The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

For Smartphone users: Which one ya got?

D

DeletedUser394

This topic was done a few years ago, but times have changed.

Buying one in a week or two. It will be for business as well as personal. (eventually might get two, but one for now haha)

Just curious what kind of phones everyone has and if they're happy with it?

I'm looking for something to be able to use email quickly and easily as well as standard calling/texting. Not sure if this is standard, but it would be a bonus if the model in question came with a camera feature.

Naturally I'm thinking Iphone. But there are plenty of other smartphone options, so I'm just curious what other fastlaners use for business/personal.

Gracias

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

XavierYZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 23, 2012
Somewhere in Ontario
I've tried them all, in this order, Blackberry, Android, Apple, Android (3 days) went back to Apple. Sticking with iPhone.

iPhone gets the job done. Android tries to act like a computer with 101 different ways to do things.

iPhone Simple yet elegant

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
I have the HTC Rezound. It has the best screen on any phone and it is a pleasure to use. Battery life is pretty good, it has 4G which iPhones don't have. Androids in general seem to let you have much more control than an iPhone. I also like the big screen as well. It's very responsive as well. I think it's the best phone on the market right now.

I would think every smartphone comes with a camera by the way.

ryantreb

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 4, 2012
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
I have the HTC Rezound. I like it. Android phones in general give you much more control. With that being said, if you just want to email and text quickly I think the iPhone 4S would probably beat any Andriod right now. You can literally tell your phone to text someone and what message you want to say. No typing. Pretty sweet.

pro

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Sep 5, 2011
Mum's Basement
Android Galaxy s2 > all I've tested

I can instantly send all my data to the cloud/open files in the application I desire
Full browsing experience - no flash limitations
Full data/application control
Almost 48GB of storage with my microSD

My iPhone does look small in comparison and I won't go back

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
Once you get a larger screen droid, iphone loses a lot of appeal. just got a galaxy s2 from an iphone3. I won't consider an iphone til they make a bigger screen/thinner phone like droids. The voice to text is near perfect on the S2 for texts, emails, docs, search etc...

mmtprofile

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 21, 2011
Depends on what you use it for... I usea blackberry but have no reason to because I don't need to store anything on their servers.

I would prefer an iPhone. It's sexy, has an iPod, HD camera, skype and a fast browser.

unless you're a power-user, go iPhone.

Chewy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 25, 2012
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
I had the iPhone 3g and loved it. Did everything I needed it to.

Upgraded to a Samsung Infuse (android) and it does everything my iphone did but also has faster connection and much more customize options. (but many customization apps will cause more issues with the operating system lagging and freezing.)

Its kinda like a decision between Mac or PC. Mac - more expensive and performs very well. PC - cheaper, you can tweak it exactly how you like, but slightly less reliable at times.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.