The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

G Ads - low search volume

Marketing, social media, advertising

Qeno

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 5, 2022
Hi,
I currently want to learn all the fundamentals like how to market a customer and so more. Therefore, I am working on the execution of a fitness and nutrition plan for commercial pilots.

At the moment, I finished my MVP and a landing page. My (sub) goal is to attract some pilots to try out my product to test it. To get them as early customers, my hypothesis is that I build a landing page and advertise it using Google Ads: my plan was to use keywords like "pilot lose weight" so I only advertise my niche. What I didn't consider and didn't check was that no pilots google like that.
That's what I did now with many other keywords too and it's not going to work, at least that's how it looks to me because the volume is in the 0-10 area.
So I would say that my hypothesis is wrong, what do you think? My next hypothesis to test is to use Facebook ads. What's also possible is to advertise in an aviation magazine, but that's quite expensive (1000€)

Thank you very much!
Qeno

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Hi,
I currently want to learn all the fundamentals like how to market a customer and so more. Therefore, I am working on the execution of a fitness and nutrition plan for commercial pilots.

At the moment, I finished my MVP and a landing page. My (sub) goal is to attract some pilots to try out my product to test it. To get them as early customers, my hypothesis is that I build a landing page and advertise it using Google Ads: my plan was to use keywords like "pilot lose weight" so I only advertise my niche. What I didn't consider and didn't check was that no pilots google like that.
That's what I did now with many other keywords too and it's not going to work, at least that's how it looks to me because the volume is in the 0-10 area.
So I would say that my hypothesis is wrong, what do you think? My next hypothesis to test is to use Facebook ads. What's also possible is to advertise in an aviation magazine, but that's quite expensive (1000€)

Thank you very much!
Qeno
I don't think any pilot would search "pilot lose weight."

I can't speak for the data, but usually pilots also type "lose weight" or if they get too specific, "weight loss plan for pilots"

The only way to find out for sure is to throw some money on keywords you think are relevant, get clicks on them, and check for relevant search terms against those clicks.

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA
It is possible to niche down needlessly- Is there something unique about pilots that make them unable to lose weight with methods not for pilots? And, if so, are you in a unique position to serve them?

I also couldn't imagine someone searching "pilot weight loss", but I'm not a pilot. I would try FB ads, too.

Qeno

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 5, 2022
I don't think any pilot would search "pilot lose weight."

I can't speak for the data, but usually pilots also type "lose weight" or if they get too specific, "weight loss plan for pilots"

The only way to find out for sure is to throw some money on keywords you think are relevant, get clicks on them, and check for relevant search terms against those clicks.
Thank you! "Pilot lose weight" was just a bad translation ony my part. Why do you think it is still useful to use the low volume keywords?
It is possible to niche down needlessly- Is there something unique about pilots that make them unable to lose weight with methods not for pilots? And, if so, are you in a unique position to serve them?

I also couldn't imagine someone searching "pilot weight loss", but I'm not a pilot. I would try FB ads, too.
I don't think there is something completely unique, but I think it's more difficult for them because of their unstructured day and there is nothing tailored explicit to them.

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA
I think it's more difficult for them because of their unstructured day
Keep expanding on this.
there is nothing tailored explicit to them.
This isn't a good enough reason. But, if you can expand on the above unique difficulties ^^ then you might have something.

Qeno

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 5, 2022
Keep expanding on this.

This isn't a good enough reason. But, if you can expand on the above unique difficulties ^^ then you might have something.
Thank you very much for your input. I've already done this, but it shows me that I am on the right path!

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Why do you think it is still useful to use the low volume keywords?
Low search volume keywords are usually long tail keywords (3+ words) that are more relevant than a keyword such as "lose weight".

Low search volume keywords have the following benefits

Better chances of conversion since the keyword is descriptive and more relevant.

Less orders required to rank organically (Speaking for my niche Amazon Ads, but I'm sure Google PPC does impact Google SEO)

Low cost per click. I usually find its the opposite case nowadays. But since you're a beginner and not a PPC nerd I'd suggest you keep in mind that long tail keywords don't usually translate to lower cost per clicks.

If the keywords of your choice you're targeting don't have too much search volume then I'd suggest you move on to keywords that are still somewhat relevant to your product but have some search volume. Ideally I consider anything less than 600-800 search volume to be low.

Qeno

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 5, 2022
Low search volume keywords are usually long tail keywords (3+ words) that are more relevant than a keyword such as "lose weight".

Low search volume keywords have the following benefits

Better chances of conversion since the keyword is descriptive and more relevant.

Less orders required to rank organically (Speaking for my niche Amazon Ads, but I'm sure Google PPC does impact Google SEO)

Low cost per click. I usually find its the opposite case nowadays. But since you're a beginner and not a PPC nerd I'd suggest you keep in mind that long tail keywords don't usually translate to lower cost per clicks.

If the keywords of your choice you're targeting don't have too much search volume then I'd suggest you move on to keywords that are still somewhat relevant to your product but have some search volume. Ideally I consider anything less than 600-800 search volume to be low.
Thank you very much. It makes sense and I'll give it a try!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.