in no way passive. I love it though because it gives me the opportunity to really help people create transformational change in their lives. Even if I choose to not take on any clients, I still am earning the substantial passive income I've created from Kindle.

Oh, and I don't do any paid advertisement. I have done a couple of Facebook ads in the past, but don't currently have any running.
Wow, That's actually amazing income.

How many books do you have published to kindle now :)? and sorry if this has been asked or not.. But are they non-fiction or fiction?. I'm going to be getting into the non-fiction books. =)

Amazing!

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 5, 2015
California

This is amazing stuff. I have a stupid question though: what are review swaps? I have a couple titles up (non fiction) andy whole plan was to get reviews on them first. I've read about people paying for reviews but I have no idea how that works.

Chazmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
May 23, 2013
USA
@Ziva

Congratulations on your progress! You've moved mountains in the span of like a year. Very impressive indeed!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
This is amazing stuff. I have a stupid question though: what are review swaps?

I'm aware of this because I'm on Facebook trying to get honest reviews for my book, and you swap a book with another person read it, and review it. I just ran into a guy from the Phillipines who showed me what people do, probably like here on Fastlane.

They go to elance, fivver, etc. and pay someone to go swap books with people like me, and have a list of books and they target like twenty or fifty books and get reviews for them.

So basically, the first hundred reviews on their book are all fake to make it go up in author rank and sell their books.

Not a path I want to go down, when Amazon just put a law suit up in April against paid review sites, and also track your i.p.

Amazon waits for these elancers etc. to get enough swaps, connect the dots, and suspend accounts. The guy I just talked to didn't even realize this, and fortunately, they're all doing reviews and Amazon knows every review they do is fake. He thought I did the same thing because I have 600 reviews on my account.

No, I read all the time on Amazon and do honest reviews. And don't give everyone five stars. And frankly, I'm not sure swapping books is a good thing, for this reason. You want honest reviews, and I keep running into these peeps working off elance. They don't read the book, and just give fake reviews which don't even match content inside the book.

I suppose some people don't care, but I don't see the point of doing all the work, and having it all collapse, because you want to try to beat the system.

Last edited:

JaxAttacks

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
May 16, 2015
California
There is really no protection or way to prevent that. If you catch someone ripping off your work, you could report them to Amazon. I wonder how common that is though. hmm.. something to think about! Don't let that fear prevent you from publishing. In all honesty and reality, interesting characters and compelling stories aren't the most important ingredients for books that sell on Amazon. Of course it is a good thing to have a good story, but there are thousands and thousands of "good stories" published on Amazon that don't sell. Awesome covers, good titles, good keywords, good descriptions, and reviews are what sells books.

Thanks, I needed to be reminded of this!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Hey, @Ziva. Any updates?